Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

alera said:
Thing is the actual backers have not been confirmed. There are a number of funds in the region the biggest being Chinas and Singapore.

But its s very very unlikely to be the big funds. The investments they normally make - infrastructure etc are solid long term prospects. Property. Things like the national lottery.

Buying a football club is a big gamble no one has ever really made serious money from it, massively speculative. Those funds are not in it for small speculative profit. They are in it to store the nations wealth in stable, sensible solid assets - the exact opposite to a football club.

The people that bought city dont seem to care about making money but there is more in the area and the overall pacakge that makes it more likely than Liverpool (Already have the stadium - 200 acres to redevelope etc)

The way its being conducted suggests its more along the lines of the way a smaller hedge fund or venture capatalists work. Trying to buy a distressed asset on the cheap (in a very aggresive manner in this case) stabalise the situation and then sell in the short to medium term for a big profit. The way its being conducted there is nothing to suggest there will be massive amounts of money for transfers and for the stadium redevelopement and even if there is its very unlikley to be on the same terms as Chelsea and city - gratis free no debt involved. It would more along the debt profile of utd but spread over a much longer period.

We will see, part of me even as a city fan wants to see those yanks get fucked on this as there is no doubt they haver run Liverpool into the ground, would be a bit annoying to see them making a big profit for taking the piss so much.

Also the amount it will wind up the rags will be epic - they would be the only major UK club in the top 6 in a fucked up financial siutation.

Yep - tend to agree - they certainly won´t be the bottomless pit that our owners appear to be - China still has huge poverty in rural areas so it needs to invest as much as poss in infrastructure - depends how fast they go . If they held on to LFC for 20 years they could conceivably end up with a cash cow, providing LFC are successful in the interim - they would need to win the P.L. within 2/3 years

Horrible bunch of unitelligiable scum bags..............KILL 'EM ALL! I TELLS YA! ALL OF 'EM!

And on a lighter note......Next post please:

Prestwich_Blue said:
Anyway who cares? The more clubs that have money, the better for the game and we're then on a more level playing field at the top of the league.

Instead of 3 or 4 clubs dominating, we could have 7 or 8 battling it out and it will come down to who has the best management, like it used to be pre-Sky days.

I care. No interest in other teams being able to compete with us. We have all waited decades for this!

Anyway why the nostalga for pre-Premier League days. In the 17 seasons from 1975, Liverpool won it 10 times, Everton and Arsenal twice and Villa, Leeds and Forest once each. Hardly a wide spread of success. Liverpool's utter domination was as unhealthy as anything we have seen since the Premier League.

1_barry_conlon said:
dick slexia said:
The scousers have always prided themselves over how socially concious they are ( and rightfully so I think) I just wonder how they will now square the fact that they might be owned or funded by a totalitarian government with an awful human rights record.

Just like the socially conscious way they tried to absolve theirselves of any blame for Heysel?
And dare we say Hillsborough - but I won´t go there.....

projectriver said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anyway who cares? The more clubs that have money, the better for the game and we're then on a more level playing field at the top of the league.

Instead of 3 or 4 clubs dominating, we could have 7 or 8 battling it out and it will come down to who has the best management, like it used to be pre-Sky days.

I care. No interest in other teams being able to compete with us. We have all waited decades for this!

Anyway why the nostalga for pre-Premier League days. In the 17 seasons from 1975, Liverpool won it 10 times, Everton and Arsenal twice and Villa, Leeds and Forest once each. Hardly a wide spread of success. Liverpool's utter domination was as unhealthy as anything we have seen since the Premier League.

Absofuckinglutely!

projectriver said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I hear what you're saying PR - but within the context of the premier league as it currently stands - i sort of agree with PB. I'd rather have more competitive teams than less.

Taking it one step further - I think there'd be much more satisfaction in winning a very competitive league than winning a league in which there's only ever two teams in the running...

All miss the point if Liverpool come in and spend money like us then the press cant jump on our back over it anymore

OH SHIT I FORGOT WE DONT HAVE ANY HISTORY

Trouble with supporting a club that was formed on 1st September 2008

BillyShears said:
projectriver said:

I hear what you're saying PR - but within the context of the premier league as it currently stands - i sort of agree with PB. I'd rather have more competitive teams than less.

Taking it one step further - I think there'd be much more satisfaction in winning a very competitive league than winning a league in which there's only ever two teams in the running...

Each to their own. I really don't think Liverpool fans cared through the 70s and 80s that realistically they were unchallenged or United in the last 10 years that its been a 2 horse race every year or that Barca/Real care that Real Mallorca don't compete and on and on. Football has always been elitist and just when we finally become part of that elite, people go all nostalgic for a level playing field that has never existed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.