Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

bluemonkey71 said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
I do not see the problem with saying that if Liverpool get taken over before the end of the window and spend a lot of money that they will jump ahead of us again, I think it's a perfectly reasonable comment and then I don't think we will get in the top 4, sorry if unless you say we'll be continually brilliant that it's negative, so be it, I do not believe we've strengthened enough this summer.

are you taking the piss?

1st game last season : Given, Richards, Toure, Dunne, Bridge, Wright-Phillips, Ireland, Barry, Robinho, Adebayor, Bellamy

At a guess this season: Given, Boateng, Kompany,Toure,Kolarov, Johnson, Yaya, Silva, Bellamy, Tevez, Adebayor

I agree with Damocles that we don't have a world class keeper, I don't think Toure and Kompany are good enough centre-halfs(seeing them all over the place many times last season), Bellamy isn't good enough, and I don't think we have enough attacking depth either, Santa Cruz for me is not a viable option with his injury prone ways, and I don't like Balotelli(if we get him). I'd also rather have Boateng at CB instead of RB so therefore have a top quality RB, the signings we've made are great but I was hoping for a bigger turnover of players because I really don't think some of the players we have are good enough as proved last season, sorry that's just my opinion.

Failsworth_Blue said:
TheLegendOfBerti said:
square 1 under Mancini, I don't think just fighting for 4th is good enough this season.

Fighting for 4th may well not be good enough but theres little chance of Liverpool spending big in this transfer window so nothing to get worried about as of yet. Who realistically would they go after if they got taken over now that would make us sit up and think that they mean business?

Wonder if we could talk them into buying Robinho as a signal of their intent? LOL<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am --<br /><br />
TheLegendOfBerti said:
I agree with Damocles that we don't have a world class keeper, I don't think Toure and Kompany are good enough centre-halfs(seeing them all over the place many times last season), Bellamy isn't good enough, and I don't think we have enough attacking depth either, Santa Cruz for me is not a viable option with his injury prone ways, and I don't like Balotelli(if we get him). I'd also rather have Boateng at CB instead of RB so therefore have a top quality RB, the signings we've made are great but I was hoping for a bigger turnover of players because I really don't think some of the players we have are good enough as proved last season, sorry that's just my opinion.

Just let me go and sit in a corner and slit my wrists...

Are you a fan or are you really Alan Hansen or Andy Grey?

Surely if it was a consortium from China then there's no way the self righteous 'Koppites' would stand for this. I mean after all, look at China's human rights record? Dr Franks pales into insignificance compared to the Chinese and we all know how self conscious and sensitive our scouse friends are don't we.

So on that evidence alone i can't see it happening. They have history and morals..............apparently!

Not to mention eating dogs as well.

I can't wait for whoever to buy Liverpool and see them spending like us. Let's see Big Nose, Green, Sky and the media as a whole condem them as well. As if!

johnwaynebobbet said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Fighting for 4th may well not be good enough but theres little chance of Liverpool spending big in this transfer window so nothing to get worried about as of yet. Who realistically would they go after if they got taken over now that would make us sit up and think that they mean business?

Wonder if we could talk them into buying Robinho as a signal of their intent? LOL

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:16 am --

TheLegendOfBerti said:

Just let me go and sit in a corner and slit my wrists...

Are you a fan or are you really Alan Hansen or Andy Grey?

Apologies for you not being able to accept a differing opinion to your own.

Human rights LOL

All a load of bollocks, there is no 'clean' money anywhere. Someone, somewhere, had to suffer for it.

Wonder if the dippers will be marching around anfield like this if they get taken over:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vA4T1wfJLE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vA4T1wfJLE</a>

Does the judges statement about open season on Hicks other assets have an effect in all this ? They just auctioned off the Texas Rangers on him for failing to make repayments. I mean it could work 2 ways, he could be looking for a quick sale (lower price) or could his creditors take his asset and sell it themselves ?

Judge Judy said:
Top creditors will only get about $75 million from the team. But the judge has said lenders, who are owed about $525 million after team owner Tom Hicks' financially strapped ownership group defaulted on loans, can go after Hicks' other companies.

I get the feeling it is like we when got taken over for the dippers.

Half decent manager who can do alright on a budget. Owners turn up with a shit load of cash. Manager can't meet the owners expectations.

I can see the future now, in two years red bin dippers thinking of topping them selfs after losing a few pre-season games!.... sounds familiar!

And I don't think we should be worrying about them going for 4th, we should be aiming for the top spot and nothing else. Anything apart from 1st means we are losers, I don't want to aim to lose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.