"Disappointing" attendances

Pep is idiotic reply mode to a reporter who gets in free, not the first time he's had a pop at us.

No sure what Pep is expecting from us, money is an issue for some of us, similar to the renewal thread it's quite obvious nobody has our back.

I think we had the second or third best attendance out of the 16 games could be worse, cough Burnley.

Matches are not cheap to attend, early kick offs , shit weather, live tv coverage , low numbers of travelling fans and a predictable result? Not hard to understand eh? Throw in the post Christmas debt for most families and you have a lower turn out. Newcastle with the kid for a quid scheme, marketed their game better I'm afraid. The game itself was killed off with the sending off and at 2-0 even the BBC commentators were hoping to see an avalanche of goals. Unfortunately the crowd or viewers at home didn't get that, they got a yawn fest of s keep possession training work out. Add in the late couple of goals and that would have had me leaving early as well. As a contest it was all over. I wanted to see a complete tonking of Fulham but didn't get it from the side yesterday. Pep should perhaps think about that rather than comment about the fans. In this respect he has a lot to learn from Klopp. He wants the best team, the best football and the best fans. At times he needs to put a bit more effort into getting the fan bit right

If you went to see a show or a movie and it essentially ended as a spectacle after 10 minutes you'd struggle to get the audience not to slope off before the end, especially when the traffic and public transport is shit.

Only the same ones do it regardless of the match and what the score is. It’s a habit for them now. The one that leaves on 75, the one that leaves at 85, the one when the board goes up. The one who sits behind me loudly planning his exit from the first minute. Like clockwork. I’m not sure if the transport issue was sorted they would stay any longer.

Only the same ones do it regardless of the match and what the score is. It’s a habit for them now. The one that leaves on 75, the one that leaves at 85, the one when the board goes up. The one who sits behind me loudly planning his exit from the first minute. Like clockwork. I’m not sure if the transport issue was sorted they would stay any longer.
Me and the lad left KFC Uerdingen v Bayern Munich 2 with 15 minutes to go. Bayern’s reserves were 3-0 up and KFC we’re down to 10 men. I feel ashamed of myself.

I think Pep should think before he opens his mouth on national TV . There are now fans from other clubs taking the piss and these clubs dream of getting 40,000 fans . Don't give the media ammunition Pep . Does he realize we were dead and buried for twenty years and during that time 1st the scousers won everything in sight then the rags done the same .During those periods both their fan bases rocketed . The scousers getting the added world fame of The Beetles and funding from Littlewoods pools , the rags getting the fame of world pity with the air disaster , that alone took thousands of City fans away to the swamp . The London big clubs get a good turnover of tourists at their grounds as do the rags and scousers . It'll take more than a decade for City to overcome other clubs triumphs and build a bigger fan base . Its amazing that we have the large fan base we have considering the shit that's been thrown at us by the bitter biased media in this country . The football governing bodies trying their best to stop our rise . So Pep please be careful what you say about the only true Mancunian football clubs supporters

Even though that vast majority of City fans love Pep, and we chant his name at almost every match, Klopp seems to have bonded with Liverpool fans better, even though they don’t have a chant for him. Stand corrected on that chant point.

It must irk Pep, maybe not, to see Klopp, his closest managerial rival, walking on to the pitch at Anfield after the full-time whistle goes and seeng all 4 stands full of Liverpool fans staying and supporting the team to the end of the match. That’s highlighted on CL nights,

Unfortunately Pep wasn’t here when Roy Hodgson was Liverpool’s Manager and there were empty seats everywhere, people were leaving early, and you could hear a pin drop at every Liverpool home game.

PS.

1 thing is for sure. This thread will be compulsive reading at the Etihad this Morning and throughout the Week as we get closer to the derby.

Last edited:
The BBC are doing a good job of turning City fans against the best manager we have ever had and the best manager in the world. The agenda is just incredibly transparent when you look at the reporting on this. I can't believe fans would give a shit about the media obsession over attendances one way or the other. The media can't attack the team when they've won 7 trophies out of 8, they can't attack the manager any more because they have tried and failed, they can't attack the club as we are making money hand over fist now, so all that is left is the fans.

I am disappointed in some of you for falling for it.

That said, Pep really does need to start understanding us a bit more than he does now. And he really needs a stock answer to questions about fans. Something like: our fans a great and we appreciate them. We know it's expensive and many of them have money trouble as it is. We are grateful for them spending what little spare cash they have on us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.