Diego novaretti

Jack Wills said:
bluemanhatton said:
Jack Wills said:
That doesn't sound too promising does it. If we lose Kolo and Lescott and get this guy that seems like a big backward step to me. Of course, I haven't seen him play, never heard of him, but surely we should be looking at players good enough to have a fair few international caps! I thought we were meant to be after that Greek centre-back from Schalke?

But you have heard of the Greek guy who's name you don't know.......

No, but he's got international caps and plays for a decent European side, so I'm assuming he's a good player. Why go for uncapped 27-year olds who only play in the Mexican league? Hardly going to put the fear of god in the likes of Suarez and Van Persie is he! We need quality.

So did Emile Heskey

No experience in Europe but he'll be a 4th choice CB on 30k p/w or so. Kolo and Joleon earn around 100k.

Jack Wills said:
bluemanhatton said:
Jack Wills said:
That doesn't sound too promising does it. If we lose Kolo and Lescott and get this guy that seems like a big backward step to me. Of course, I haven't seen him play, never heard of him, but surely we should be looking at players good enough to have a fair few international caps! I thought we were meant to be after that Greek centre-back from Schalke?

No, but he's got international caps and plays for a decent European side, so I'm assuming he's a good player. Why go for uncapped 27-year olds who only play in the Mexican league? Hardly going to put the fear of god in the likes of Suarez and Van Persie is he! We need quality.
Most ingnorant post i ever seen, you rate player on where they play and if they been playing for the naional team. Ask yourself how many english players have played for the english team that are SHIT but they got a couple of games under their belt.

zeven said:
Jack Wills said:
bluemanhatton said:

Most ingnorant post i ever seen, you rate player on where they play and if they been playing for the naional team. Ask yourself how many english players have played for the english team that are SHIT but they got a couple of games under their belt.
When you look at the overall quality of argie CBs in the last 6-7 years that claim about the national team caps becomes whole lot less ignorant. Only two names of any sort of quality come to mind Samuel and Collocini. You come and tell me that Demichelis and Otamendi are solid and I will laugh. Point being eventhough Albiceleste had a crazy person (Maradona) managing for two years Novaretti should have still gathered not one not two, but loads of caps. Should have been a regular in the argie squads. IF he was the quality City should be signing.

Like I said earlier I hope he is of quality, but I don't believe he is. This is about saving money, not signing quality.

Argentina have solid centre backs and have for a number of years their weakness in defence has always been fullbacks, Rojo, Fernandez, Garay, Coloccini and Mascherano are all good centre backs playing at a higher level than Novaretti, i see him coming in as cover he will prob get called up if he signs for us , Bruce, Fink and Di Canio were all great players but never capped, plus didnt Novaretti piss of alot of people in argentina before he headed to Mexico?

Jack Wills said:
bluemanhatton said:
Jack Wills said:

Just google 'FIFA International rankings' and you will be in for a shock. Mexico are ranked 14th, ahead of a list of nations which includes Belgium [16th], Uruguay [17th], France [18th], BRAZIL [19th!!!], Denmark [20th], Ghana [22nd] and Chile [23rd].

Mexican football isn't quite the rubbish league you would like to think it is.

Kijin said:
zeven said:
Jack Wills said:
When you look at the overall quality of argie CBs in the last 6-7 years that claim about the national team caps becomes whole lot less ignorant. Only two names of any sort of quality come to mind Samuel and Collocini. You come and tell me that Demichelis and Otamendi are solid and I will laugh. Point being eventhough Albiceleste had a crazy person (Maradona) managing for two years Novaretti should have still gathered not one not two, but loads of caps. Should have been a regular in the argie squads. IF he was the quality City should be signing.

Like I said earlier I hope he is of quality, but I don't believe he is. This is about saving money, not signing quality.
Mascherano, Garay, Campagnaro plus more that I can't think of probably.

dachoosen1 said:
Argentina have solid centre backs and have for a number of years their weakness in defence has always been fullbacks, Rojo, Fernandez, Garay, Coloccini and Mascherano are all good centre backs playing at a higher level than Novaretti, i see him coming in as cover he will prob get called up if he signs for us , Bruce, Fink and Di Canio were all great players but never capped, plus didnt Novaretti piss of alot of people in argentina before he headed to Mexico?
yes, something to do with him jumping ship and fucking his old club over (according to them that is)

and if you look at some of the current Argie bosses decisions, you may give him less credibility:
Constantly picks Di Santo over Tevez
Erik Lamela hasn't been in the squad for ages, yet he still picks a 32 year old Maxi Rodriguez
No Ustari, Pastore, Salvio or Gaitan in the current squad but Augusto Fernandez, Montillo, Ponzio and Bastanta are.

Di Santos over Tevez?!lol Im still not back on the Tevez band wagon yet (will be if he signs an extension!lol) but would have Carlos all day! Afew bad decisions there but I hope if we bring him in he is capable cover at least as good as Kolo, my only worry is I think someone here said he is left footer, and Mancini likes a Left footer at LCB which could mean the end of Lescott.

kun said:
Mascherano, Garay, Campagnaro plus more that I can't think of probably.
I personally don't understand Masch's transition to CB. Okay, I undestand at it Barca 'cause they want to play Busi at CDM and need someone with better ball control.

However if I personally wanted to use a proper CB in a more "normal" enviroment I'd never use him. Good on the ground, good reactions and interceptions. short as h*ll, semi good jump. Sound a familiar prototype for another position? Yes, CDM. I don't care how much he himself thinks it's great to be CB. Probs is, it's less work for you Masch ;)

Sorry for the minor OT

I guess I'm the one who should follow Argentina's national side more. What you just wrote about Di Santo and Tevez sounds disturbing. That Sabella must be as looney as Maradona.

Though I have to say; Last game that I saw from the argies was away @ Bolivia and in that game one of their main problems was central defence (someone said that they only struggle with full backs ). It was a LQ live stream so I couldn't make out who was plaiyng/panicking in the center. Gotta see if I can find the team sheet from somewhere. But maybe the real problem wasn't with Argentina who looked like they sucked on the pitch. Maybe the problem was La Paz ;).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.