Discuss Pellegrini...(cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
BringBackSwales said:
His a fucking nice genuine bloke, in a game where most managers are horrible cunts

Have City ever truly been managed by a ****? I'm thinking Alan Pardew level.
Some might say you don't have to go too far back to answer that question! ;-)

KennethWilliams.jpg

Prestwich_Blue said:
peoffrey said:
BringBackSwales said:
His a fucking nice genuine bloke, in a game where most managers are horrible cunts

Have City ever truly been managed by a ****? I'm thinking Alan Pardew level.
Some might say you don't have to go too far back to answer that question! ;-)

Oooohhhh PB,you took the bait.

lasereyes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
bluemc1 said:
its funny that if Liverpool beat Chelsea and win the league MP fucked up this season to much and cost us the title, but Gerrard slips Chelsea beat Liverpool and we go on to win it and MP is great and won us the title,

Only in the minds of fans, though. That's the irony of people coming up with 'oh, I was wrong' because we've gained a few points on Liverpool. Hate to say it, but the powers will always judge a manager 'holistically'.

Joe hart slips, catches an ankle and we are 1-0 down and down to ten men in the first 15 minutes against west ham, and Liverpool snatch it. And that doesn't make pellegrini's first season a failure. Whether we win the league or blow it, it's been a very good first season. Whilst trophies are of course the aim, and boy is this a big one to win for the whole clubs momentum, holistically(I'm happy to use it again) it's been excellent :

No negative dressing room stories
On field unity
Spirit in diversity
Fringe players feeling included
No press ridicule.

Now when you throw that on top of the sublime football and the silverware, along with the huge improvement in Europe , by any barometer it's been a brilliant first season for the manager, whatever happened to Gerrard, kompany or joe hart on the last day.

I defy anyone to say that this club is not in the best shape it has ever been in. Khaldoon, soriano, txiki and pellegrini. Bright, fiercely intelligent , sensitive leaders. I wouldn't swap a single one of them for anyone.

Add to that the way that so many players have improved ... Nasri, Dzeko, MDM (over course of the season), Garcia (still not my favourite, but a serviceable backup now), Hart (brilliantly man-managed). This can't be coincidence. Under Mancini, if you got on his wrong side, it was goodbye forever.

The Hart situation was brilliantly managed. Good point. A good indicator of the new culture at city. And you could even throw in Pantillimon as well. He wanted out in the summer and ended up playing a significant part in the season. Organising your formation and tactics is only a part of management. Getting the best from players is what makes managers great. And if you have that skill, and top quality players, then you will win trophies.

Many more to come for this team and manager. I'm totally convinced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.