Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

@shelovesyou

Mansours family allegedly £560 billion.
Abu dhabi wealth fund $627 billion

Doesn't mean you'll get a huge pot although you say in one sentence you wouldn't mind it and in the next you would. For all the talk going in the scousers would rip their hands off. Tell me I'm wrong.

projectriver said:
I don't want to shatter the dreams of thousands of Liverpool fans but CICs Investment Policy couldn't apply less to this situation if they tried. CIC is about investing for FINANCIAL return not the plaything of the Chinese people. It won't take a Chinese maths genius to see through this "business plan".

As for Tony Barrett, if he's knowledgeable or well connected about these matters he does a marvellous job of hiding it. At best, he's a sports hack and he should get one of his colleagues from the business team to help out. The crap I have heard from him on podcasts, talksport and elsewhere really make me sick.

Honestly, there may well be a buyer out there but i'd guess if there is, we haven't heard from him/them yet.

No offence mate but youve no idea what yer talking about regarding Barrett.
What Business plan are you referring to mate ?
Have you seen it ?
Not many go into this kind of venture not wanting a return, the fans know this and can live with it, what we dont like is false prophets, Lie's and abuse of the fans via emails.

Decent owners who are transparent and accountable. Thats all we ask.

RAWK is hysterical there are posts claiming if the sale doesn't go through they will be in administration by Oct as RBS will call in the loan

Just been talking to a mate who works with leveraged buy outs for HBOS in the city and I was asking him his opinion on the LFC situation. He says basically RBS have the controlling interest in the club due to the debt they hold and Hicks and Gillet basically have little or no influence on the decision of who to sell to when push comes to shove. At this stage RBS don't want to rule with an iron fist and so have installed Broughton to look after their interests and try to make a sale at board level, but if the yanks dilly dally too much RBS have the power to go over their heads. Due to the level of debt, the equity the club holds has little value meaning that the club currently is probably worth no more than £350m. We should therefore be worried if any investor wishes to pay more - I doubt any will

The yanks absolutely have to sell before the window closes as RBS will call in the loans in October. If that does indeed happen with no transfer window open at that time we'd be looking at administration and huge loses for the yanks. I reckon if the yanks dig their heels in RBS will pretty much sell the club from under them as they won't want to be seen as responsible for sending the country's most successful football club into administration. I reckon it's all down to Broughton, Ayre and Purslow to pick the right bidder
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=261476.0

Cheers to a bin dipper mate for posting that on their facebook

shelovesyouyehyehyeh said:
projectriver said:
I don't want to shatter the dreams of thousands of Liverpool fans but CICs Investment Policy couldn't apply less to this situation if they tried. CIC is about investing for FINANCIAL return not the plaything of the Chinese people. It won't take a Chinese maths genius to see through this "business plan".

As for Tony Evans, if he's knowledgeable or well connected about these matters he does a marvellous job of hiding it. At best, he's a sports hack and he should get one of his colleagues from the business team to help out. The crap I have heard from him on podcasts, talksport and elsewhere really make me sick.

Honestly, there may well be a buyer out there but i'd guess if there is, we haven't heard from him/them yet.

No offence mate but youve no idea what yer talking about regarding Barrett.
What Business plan are you referring to mate ?
Have you seen it ?
Not many go into this kind of venture not wanting a return, the fans know this and can live with it, what we dont like is false prophets, Lie's and abuse of the fans via emails.

Decent owners who are transparent and accountable. Thats all we ask.

Tony EVANS (not Barrett) - heard and read plenty of his garbage
Business plan - not seen it but do the maths. No deal that requires paying more than £250m and building a £200m can ever generate a return. Even before investment in the team (essential if you are to qualify for Champions League), the numbers don't work. Anyone spinning that they can, simply does not understand the industry.
Transparency - because of the point above, you are very unlikely to ever get it. Like so many new owners before them, a buyer seeking a financial return at Liverpool will quickly back track from promises (like at Portsmouth, Newcastle, Brum, Villa, United, Liverpool etc etc.)

bluemonkey71 said:
@shelovesyou

Mansours family allegedly £560 billion.
Abu dhabi wealth fund $627 billion

Doesn't mean you'll get a huge pot although you say in one sentence you wouldn't mind it and in the next you would. For all the talk going in the scousers would rip their hands off. Tell me I'm wrong.

