did you choose or was it bred into you?

jopapgh said:
Fifth generation City fan. My great great grandfather and namesake played for Ardwick FC back in the 1890's.

Fantastic post....in fact post of the year 2008...better than having a a great Auntie who was a Dalek in a suit

You must be proud...Now post us your tree

Born into a blue family, no choice but didn't need one.

Hated being the only blue at school, full of scousers and rags. Actually cried back in the day when city were 2 up against bin dippers and ended up drawing. This was when I was in the North stand at MR

Dad took me to one side after the game and actually asked if I still wanted to support the blues?

Looked around me at all the fans singing their hearts out and I was lost forever

CTID

bluejase said:
Another question to you with kids, nephews, nieces. Do you force it on them or let them decide?

My nephew is 2 and a half and already has every city kit out since he was born, got him singing 'we've got robinho' and his favourite colour is blue. Is that harsh? :D
lol, my son is 2 he sings shauny wright wright wright, we've got robinho and my next son (who arrive's in march) will be exactly the same, none of them stand a chance both grandad's are blue, his uncle blue, another uncle is Oldham and the last one doesn't like footy so just like's the rag's because they are always on in the pub.lol.

My old mans first game was city united at old trafford in 1960...city got thumped 5-1 and from that day forward he said there was something that excited him about manchester city, united never had any appeal. My dad never chose for me but being anything other than a city fan would be like burning a family member and watching it. I'm so glad he picked city and for all the right reasons. Once a blue... always a blue!

Mum was a Blue from Blackley who grew up in Fallowfield (R.I.P)

Dad is a Blue from Sale who grew up in Alty.

I was never going to be anything other than a City fan and I would never change it for anything.

No football fans in my family 'til me and I was a late starter!

Been watching 'em for forty years now and my boy does the same.

Great days we've had and better to come!

Im Canadian, Football wasnt even a part of my life for the most part until about 3 years ago when I seperated my shoulder and was out of hockey for a month. I started watching it on the Setanta channel we got on the sattelite and I couldnt help but love the game as a whole.

Then I watched some games of City and I just fell in love. Once I have a son or daughter their gonna be born and bred blue. Hopefully a move over the pond as well if my son becomes the next Stephen Ireland! (I can dream cant I!)

My Mum's brother came down from Whitehaven one Saturday, Sept 1956. It was a City home match v. Blackpool. Matthews might have been playing but the dreadful thought is that if he had come a week earlier or later I would have ended up a rag. . . . . . . and had 50 odd years of unremitting suffering following that bunch of bovine faeces.

I am from Scotland therefore I was brought up supporting my local team Falkirk. Was given a rag top when I was 6 and hated everything about it ever since then I have been a City fan. Don't get to a lot of games but watch every city game on the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.