direct cup and you get first chance of tickets !!!

blue1969 said:
I really dont understand the arguments. Every ST holder had the option to join the cup scheme. If you didnt join I presume you werent intending to go. I knew I would be going to every game as I always do so I joined. Now it has bitten lots of people on the arse and are now winging.
All people that have 'jumped the queue' have to be ST holders anyway, and most will be hardcore supporters anyway.
It saved me a couple of days, but if you feel that you are more deserving to have my ticket please PM me and I will gladly let you have it.

The only justifiable reason I've seen posted so far, is the fact a johnny come lately could have bought a season ticket this season, joined the cup scheme and be at front of the queue to get a Wembley ticket. I'm not too bothered, but i can see reason why its pissed others off.

People on the direct scheme are already rewarded with bonus loyalty points, and that's where it should end. Don't agree with the group scheme or the kids scheme either, it should just go down to loyalty points and nothing else.

moomba said:
People on the direct scheme are already rewarded with bonus loyalty points, and that's where it should end. Don't agree with the group scheme or the kids scheme either, it should just go down to loyalty points and nothing else.

not strictly true, take the kiev game for instance, 22.50 each on the cup scheme, our household as 2 on the scheme, yet the club were offering family tickets for 45 quid, 2 adults and 2 kids, so to be on the scheme was more expensive.

also the small amount of loyalty points offered were blown off the radar with the 50 points doubled initiative.

and then you have the 5 pound offer for salzburg.

for those who invested in the cups have got their reward.

People on the cup scheme get rewarded with the extra points as well.

With the 50 points given for some matches, and doubling up, membership of the direct scheme this season has been worth (at a guess) a couple of seasons worth of travelling to aways.

Goater666 said:
blue1969 said:
I really dont understand the arguments. Every ST holder had the option to join the cup scheme. If you didnt join I presume you werent intending to go. I knew I would be going to every game as I always do so I joined. Now it has bitten lots of people on the arse and are now winging.
All people that have 'jumped the queue' have to be ST holders anyway, and most will be hardcore supporters anyway.
It saved me a couple of days, but if you feel that you are more deserving to have my ticket please PM me and I will gladly let you have it.

The only justifiable reason I've seen posted so far, is the fact a johnny come lately could have bought a season ticket this season, joined the cup scheme and be at front of the queue to get a Wembley ticket. I'm not too bothered, but i can see reason why its pissed others off.

You'd have to be some pretty good dam phsycic to know, city at the start of the season were going to get to the semi final of the cup, and that the cup scheme would enable you a ticket.

Great idea hope they keep it,should guarentee 35000 plus crowds at cup ties in the future.

moomba said:
People on the cup scheme get rewarded with the extra points as well.

With the 50 points given for some matches, and doubling up, membership of the direct scheme this season has been worth (at a guess) a couple of seasons worth of travelling to aways.

Everyone who went to the cup ties got the same amount of points. There has to be some incentives to rid certain SC holders of their apathetic approach to cup ties, 12000 didn't buy a ticket for the quarters. Why shouldn't those who went to the cup ties get in ahead of them

moomba said:

So in effect your saying scrap the cup scheme all together! Just have loyalty points. What about the seasoncard holder (me) who still has a good balance of loyalty points, and made up part of the low turn outs in this seasons cup run ? Is it fair that someone with the same number of points than me who has'nt been to a cup game this year still gets the same priority as i do ? Also you could have someone who gathered loyaly points in previous seasons and maybe has'nt been to a single game in any of this seasons cup competitions going ahead of someone who has been to them all. Some of the loyalty has to be measured against the here and now, not just against points gathered in previous campaigns surely. I am heading towards 4000 points so i'm not just being selfish here. It all needs re balancing and thats what they are trying to do. As it happens i think everyone who wants a ticket for the semi will almost certainly get one. The real problems start if/when we get passed united. I hope everyone, at least in this semi gets what they want if possible.

I'm still yet to hear a valid comeback to those SC holders not on the scheme but have still been to every facup/carling cup/Europa homes and even some of the aways

Why have I been punished?

moomba said:

Its not so much a reward as its as much a chance, take for example the season before last, when we got knocked out against forest, and brighton only had too pay for one match, yet had a large chunk of points for that game.

It'd be interesting to see, but im guessing no more than 600-700 would be on a first year season card and in the cup scheme getting a ticket before you.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:10 am --<br /><br />
foley87 said:
I'm still yet to hear a valid comeback to those SC holders not on the scheme but have still been to every facup/carling cup/Europa homes and even some of the aways

Why have I been punished?

You havent been punished, you had the option at the start of the year, its not the clubs fault you didnt take it up, why do people on here think we should be rewarded for watching a club we supposedly love?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.