"Disappointing" attendances

Yeah I don't know why people have been getting upset with journalists, in the BBC5 interview after the game I heard he brought it up himself out of the blue and he's mentioned it in his press conference as well so he brought it up multiple times.

He is clearly unhappy with it. I think today the clear out after 80 minutes was particularly visible and maybe that's what's pissed him off but at the same time he should perhaps ask Soriano why the stadium isn't full as it's his lot that set the prices.
yes i think soriano is the place to start but i dont think he cares about the match goers,his remit is to make money isn't it?

I think peps concerns are in the order of
pep
txiki and soriano,friends and club
players
fans

to throw his fans under the bus tonite was his worst yet,no need,fans will always show up to a home derby,after 4 yrs he should know all about the fans he could have said i hope more fans are here on wed although i appreciate it 's not easy with costs and travel after a busy period

Or better sttill,say nothing

Now the media will be full of his comments and not the dipper game and. klopp throwing the second replay

Hello folks. I'm recently back to this forum after many years away and after somebody has taken my original username! I'm now retired and have some time to post when previously work and family commitments took priority. Anyway, I was angry (alcohol induced tbf) about Pep's apparent lack of empathy yesterday with the plight of our fans who love the club but have to prioritise matches post-Christmas when money is tight. So, I went onto the official club website and let rip (via the "contact us" window) about the club's and the management's lack of empathy about the fans' predicament and cited our 35 years of loyalty between the 1976 League Cup Final and the 2011 FA Cup win. I praised the current ownership and the beauty and success of our football in recent years particularly during Pep's tenure. I also contrasted our position with that of Barcelona with it's wonderful Catalan climate, heritage of success, and significant tourist support - citing the fact that they frequently have attendances which are tens of thousands below capacity despite that tourist support. I feel better for it but have no idea whether the club will respond. Has anyone got any experience of doing this? I've never done anything like it before but am inclined to think that as well as sharing our concerns on forums like this, what we really need to do is share them with the club. So, any stories to tell? Has anyone had a meaningful response to concerns shared with the club?

Not sure what to make of it.

I think outside of our regular fan base, there doesn’t seem to be enough to pick up the slack in periods like this one where it’s right after Christmas, a long pay month and quite a few home games. This being on free to air tv, it was always going to be the one that got the bullet. The tickets were on open sale and fairly priced, my argument or certainly something I would look to address if I was within the club, is how to fill that extra bit when our core match going fan, quite simply, can’t afford to attend.

You’d think those who wants tickets for prem games but struggle, would be all over this type of fixture and that for me is where the work is. Growing the core base of match going fans even further. That’s on the club that. It’s down to them.

Pep calling out those who have given exemplary attendance this season, and it’s been very good, is out of order. It’s not the first time.

I think he wants the core support to grow, he’s just not getting that message across clearly and actually what happens is he attacks the current match going fan.

yes i think soriano is the place to start but i dont think he cares about the match goers,his remit is to make money isn't it?

I think peps concerns are in the order of
pep
txiki and soriano,friends and club
players
fans

to throw his fans under the bus tonite was his worst yet,no need,fans will always show up to a home derby,after 4 yrs he should know all about the fans he could have said i hope more fans are here on wed although i appreciate it 's not easy with costs and travel after a busy period

Or better sttill,say nothing

Now the media will be full of his comments and not the dipper game and. klopp throwing the second replay
It happens too often. It's not an attempt to gee up support, it's just a needless dig - like you say why not just keep quiet. It doesn't endear him to us and nor does him occasionally chiming in with comments about Utd and Lpool's more successful history.

If your girlfriend's carrying a few pounds then maybe once it's ok to gently let her know in the hope that she moderates her eating habits. If you say it time after time you're just fat shaming her.

It happens too often. It's not an attempt to gee up support, it's just a needless dig - like you say why not just keep quiet. It doesn't endear him to us and nor does him occasionally chiming in with comments about Utd and Lpool's more successful history.

If your girlfriend's carrying a few pounds then maybe once it's ok to gently let her know in the hope that she moderates her eating habits. If you say it time after time you're just fat shaming her.
I’m constantly being fat shamed, and I can tell you that it isn’t very nIce.

Really knocks my self-confidence.

Barcelona are averaging 76,000 this season.

I think Pep doesn’t understand why we have so many empty seats for certain games, why the fans leave early, and why we don’t support the team. It’s often said that England has the best supporters. The best atmospheric stadiums etc. I have long since disagreed because I have experienced different leagues over decent periods of time.

It was and probably still is a shock to his system after coming from Bayern, where they get 75,000 every home match, the stadium stays full until the final whistle, and their fans sing and support the teams constantly for 90 minutes.

I think the last derby at home was a prime example of what has happened to our support, and what probably annoys Pep on the QT. 1-2 down with over 10 minutes to go, City fans start heading for the exits, and the stadium was silent.

Different cultures and having spent time in both Germany and Spain I can understand why Pep would get pissed off. It’s not in his DNA and he isn’t used to it.

I agree that if we are in the stadium anyway, stay till the fucking end and support your team. I totally and completely get that.

The issue is we don’t have a big enough core support. At the end of the day, that’s down to the club to fix. Pep popping off at the match going fan is never going to end well. Sometimes circumstances get in the way and today was case in point. The work is around it to grow the bottom line so that on days like today we have another 20k people wanting to get a ticket, because they can’t on other match days.

We don’t have the plastic glory hunting fan base others have, it was expensive when I left in 2006 depending on how fixtures fell and the ‘very’ early rounds of the cups you could have to buy three tickets in a week.
Early leavers are more of a pain

The history stuff about the scum and the scouse really boils my piss.

I love Pep. He comes across as a top manager and a top man 9 times from 10. The attendance stuff though, and the bit above, it’s grates me.

Maybe it’s just his personality and constantly seeking improvement that drives him, I don’t know.

What I do know is it’s pissing off a lot of genuine match going blues and he needs to knock it on the head and start understanding the reasons why and work with the club to fix it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.