direct cup and you get first chance of tickets !!!

Scooby Blue said:
foley87 said:
I'm still yet to hear a valid comeback to those SC holders not on the scheme but have still been to every facup/carling cup/Europa homes and even some of the aways

Why have I been punished?

1) You have NOT been punished - others have been REWARDED.
2) Those signing up to Cup Direct Scheme have SAVED the club money in terms of reducing the marketing / admin effort needed to shift tickets for the various cup games.
3) A financial outlay game by game can not be compared to a firm up-front commitment to pay for all games (when you don't know how many games that will be).
4) Rewards for people who sign up to DD type schemes / yearly contracts vs pay-as-you-go are common throughout business...so why should football be any different?
5) If the club wishes to use a high profile game to ADVERTISE the potential benefits of the CDS ...it is good common sense marketing.
6) get a life and stop moaning.
good post

Scooby Blue said:
foley87 said:
I'm still yet to hear a valid comeback to those SC holders not on the scheme but have still been to every facup/carling cup/Europa homes and even some of the aways

Why have I been punished?

2) Those signing up to Cup Direct Scheme have SAVED the club money in terms of reducing the marketing / admin effort needed to shift tickets for the various cup games.
3) A financial outlay game by game can not be compared to a firm up-front commitment to pay for all games (when you don't know how many games that will be).4) Rewards for people who sign up to DD type schemes / yearly contracts vs pay-as-you-go are common throughout business...so why should football be any different?
5) If the club wishes to use a high profile game to ADVERTISE the potential benefits of the CDS ...it is good common sense marketing.

Spot on. The club are rewarding COMMITMENT - not hard to understand.

Those not on the cup scheme had the choice to attend or not. Cup scheme members had no choice & signed up without knowing the amount of games involved or what the price would be. Any reward is fully deserved imo.

Just missed a whole load of games whilst in India watching the World Cup. Paid for ALL the cup games whilst I was away, (only got to see the Kiev game on my way home) but can't agree with this decision.
Points system was introduced to reflect loyalty and the Cup Scheme is rewarded with additional points, thats enough. Should I get a ticket it MUST be because my 4500 points and 41 years is sufficient, not cos I can afford to buy tickets I did'nt subsequently use.

Not one for criticising ticket offices, but this is a cynical move for obvious reasons (to get people to sign up in future).

Should have been advertised as a potential 'reward' at the start of the season IMO. I thought those on the Cup Schemes had already been 'rewarded' with loyalty points (which were then to be used to decide allocations of tickets)?

Have to say it's typical City - manage to put a downer on what should have been a wholly positive occasion. You also have to say though, it's 'progress' of a fashion. True typical City would have cocked it up, new typical City makes arguably a sound business decision, but a poor football club decision. Maybe that's the way it's going to go now? Not sure how long I will remain committed on those terms to be honest... I could forgive the cockups...

And I'm not arguing from a personal point of view, as infuriatingly I have been to every FA Cup and Europa League game, am not in the Cup Scheme but can't actually fucking go to the game on the Saturday as I have to work!

Funny to see how people's personal circumstance affects their opinion though lol - those on the cup scheme think it's great, those not on it think it's bullshit... Selfish, us? ;-)

moomba said:
Ticket For Schalke said:
Its not so much a reward as its as much a chance, take for example the season before last, when we got knocked out against forest, and brighton only had too pay for one match, yet had a large chunk of points for that game.

It'd be interesting to see, but im guessing no more than 600-700 would be on a first year season card and in the cup scheme getting a ticket before you.

I'm in the direct scheme myself. I actually benefit from the policy, although I would have got a ticket anyway.

And the reason I joined the scheme despite knowing I would miss some games was the 125-150 (can't remember) bonus points on offer.

That was exactly my reasoning for doing it, only went a handful of the games, gave my ticket up in the pub by me, see it go to good use, and thats what i'll do next season too.

-- Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 pm --

dw7 said:
What will happen if 25000 sign up next year how will tickets be given out then ?

Well it will be back to loyalty points i guess, either that or who ever thought of doing this for the semi final will get a nice brucie in his pay packet.

but lets not kid ourselves, we didnt get past 30,000 at maine rd for our game against the dippers in what was the last fa cup game, so i dont think we will be seeing sell out cup games for a while yet.

blueandy1mac said:
Just missed a whole load of games whilst in India watching the World Cup. Paid for ALL the cup games whilst I was away, (only got to see the Kiev game on my way home) but can't agree with this decision.
Points system was introduced to reflect loyalty and the Cup Scheme is rewarded with additional points, thats enough. Should I get a ticket it MUST be because my 4500 points and 41 years is sufficient, not cos I can afford to buy tickets I did'nt subsequently use.

You have to be an 'active' member according to the blurb so I am not sure you would qualify if you did not see the games. Depends what they mean by active.

Blue Tooth said:
blueandy1mac said:

You have to be an 'active' member according to the blurb so I am not sure you would qualify if you did not see the games. Depends what they mean by active.
Once you've paid your an active member

dw7 said:
Blue Tooth said:
Once you've paid your an active member

Fair do's...does that mean in theory and active member can pay for the games and NOT actually go to any of them?

squirtyflower said:
Scooby Blue said:
3) A financial outlay game by game can not be compared to a firm up-front commitment to pay for all games (when you don't know how many games that will be).
4) Rewards for people who sign up to DD type schemes / yearly contracts vs pay-as-you-go are common throughout business...so why should football be any different?
good post

How in Gods name does it reduce marketing costs, these games were all still advertised on radio and in the programme...
Also as a citycard holder with 2200 loyalty points I doubt I will get a ticket instead it will go to someone who got a seasoncard this year...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.