Did you ever think it would be this good?

All I ever wanted was a proper Cup Final at Wembley. League Cup would have been fine. And one trip to Europe watching City.

I went to the finals in ‘76 and the two in ‘81 but I was a child then and the Full Members doesn’t really count, even though it was a good day out.

Anything on top of that Lockeron trip ( not counting TNS ) and the Stoke final has been a bonus really.

I hoped but never thought it would be this good.
My biggest regret is my younger brother died in January 2008 and didn’t get to experience the takeover and what followed. The only ‘success’ he witnessed was beating Gillingham in 99. There’s so many ‘time served’ blues who couldn’t complete the journey, so this is for them too.

At the millennium I said I could die a happy man if
City won a trophy
Fleetwood got in the league
Ireland won the grand slam
Lancy won the County championship
Not one of those events seemed remotely possible at the time and all have since come to pass. At the time I was happy that City were doing well in the championship and we'd had that wonderful day at Wembley. Never in my wildest dreams did I see this happening. Thank you Lord.

"If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same ..."
- Rudyard Kipling, IF.

The rest of it is a pretty good guide both to loving City and a wise & contented life.

After we won the league in 12 i would have died happy. Said at the time if we never won anything again i would not be arsed. Pre 2008 my best hope was a league cup final appearance and i was not even bothered if we did not win. NEVER ever thought we would win a cup pre 2008. The 3 team cartel had it sown up. Happy fucking days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.