Did You Go Halifax Away In the FA Cup in 1980?

What about Wigan in the FA Cup Final? That defeat and the whole Mancini farce eclipsed the defeats at Halifax, Shrewsbury and against Spurs in the FA Cup final.
The Wigan defeat for me was no where near as bad. We had already been FA Cup and EPL winners in the previous years under Mancini.

I remember saying to my children whose first cup final it was, as Wigan fans rightly celebrated on the tube, let them enjoy their day as unlike us they won’t be back anytime soon

Losing cup finals will never be as bad as being relegated multiple times and the dark days of the third tier

Yes and Shrewsbury the season before , was convinced we couldn’t mess up two seasons on the bounce , shows what I know about football.

The Wigan defeat for me was no where near as bad. We had already been FA Cup and EPL winners in the previous years under Mancini.

I remember saying to my children whose first cup final it was, as Wigan fans rightly celebrated on the tube, let them enjoy their day as unlike us they won’t be back anytime soon

Losing cup finals will never be as bad as being relegated multiple times and the dark days of the third tier
The wigan cup final wasn't in my to top 20 worst City defeats. I just shrugged it off as a bad day and looked forward to the future under a new manager.

Went to both Halifax and Shrewsbury..
Fucking jeans were ruined with the mud from the terrace at the Halifax game..
I remember after the game City fans splitting into two groups and running wild with coppers and dogs not sure which group to chase.
Was also at Blackpool when we also lost..but slight consolation was that Bournemouth beat the rags..
Fuck me we were shite at cup games weren't we.

Yes I did and as others have said Shrewsbury the year before theses are the times I remember to keep me grounded about what we have now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.