Diego Carlos

Otamendi very rarely makes tackles like that , he's normally very deliberate about not giving penalties away. He would have tried to take him out way earlier (whether successful or not).

That was never a red card tackle anyway, the ball was there to be won.

Just saw that penalty thing. Honestly, like a few others have said, the thing that I took from it is that he's bloody fast! Literally 99% of players wouldn't have reached the area if he was chasing them. He'll play someone like Traore a handful of times a season at most. The pen wasn't great, but I don't think it was catastrophic really.

Otamendi very rarely makes tackles like that , he's normally very deliberate about not giving penalties away. He would have tried to take him out way earlier (whether successful or not).

That was never a red card tackle anyway, the ball was there to be won.

Otamendi normally goes to ground trying to make a tackle 30 yards out, misses because he's already 2 yards behind, and then just watches as the goal gets scored.

Do people not remember the press conferences in 2016/17 when Pep was just completely despairing at how Otamendi would take himself out of the game so high up the pitch?

I have a feeling the club already decided on Koulibaly. They’re just waiting for the CL to finish.

Pen was poor because he should have took the man on the halfway line but hindsight is a wonderful thing at times.

I think he does have star quality he looks like a confident lad and would slot in to our team well. He would need to tone the aggressiveness down a touch but I always prefer an over-zealous defender to a passive one. Nothing frustrates me more than seeing Stones backing off a player for an eternity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.