Dipper Takeover? [Merged]

eljefecito1709 said:
The ITK's on here were adamant Torres and Gerrard would be leaving, they were certain at least one would. They were also claiming Torres had joined City, or Chelsea. None of this came through, both are staying. So, now the same ones are claiming no sale of Liverpool is possible at all either in the coming months? These 'ITK's' are a joke, anyone here claiming to have inside information on the financial situation at Liverpool ruins their credibility. Why make assumptions based on conjecture and try and pass them off as facts on a football forum?

All I will say is, there's no point people lying on here trying to claim they are in the know about what is happening at LFC, it's not true, and I think all will be revealed in the next two weeks.

hi can i just say i knew torres was staying at liverpool and have been saying it for months :) . i dont believe any "ITKs" on here.

glen quagmire said:
shelovesyouyehyehyeh said:
I fully agree with this. Well said mate. Good luck to you.

No worries mate, i just says it as i see it! It also makes me sick when certain 'fans' start spouting about our financial situation, while poking fun at others. I can honestly say i love my club with an unhealthy passion, but won't start gloating yet, till we have a trophy in the bank to go with all that cash.

Thats a really nice thing to hear mate, im sure its only a minority anyway.
Nice one.

glen quagmire said:
No worries mate, i just says it as i see it! It also makes me sick when certain 'fans' start spouting about our financial situation, while poking fun at others. I can honestly say i love my club with an unhealthy passion, but won't start gloating yet, till we have a trophy in the bank to go with all that cash.

Thats a really nice thing to hear mate, im sure its only a minority anyway.
Nice one.

Although you will no doubt hear me complain about your potential wealth, be assured it is not hypocritical; I am probably best-known here for a late night rant about our own owners and for pissing on every Torres parade in town.

Good luck feller, whatever happens.

fbloke said:
If any deal happens it is likely to need money pumped into the Dippers for years to come and lets not forget the Financial Fair Play rules will likely kick in before any proposed new stadium is up and running.

With that in mind the need to turn Liverpool around within the next 3 years is massive.

the same thing applies to us too , once they are in CL again it will sort out for them.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:20 am --

fbloke said:
jake28 said:
doesn't really matter to them as they have a huge turnover plus with debts cleared and any infrastructure within the club not does not count towards the break even requirement.They can spend what they like on stadiums,facilities etc..

Indeed they can spend all they like on stadia, infrastructure and academy etc but they need to get profits on the go ASAP.

Liverpool currently run on a deficit because they have a small stadium and of course thats why they desperately need to get a new one built.

No CL monies for perhaps 2 or 3 seasons as the new manager and squad develop would remove any element of profit they may have hoped for.

And of course let us not forget their need to improve and rejuvenate an ageing squad within a similar timeframe cannot be done on the cheap. And none of that investment can be be thought of as anything other than a negative in terms of the FFP rules.

similar for us after all the huge investment we have made in the squad , these guys at the helm of the wealthiest funds surely know how to run business and with ambani jumping in the fray too , i see a takeover imminent with their squad being strengthened.They are one of the most popular clubs around the world and their merchandising sales will again be bolstered .Top 4 flight gets a new meaning now .This PL season will be the most exciting ever , no doubt.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:29 am --<br /><br />
fbloke said:
It gets better.

Apparently one of the biggest and most cash rich SWFs in the world is selling exactly the right number of shares to finance the Liverpool debt buy-out. The big question is why would they have to do that?

The Chinese government fund represented by Kenny Huang has spent the past fortnight raising precisely the amount of cash required to finance a bid for Liverpool. Sources have confirmed to Digger that the China Investment Corporation, the sovereign wealth fund to the world's most populous nation, is the organisation being fronted by Huang, who yesterday admitted interest in bidding for Liverpool.

In a series of trades since 19 July, CIC has sold $558m of shares in Morgan Stanley, equating to £351.4m. That sum is equivalent to Liverpool's debt to the nearest decimal place, and is exactly the number insiders say has been quoted to interested parties as the sale price.

China Daily, the English-language arm of the Chinese state media, reported yesterday: "China Investment Corp, the Chinese sovereign wealth fund that bought a 9.9% stake in Morgan Stanley in 2007, sold $90.5m of shares in the investment bank on 30 July, bringing the total amount divested in the last two weeks to about $558m."

Although sovereign wealth funds have enormous values of assets under management, cash is generally tied up in equity and bond markets. This requires liquidation by share sales before major new investments can be made. It is therefore hugely significant that the £351.4m number is also equivalent to Liverpool's debt, suggesting that CIC is shifting its assets ahead of an offer for the five-times European Cup winners.

