did you choose or was it bred into you?

I'm named after Mike Summerbee and Franny Lee. No choice...............My sons initials are MCFC........... I had no choice and neither will he. Took him a few times but he'd rather watch Power Rangers. Can't blame him after the nil nil draw with the pie eaters last season

First game I saw on TV was 1955 Cup Final
My Auntie had just bought a TV
City one down after 2 minutes lost a player after 15mins Bobby Johnstone equalised with a diving header just before half time
As the teams went off at half time the commentator pointed out the City fans were still cheering the goal From that moment I was blue but took 2 years before my mam would let me go to Maine Road(1957) v Wolves of course we lost but stood on the scoreboard end I was soon into all the chants etc
The cheerleader was a guy in a scruffy suit with elastoplast holding his glasses together.He started all the chants and songs 2-4 -6-8 who do we appreciate and we all shouted C-I-T-Y CITY. Wonderful memories
I have never forgot that day and have been a fanatical blue ever since
Both my sons are City fans also who like me now follow the team everywhere including Europe
A lot different in my day trips to Bilbao Lierse etc with just a handful of fans attending A far cry from Schalke this season

Living in Wigan in 1976 you were city or utd, i chose the city path and have no family history before me supporting city. would like to think i have earned my stripes since then, i have followed them through thick and thin since then. I have converted many friends and family members since then and we all now follow city passionately, we all now have kids of our own and they all follow the blues aswell - many of us having season tickets. So although i am not Manchester born i have spread the good word and created future legacies of blue families.

My old fella was Irish he had no allegiance to any club really. He had a thing for Leeds and then Liverpool (talk about glory hunter)
It was my older brother that brainwashed me blue.
Got my 1st kit for christmas 1969 scarlett and black, i was 6.
Been on the rollercoaster ever since.
My 9yr old is City mad now and considering we in West of Ireland i think i've done ok.
He never stood a chance really, i just kept bringing him to City 'til he got the bug.
I'm really proud of him. He's always in a City kit, though i do provide them on request.
Well thats the least i can do.

my family has always supported city even in the days of Ardwick FC. I've grown up going to school near the swamp and surrounded by rags so i could have easily turned to the darkside but once a blue always a blue thank god. Also apparently when my dad held me for the first time as a baby, he was wearing a city tracksuit top and ive been told i grabbed the badge on it (it was the circle one then) and smeared blood on it so i suppose ive always had blue blood :)

i was brought to manchester as a baby when my family moved from belfast. we lived in the moss 5 mins away from maine road. r i p. as a kid me mum told me to support linfield and me dad says rangers. both blue of course. city have been my team all my life. just hope they win something soon before i drop dead. of course i remember the 60's and 70's . just never thought i would have to wait soooooooo long for another trophy.

My old fella could of signed for the rags. My grand parents wouldnt let him! Enough said, I'm 50 in Jan. My first match '69 cup final.

Choose myself, in a wonderful moment of clarity when i was 4 went to the local park and it was all red and i hate red. It has been a long labour of love eversince lol

Was sucked into it.... SGE took charge, I started reading Bluemoon and Mancityfans, and loved it. Yeah yeah, bandwagoner bla bla bla, but I have stayed for 17 months now and loved every minute for some strange reason.

This is one crazy club! :)

my mums side of the family are all rags and my dads side are blades fans....so i guess i opted for city

although, my uncle married into our family about 30 years ago and he is an avid blue...it was really around then i fell in love with city and been with them ever since....so i guess i have my uncle to thank

i do have a confession to make........recently my mum found an old piccie of me from when i was about 6 dressed in a rag kit....ARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.