Correction..Abu Dhabi SWF´s about a trillion. There´s several but of course ADIA (£675bn) is the biggest one.

Assets under Al-Nahyan control/ownership approx £3Trillion in toto, take note that that includes all the oilfields etc. It´s not money they really can spend on City because it pays for most things in Abu Dhabi.
Pocket money the Al-Nahyan family can spend as they like more or less..something like £200bn but it´s spread all over the family.

As for China they are fairly new in this and keep most of their foreign assets in liquid assets like bonds, CID's and similar and while CIC might just be a fraction of the Al-Nahyan financial empire China collectively have around £2trillion stashed away abroad.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
RAWK is hysterical there are posts claiming if the sale doesn't go through they will be in administration by Oct as RBS will call in the loan

Just been talking to a mate who works with leveraged buy outs for HBOS in the city and I was asking him his opinion on the LFC situation. He says basically RBS have the controlling interest in the club due to the debt they hold and Hicks and Gillet basically have little or no influence on the decision of who to sell to when push comes to shove. At this stage RBS don't want to rule with an iron fist and so have installed Broughton to look after their interests and try to make a sale at board level, but if the yanks dilly dally too much RBS have the power to go over their heads. Due to the level of debt, the equity the club holds has little value meaning that the club currently is probably worth no more than £350m. We should therefore be worried if any investor wishes to pay more - I doubt any will

The yanks absolutely have to sell before the window closes as RBS will call in the loans in October. If that does indeed happen with no transfer window open at that time we'd be looking at administration and huge loses for the yanks. I reckon if the yanks dig their heels in RBS will pretty much sell the club from under them as they won't want to be seen as responsible for sending the country's most successful football club into administration. I reckon it's all down to Broughton, Ayre and Purslow to pick the right bidder

There is no need for administration. The club is far more valuable as a going concern so RBS will take formal control and like the government does at RBS, it'll stick it's own management team in and manage it out of these problems and them out of the debt. At £237m, RBS won't be losing much cash. If there was real panic now, Torres and Gerrard would have been sold and the RBS debt reduced.

projectriver said:
Bluemoonbaldboy said:

There is no need for administration. The club is far more valuable as a going concern so RBS will take formal control and like the government does at RBS, it'll stick it's own management team in and manage it out of these problems and them out of the debt. At £237m, RBS won't be losing much cash. If there was real panic now, Torres and Gerrard would have been sold and the RBS debt reduced.
Thats true enough but it is funny the panic some of them are feeling to come out with rubbish like that

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
projectriver said:
Thats true enough but it is funny the panic some of them are feeling to come out with rubbish like that

Reading the quote again, the first paragraph basically explains why there is no need to panic then, in panic, goes on to draw the completely wrong conclusion.

Also given HBOS just sold their whole leveraged portfolio Im not sure this guys mate was the best person to ask!

Just seen the strangers comment of them all from Keith Harris. He claims to be acting for a buyer but then goes on to say it's worth much more than £325m. Isn't he meant to be negotiating the price down?!

The Times are running the story that the Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund are backing the bid fronted by that Kenny Huang fella.

The Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund according to The Times is worth £150Bn and basicly means Liverpool would be owned by the Chinese government.

10.Goater_Legend said:
The Times are running the story that the Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund are backing the bid fronted by that Kenny Huang fella.

The Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund according to The Times is worth £150Bn and basicly means Liverpool would be owned by the Chinese government.
Thats what stumps me after Thaksin passed the fit and proper persons test it was tightened up China hasn't got the best human rights record so surely any bid involving them would fail? The reason I guess this is when Notts County were "took over" every person involved had to be declared

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.