Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

projectriver said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Anyway who cares? The more clubs that have money, the better for the game and we're then on a more level playing field at the top of the league.

Instead of 3 or 4 clubs dominating, we could have 7 or 8 battling it out and it will come down to who has the best management, like it used to be pre-Sky days.

I care. No interest in other teams being able to compete with us. We have all waited decades for this!

Anyway why the nostalga for pre-Premier League days. In the 17 seasons from 1975, Liverpool won it 10 times, Everton and Arsenal twice and Villa, Leeds and Forest once each. Hardly a wide spread of success. Liverpool's utter domination was as unhealthy as anything we have seen since the Premier League.
From a selfish point of view as a City fan you're right that we want a clear run of course.

The Liverpool team of the 70's & 80's had an outstanding scouting and coaching system and won things on merit, not because they'd spent more than anyone else. One game I'll always remember is the 77/78 home game that we won 3-1 because we crushed them in the second half, which was unheard of. Normally they would come to MR and brush us aside but you didn't go away thinking "They wouldn't be able to do that if they didn't have money." It was more "What a good team they are. Why can't we play like that."

We could make a case for being the second best team in the league from 1973 - 1977.

mike channon´s windmill said:
1_barry_conlon said:
Just like the socially conscious way they tried to absolve theirselves of any blame for Heysel?
And dare we say Hillsborough - but I won´t go there.....

Yes best not to go there lads, I was thinking more of earlier times when some of the great social reformers lived there, if you walk around the parks there you will see statues erected to them. Nowadays they are more likely to burgle your house and then organize a collection to help you

dick slexia said:

Yes best not to go there lads, I was thinking more of earlier times when some of the great social reformers lived there, if you walk around the parks there you will see statues erected to them. Nowadays they are more likely to burgle your house and then organize a collection to help you

Epicentre of the slave trade...is that socially conscious?

dick slexia said:

For a city that florished from the slave trade...I think that is a bit rich!
All the real social reformation came out of cottonopolis, Womens Sufferage, trade unions, child labour laws.etc

Bluecifer said:
dick slexia said:

For a city that florished from the slave trade...I think that is a bit rich!
All the real social reformation came out of cottonopolis, Womens Sufferage, trade unions, child labour laws.etc
Indeedy - doody - now I wonder where that might have been?;)

Re: Chinese takeaway...

nashark said:
Why would anyone want to buy Liverpool?

A club that is drowning in debt shall be of no interest to a wise businessman nor shall it attract someone like our glorious owner as they do not offer anything such as the project which is taking place in our very own Bradford.
This is so true.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Syrian bloke reckons HE´S got an agreement according to beeb
Except he's apparently saying he's been talking directly to H&G, instead of BarCap. More smoke and mirrors.

I'm sure that BarCap are well aware if this guy really is at the stage he is claiming. Always remember, there's always an idiot that thinks they can make the impossible deal a money maker as proved by this lunacy from the Beeb...

"Blackburn Rovers in talks over potential takeover bid

Blackburn Rovers are in talks with a "number of interested parties" about a possible takeover of the club, according to chairman John Williams.

Owned by the trustees of the late Jack Walker, the club is about £20m in debt.
Ahasan Ali Syed, head of the investment company Western Gulf Advisory, is said to have opened talks with Blackburn's advisers at investment bank Rothschild.
"There have been a number of interested parties for some time and discussions are ongoing," said Williams.

Syed's company WGA has offices in Bahrain and Switzerland and the 36-year-old is a lawyer who studied at the London School of Economics.

He is reported to have promised to clear the club's debt and invest £300m to sustain the club over a long period of time.

A number of consortiums have contacted the trustees over the last three years including one fronted by ex-JJB Sports chief Chris Ronnie, and another based in Iceland.
In June another Indian entrepreneur, Saurin Shah, was reported as being prepared to bid for the club."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.