It also indicates that despite the ambitions of the Anfield club's chairman, Martin Broughton, to generate a return for Tom Hicks and George Gillett, China is refusing to reward them for their three-and-a half-year ownership of the club. The Americans' capacity to dictate terms is further reduced by the fact that there are few other credible bidders preparing to compete with Huang and CIC.

Even those involved in the sale process have dismissed the announcement yesterday from Yahya Kirdi, the former Syrian footballer with business links in Canada, of his intention to compete with Huang for Liverpool. Kirdi has previously talked of his interest but is said not to have meaningfully pursued it, but his interest could raise the price that current owners are looking for. The Rhone Group has also re-emerged as a possible interested party. But although it is regarded as being financially capable of mounting a bid, the private equity firm has come to the table before, having looked at a minority-stake investment in March. But it did not go through with the deal.

Huang confirmed for the first time yesterday he had contacted Liverpool's brokers in the sale – who together are Broughton and Barclays's investment-banking division, Barcap – to "register interest". He did state he "has made no formal bid", however CIC's cash-raising exercise demonstrates it is in a position to make an approach at any time.

In that event the red half of Merseyside might be concerned about the impact of direct investment from the Chinese government in their club. But in anticipation of negative reaction to its world-wide investment activities, CIC's website states: "CIC strives to contribute to the prosperity and development of local economies.

It adds: "CIC usually does not seek an active role in the companies in which it invests nor attempts to influence those companies' operations. CIC seeks long-term, stable, sustainable, and risk-adjusted return."

Although the message of prudence, at a time when CIC's dumping of £531.4m of Morgan Stanley shares has conspicuously not generated any money for transfer activity, might dishearten fans, it should not be interpreted as a lack of team investment. CIC would be purchasing a debt-free club and would be capable of taking out smaller, more affordable loans to finance team strengthening this summer.

And after the years of chaos associated with the unsustainable debt run up under Hicks and Gillett, that would no doubt be a welcome relief to Liverpool fans, as will the fact CIC is happy with Roy Hodgson being the manager.

-- Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 am --

This is because mate CIC has hugely invested in diversified sectors , probably around 50 huge companies , they will be just liquidfying their shares from that assets or companies which will not give faster benefits compared investing in LFC .They know that and will be just using their business acumen because they know LFC is a huge brand in asia and they will make it even more bigger.Simples.

would really put pressure on us once they are taken over and putinvestment in their squad , we are back to suare field for fourth now.

I can not help but feel that with all the anti-Chinese feeling throughout the world, ie Tibet, Taiwan and the appaling acts against human rights. Liverpool may be stirring a hornets nest by considering this particular bidder. They will become a focal point for every campaigner and that is something football doesn't need. Hopefully one of the other six bidders has enough backing to make a viable option.
This is not an anti-Liverpool rant (they represent footballs glory days, jumpers for goal posts and all that.) It is just a feeling that it might not best in their or footballs intrests in the long run. H&G out, but at what price?

bluemonkey71 said:
@shelovesyou

Mansours family allegedly £560 billion.
Abu dhabi wealth fund $627 billion

Doesn't mean you'll get a huge pot although you say in one sentence you wouldn't mind it and in the next you would. For all the talk going in the scousers would rip their hands off. Tell me I'm wrong.

Again why the need to point out your owners wealth ?
Not once have I said I want loads of cash for players, not once will you find me saying that because I simply dont want that. What I do want and many others want is success, naturally but not at the price you guys are paying for it, I genuinely wish you and your team well mate, but you have to realize you are subject to accusations of trying to buy instant success.

Some LFC fans will want all the wealth and the potential of success it may or may not bring, but the match goers, the local fans who live and die by the club just want dignity back in the club. Its been missing for far too long now.

Try reading your post first

Tomorrow the Times is running with who are Huangs backers , they are CIC , access to assets of £332 Billion.

I hope we dont go mental and stupid in the market if he does get his backers in.
We dont deserve a buyer anymore than anyone else but for too long now this club has been run by self centered idiots and the people of Anfield and Walton Breck deserve better.

You quoted 332 billion. My point was don't expect 11 Messi's on the pitch. It won't happen.

Success comes at a price. Noithing is free.
All this "we deserve it, the best fans in the world" crap on the radio drives me insane. Noone has the divine right to have everything, scousers included.

"Buying instant success" - so what. You might have noticed we haven't won anything for a while and not competed in the league or transfer market while other clubs have. Maybe we should roll over and play dead while other teams add trophies to their cabinets?

We were very lucky when Mansour rolled up and you might be aswell.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
we'll be back to square 1 if they get taken over imo.

633774963280280015-Overreaction.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.