did you choose or was it bred into you?

my dad wasnt into football - so much so that he took me to see stockport play a couple of times, but he did some work on joe royles house when he moved to city in the mid 70s, Met him, he gave me a choc ice - and a great love affair started. (city, not choc ices)
Both my lads are now season ticket holders. my 14 year old having seen us beat utd 4 times already.

Fantastic journey, and as a wise man once said, you dont enjoy the highs if you havent felt the lows.

We'll support you ever more!

Happily, I had no choice in the matter, as both my Dad and Grandad are blues who were lucky enough to see City's glory years.

If I have kids they're not gonna have a choice either!

Chose.

It was around the time the Rags won their treble, and every man and their dog was a "United" fan, so in typical NathanC fashion, I said I will support City.

And I have loved them ever since.

My uncle told me that i was a City fan and that was that, all my family was.
My Dad & Grandad took me to my 1st game when i was 7.
We played derby & beat them 4-3 the 1st home game after the league cup win of `76.
I was in awe of the magic of Maine Road & we were challenging for the title that season
there was England internationals all over the team.
Its hard to believe looking back the lack of success we`ve had since.
Lets just hope we give the manager the backing & time to put together a side
to challenge for the top honours once again.

nigel said:
jopapgh said:
Fifth generation City fan. My great great grandfather and namesake played for Ardwick FC back in the 1890's.

Fantastic post....in fact post of the year 2008...better than having a a great Auntie who was a Dalek in a suit

You must be proud...Now post us your tree
All in the family here. It's was actually our great grandfather who played for Ardwick. I was a bit skeptical when our dad told me this years ago but in Gary James' illustrious book, Manchester:The Greatest City, there's a news article with his surname (he scored but the match was abandoned) at the same time he was rumoured to be playing for the club. He and all the eldest sons on down to my brother share his namesake. In the family now there are probably 25 blues and we're spread out all over the Uk, Canada, the US and Spain/Russia.

Happy Blue Year to All!

dad's a red

mum's a blue

guess it's true women win all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me and mum are season ticket holders in colin bell stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.