"Disappointing" attendances

Then i'm sorry too say but you back up my original post. You and others seem to have half a story and run with it to slag off the manager (not sure you have but plenty are).

I've criticised him rather than slagged him. Either way, it's not the first time he's mentioned it and even allowing for the media setting him up, you'd have thought he would be aware of the slating the club gets in the press for a whole manner of things. That said, maybe people within the club should be briefing him and telling the media stop asking loaded questions, otherwise they'll be doing a Baconface

Pep Guardiola said he had no intention to criticise Manchester City fans when he expressed his disappointment about the crowd at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

The manager said: "Motivation was right and hopefully in the next game against United, our fans can come and make the stadium full.

When pressed on it, he said: "It was not full. I don't know why. (Wednesday) gives a chance to go back to Wembley. Hopefully they will support us more."

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-news/guardiola-man-city-etihad-news-17644208

The question was asked by sporf
They're owned by a marketing agency who promise to make any product viral

Guess what, looks like someone bought them to do just that about City's attendance

It has hit a nerve due to constant jibes about the emptihad from others outside of the club

For our manager to, as you point out simply agree it was not full is not too bad but I would prefer if he had said something better.

Perhaps ask the reporter what she had paid to get in the ground. Turn it around.
He wasn't asked about the crowd,he was asked about the squad but answered about the crowd

Just a little aside:
Am I the only fan who still gets excited when going to the match? The minute I put on my 'going to the match lucky kit' until I get home again I enjoy the whole experience. I miss being able to attend the away matches and (sad person admission here) wear my 'going to the match lucky kit' as I potter around doing the housework (as if) watching TV but rarely the match as I don't/won't have Sky or reading a good book. If anyone ever knocks on my front door on an away match day they must get a shock when I open the door with City kit and scarf resplendent!!

I LOVE FOOTBALL, I LOVE MANCHESTER CITY...... (sorry for shouting) and can not understand the people saying it is boring etc. I admire the skill and am in awe of the stamina of our superb team. The only down for me? I miss Dunnie Monster, Zabman and Vinnie!!!

Come on folks, this is wonderful, stupendous football let's enjoy it while we can. :-) :-) Just my humble opinion.
By the end of this season i'll have done 4 games since last may,i'm like a kid at dec 25th,i hate reading that people are bored and aren't going

He wasn't asked about the crowd,he was asked about the squad but answered about the crowd
The journalist did reference the stadium not being full, playing against 10 men and asked how that would affect the team's motivation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.