Dimitri Seluk (Yaya's agent)

It's quite sad the amount of people who think Yaya doesn't play as well anymore because he's 'lazy'.

The only thing lazy is that sort of critisism.

He can't run or play like he did simply because he's almost in his mid 30's. His passing is still good but a big part of his game was his pace and power, which is rapidly on the decline.

Believe it or not Pirlo for NYC isn't lazy either because he doesn't chase the ball around as much as he did a few years ago and if Pele came out of retirement and struggled to regain his form of the 1960's it wouldn't be because he was lazy either.

Players get old and quickly lose form, sometimes it's a slow decline but sometimes it can happen quickly. All I know is that Yaya was a brilliant player for this club and despite his age getting the better of him, I'll never forget what he helped us accomplish.
Couldn,t agree more.

@unlikelyfan19 why do we need to wait and see if he can be arsed and will lose the weight when we've waited 2 years for him to do it? why wait for him to use up a squad spot sitting on the bench when we can get rid and get someone in who can genuinely improve our midfield and be up to it. Yaya's had 2 years to show he can be arsed and he's failed.

You could say that about a few though. Personally I would get rid of 6/7 of em either for lack of application or lack of ability.

@unlikelyfan19 why do we need to wait and see if he can be arsed and will lose the weight when we've waited 2 years for him to do it? why wait for him to use up a squad spot sitting on the bench when we can get rid and get someone in who can genuinely improve our midfield and be up to it. Yaya's had 2 years to show he can be arsed and he's failed.
Haha, we have run into each other a few times this week. Listen, I am fine with him leaving, no love lost here. He will be a legend here when it's all said and done, but I think I would even prefer him to leave at this point. I'm just saying if he doesn't leave, Pep doesn't seem like the type to pander to players because they ruled the roost for a few years when Pellers kept playing him even though it was evident he didn't care all that much. IMO Pellers kept hoping the old Yaya would turn up, but I don't think Yaya feared Pellers enough to get his ass in gear, b/c there wasn't a risk of him being dropped and he knew it.

Absolutely no chance he's a Pep type player. hard work is not part of Yaya's mentality. I'm sure Pep will be advising the owners to try and get rid as soon as possible.

Pep has a 6 second rule that involves hard work to retain lost possession. That's the main thing that has suffered in toure's decline. He could well be used as a deep lying playmaker but he'd still be expected to work hard.

Yeah but Yaya rarely gives the ball away and if it is lost, the ball is generally lost a lot higher up the pitch. It's not like Yaya will have to turn into Gelson Fernandes and start chasing the ball everywhere like a headless chicken. He's intelligent enough to position himself in the correctly. Like i said before, 34 year old Xabi Alonso was pivotal to Bayern under Pep and he arguably never had legs. Kroos isn't exactly renowned for his mobility either and everybody seems desperate for us to spunk £60 million on him despite us having Yaya who can arguably play that role better under the right system and surrounded by the right players.

Yeah but Yaya rarely gives the ball away and if it is lost, the ball is generally lost a lot higher up the pitch. It's not like Yaya will have to turn into Gelson Fernandes and start chasing the ball everywhere like a headless chicken. He's intelligent enough to position himself in the correctly. Like i said before, 34 year old Xabi Alonso was pivotal to Bayern under Pep and he arguably never had legs. Kroos isn't exactly renowned for his mobility either and everybody seems desperate for us to spunk £60 million on him despite us having Yaya who can arguably play that role better under the right system and surrounded by the right players.
Absolutely 100%

Quote from Pep Confidential

One night I’m accompanied by Patricia González, the very young coach of the Azerbaijan Under-19 women’s team. During the dinner Pep gazes at her and says: ‘Patricia, I’ll give you some advice: always pick the good ones. Always!’

The young coach then asks him a really good question. ‘Pep, who are the good ones? Is it the most famous players?’

‘No. The really good players are the ones who never lose the ball. Those who know how to pass it and who never lose it. They are the good ones. And that’s who you must always use, even if they are lower-profile than the rest.

Nasri never looses the ball

I think Nasri will be a regular starter based on that alone. If Toure does okay then Nasri plays for me too because they do play well together. Be interesting to see how many times they were in the same side last season. It can't have been many.

We need a new striker, left back, right back and possibly centre back for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.