Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
10.Goater_Legend said:
The Times are running the story that the Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund are backing the bid fronted by that Kenny Huang fella.

The Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund according to The Times is worth £150Bn and basicly means Liverpool would be owned by the Chinese government.
Thats what stumps me after Thaksin passed the fit and proper persons test it was tightened up China hasn't got the best human rights record so surely any bid involving them would fail? The reason I guess this is when Notts County were "took over" every person involved had to be declared

The scudamore one said human rights is no issue.

The ITK's on here were adamant Torres and Gerrard would be leaving, they were certain at least one would. They were also claiming Torres had joined City, or Chelsea. None of this came through, both are staying. So, now the same ones are claiming no sale of Liverpool is possible at all either in the coming months? These 'ITK's' are a joke, anyone here claiming to have inside information on the financial situation at Liverpool ruins their credibility. Why make assumptions based on conjecture and try and pass them off as facts on a football forum?

All I will say is, there's no point people lying on here trying to claim they are in the know about what is happening at LFC, it's not true, and I think all will be revealed in the next two weeks.

If any deal happens it is likely to need money pumped into the Dippers for years to come and lets not forget the Financial Fair Play rules will likely kick in before any proposed new stadium is up and running.

With that in mind the need to turn Liverpool around within the next 3 years is massive.

eljefecito1709 said:
The ITK's on here were adamant Torres and Gerrard would be leaving, they were certain at least one would. They were also claiming Torres had joined City, or Chelsea. None of this came through, both are staying. So, now the same ones are claiming no sale of Liverpool is possible at all either in the coming months? These 'ITK's' are a joke, anyone here claiming to have inside information on the financial situation at Liverpool ruins their credibility. Why make assumptions based on conjecture and try and pass them off as facts on a football forum?

All I will say is, there's no point people lying on here trying to claim they are in the know about what is happening at LFC, it's not true, and I think all will be revealed in the next two weeks.

Not sure what you are talking about. Don't think a single poster in this thread has claimed inside knowledge. Lots of well reasoned discussion based on understanding of this type of situation.

Suggest you pop back to RAWK for a little celebration that China is buying Liverpool. Maybe they will but I doubt it.

projectriver said:
eljefecito1709 said:

Not sure what you are talking about. Don't think a single poster in this thread has claimed inside knowledge. Lots of well reasoned discussion based on understanding of this type of situation.

Suggest you pop back to RAWK for a little celebration that China is buying Liverpool. Maybe they will but I doubt it.

I'm not a massive ****, I don't post on RAWK.

Some have posted up lots of false information, and one chap claimed he knew someone who was involved in the RBS loan. It's silly really, some on here don't even understand the debt is included in the sale price. How will it cost 1 billion to get Liverpool back on track?

£350m to buy the club, 200 million to build the new stadium, 50 million for transfers maybe. Our squad isn't bad, just needs a bit more depth, we had a bad season is all, came second the year before with near enough the same team.

£600 million is what I estimate, the club will be self-sufficient as well don't forget we're one of the richest clubs in the world for self-generated revenue, with a new stadium we'll be richer than Arsenal. Club can make very decent profits and provide plenty of exposure for potential owners. Be they Chinese, Kuwaiti, Scouse (Optimistic I know). People on here are hypocritical in saying who would want to buy Liverpool, 2 years ago, many would have said, Who wants to buy Man City? 10 years ago people would say who wants to buy Chelsea?

fbloke said:
If any deal happens it is likely to need money pumped into the Dippers for years to come and lets not forget the Financial Fair Play rules will likely kick in before any proposed new stadium is up and running.

With that in mind the need to turn Liverpool around within the next 3 years is massive.

doesn't really matter to them as they have a huge turnover plus with debts cleared and any infrastructure within the club not does not count towards the break even requirement.They can spend what they like on stadiums,facilities etc..

jake28 said:
fbloke said:

doesn't really matter to them as they have a huge turnover plus with debts cleared and any infrastructure within the club not does not count towards the break even requirement.They can spend what they like on stadiums,facilities etc..

Indeed they can spend all they like on stadia, infrastructure and academy etc but they need to get profits on the go ASAP.

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because they have a small stadium and of course thats why they desperately need to get a new one built.

No CL monies for perhaps 2 or 3 seasons as the new manager and squad develop would remove any element of profit they may have hoped for.

And of course let us not forget their need to improve and rejuvenate an ageing squad within a similar timeframe cannot be done on the cheap. And none of that investment can be be thought of as anything other than a negative in terms of the FFP rules.

eljefecito1709 said:

Bwhahahaha

fbloke said:
jake28 said:

Indeed they can spend all they like on stadia, infrastructure and academy etc but they need to get profits on the go ASAP.

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because they have a small stadium and of course thats why they desperately need to get a new one built.

No CL monies for perhaps 2 or 3 seasons as the new manager and squad develop would remove any element of profit they may have hoped for.

And of course let us not forget their need to improve and rejuvenate an ageing squad within a similar timeframe cannot be done on the cheap. And none of that investment can be be thought of as anything other than a negative in terms of the FFP rules.

This is absolute rubbish I suspect you've pulled out of your bum?

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because they have a small stadium

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because of the £350 million debt against the club by the holding company, which huge repayments are due each year until April 2010.

Once again, how have you come to this conclusion? We have much of the same squad that finished 2nd place with 86 points. A few key additions and we're back on track for the top 4 at least. We can beat Arsenal and Tottenham and Man Utd are on a decline.

Ageing squad? How do you figure, Skrtel and Agger are about 26, Insua is about 21, Johnson is 25, Reina 27, Torres 26, Lucas 22, Mascherano 26, N'Gog 21, Cole 28, plenty of young players like Pacheco, Ayala, Wilson, Shelvey and more just coming through and getting first team appearances. Squad won't need that much investment.

That is a poor mis-informed post that ignores facts again. 2-3 years outside of the top four? If we're taken over this calender year, I don't think so.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:55 am --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
eljefecito1709 said:

Bwhahahaha

The key words being 'I think'. Are you stupid? or blind? I didn't try and pass it off as fact, I clearly stated I think. Meaning that it is my opinion, not definitive fact.

eljefecito1709 said:
fbloke said:

This is absolute rubbish I suspect you've pulled out of your bum?

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because they have a small stadium

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because of the £350 million debt against the club by the holding company, which huge repayments are due each year until April 2010.

Once again, how have you come to this conclusion? We have much of the same squad that finished 2nd place with 86 points. A few key additions and we're back on track for the top 4 at least. We can beat Arsenal and Tottenham and Man Utd are on a decline.

Ageing squad? How do you figure, Skrtel and Agger are about 26, Insua is about 21, Johnson is 25, Reina 27, Torres 26, Lucas 22, Mascherano 26, N'Gog 21, Cole 28, plenty of young players like Pacheco, Ayala, Wilson, Shelvey and more just coming through and getting first team appearances. Squad won't need that much investment.

That is a poor mis-informed post that ignores facts again. 2-3 years outside of the top four? If we're taken over this calender year, I don't think so.

I think we will agree to disagree, ok?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.