Discuss Pellegrini...(cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dribble said:
karen7 said:
I sense an evening of bans on here coming up lol
Right I'm getting my tin hat on............. Don't want to be an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire.... Lol :-)

-- Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:05 pm --

johnson28392 said:
Dribble said:
Yes I agree that could work. I'm not adverse to having two strikers, it's losing control of the midfield I don't like so for me I'd happily sacrifice one out and out striker for a No 10 deep lying striker/attacking midfielder. My main worry would be out wide, your diagram looks like a closed motorway lane and if I was the opposition that would look like the route of least resistance to me and would put serious pressure on Kolorov and Zabaleta to stay put and defend in case they are doubled up on.

I suppose our formation issues would be settled overnight if we had Bale and Ronaldo on the either side of Aguero as that front 3 as that would frighten any team to death, but I reckon a front three of Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic wouldn't allow any opponent to sleep much easier anyway. :-)

The fullbacks have the freedom to attack. They provide the width. When you lose the ball you first try to win the ball high up the pitch, if you can't , the formation collapses into a 4-1-4-1, if the wide forwards can't defend you could be in trouble.

Going forward, the football is very fluid , it's easy to keep the ball and circulate it ..it's almost impossible to lose possession. If you're a midfielder, there's always options, there's always someone you could pass it to..and upfront you got your agile and technical strikers that can combine to create goals.

As for Bale and Ronaldo, none of these two are technical enough to play centrally.
Sorry I have to disagree there. Ok they're not intricate dribblers like Messi etc and are more high speed twist and turn merchants, but come on surely you wouldn't say no to any of them? :-)

I would because they are very limited in their abilities. If you deny space to them, they can't hurt you.

I like the hybrid players that can do a bit of everything.

What is Harry redknapp doing these days,I think he would be a great city manager.
oh yes!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
adrianr said:
I dont think it's unfair to suggest however that with the investment we're not as far along as Khaldoon and Mansour envisioned in 2008.
Possibly so, but that was before FFP reared its head and in any event I don't imagine we're far off their expectations.
I agree, domestic champs, CL contenders, trophies won and worldwide recognition all under the new constraints of FFP not bad in under 6 years really from where we came from.

mancity1 said:
Chippy_boy said:
mancity1 said:
I don't think Chelsea will necessarily run away with Chippy

I am not expecting them to run away with me ;-)

, even by your own thought process you think we will or at least expect us to be much " better" next year in which case you think we are decent bet to win the title next year.

its a bit foolhardy to think any side will run away with a title in any given year before the year has even started.

And to be honest I didn't say they would run away with It, either. I said unless we get our shit together, they could.

That little word " it " is often left alone Chippy (LOL) my apologies.

You actually state unless we are much better next season Chelsea WILL run away with it Chippy.

Which part of WILL run away with it am I misreading ?

The UNLESS part.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.english4dummies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.english4dummies.com</a>

de niro said:
lol at this thread. we are MILES away from where we should be. we've had money long enough now to be much further up the football ladder than we are. I'd even say we are going backwards. the sad thing is its there for the taking, it was from the moment we won the league. We've managed to tread water since. evidence of this was scrimping over a few quid and so missing our targets in January.

cue the deluded.
I'm not deluded, and I think we should have won it this year, and last, but the more I read your posts mate, the more it sounds like you're just not enjoying it, being challengers for everything takes its toll if you let it. I never thought I'd ever see us win anything again, but we've done all 3 domestic trophies in the last 4 years, what's not to like ? Some of the football this season is the best I've ever watched, and mixed in there's been the odd game where we've been utter tripe, but its not many, not more than the odd one, though they have probably cost us the title.

Ultimately I'm relaxed about everything, if we don't win the title this year, I know we will soon enough, because our owner is looking long term, if its good enough for him, its good enough for me.

I do have a number of dislikes though, I don't like the cost for ordinary fans (match tickets, merchandise, and food/drink), because its small change to the club overall when compared to other revenue the club gets, FFPR is a licence to take the piss, and I really don't like us taking the piss out of away fans, there is just no need for that. I'd love City to be different to clubs like Arsenal and sell all our away tickets at £25, because I'd actually like the away end full every week. I also don't much like the way our own "crowd" demographic is changing, and changing the atmosphere, and further more, in europe its worse still, as we seem to sell to tourists over our own fans, but this maybe down to the cost. Finally I don't like the stewarding that's going on, its excessive, and there is no need.

johnson28392 said:
Dribble said:
karen7 said:
I sense an evening of bans on here coming up lol
Right I'm getting my tin hat on............. Don't want to be an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire.... Lol :-)

-- Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:05 pm --

johnson28392 said:
The fullbacks have the freedom to attack. They provide the width. When you lose the ball you first try to win the ball high up the pitch, if you can't , the formation collapses into a 4-1-4-1, if the wide forwards can't defend you could be in trouble.

Going forward, the football is very fluid , it's easy to keep the ball and circulate it ..it's almost impossible to lose possession. If you're a midfielder, there's always options, there's always someone you could pass it to..and upfront you got your agile and technical strikers that can combine to create goals.

As for Bale and Ronaldo, none of these two are technical enough to play centrally.
Sorry I have to disagree there. Ok they're not intricate dribblers like Messi etc and are more high speed twist and turn merchants, but come on surely you wouldn't say no to any of them? :-)

I would because they are very limited in their abilities. If you deny space to them, they can't hurt you.

I like the hybrid players that can do a bit of everything.
Who would you class as hybrid players?

cleavers said:
de niro said:
lol at this thread. we are MILES away from where we should be. we've had money long enough now to be much further up the football ladder than we are. I'd even say we are going backwards. the sad thing is its there for the taking, it was from the moment we won the league. We've managed to tread water since. evidence of this was scrimping over a few quid and so missing our targets in January.

cue the deluded.
I'm not deluded, and I think we should have won it this year, and last, but the more I read your posts mate, the more it sounds like you're just not enjoying it, being challengers for everything takes its toll if you let it. I never thought I'd ever see us win anything again, but we've done all 3 domestic trophies in the last 4 years, what's not to like ? Some of the football this season is the best I've ever watched, and mixed in there's been the odd game where we've been utter tripe, but its not many, not more than the odd one, though they have probably cost us the title.

Ultimately I'm relaxed about everything, if we don't win the title this year, I know we will soon enough, because our owner is looking long term, if its good enough for him, its good enough for me.

I do have a number of dislikes though, I don't like the cost for ordinary fans (match tickets, merchandise, and food/drink), because its small change to the club overall when compared to other revenue the club gets, FFPR is a licence to take the piss, and I really don't like us taking the piss out of away fans, there is just no need for that. I'd love City to be different to clubs like Arsenal and sell all our away tickets at £25, because I'd actually like the away end full every week. I also don't much like the way our own "crowd" demographic is changing, and changing the atmosphere, and further more, in europe its worse still, as we seem to sell to tourists over our own fans, but this maybe down to the cost. Finally I don't like the stewarding that's going on, its excessive, and there is no need.

its not so much about not enjoying it, its more like having waited decades for a chance like this it annoys me we don't grasp it with both hands. we've fucked about since may 2012.

de niro said:
its not so much about not enjoying it, its more like having waited decades for a chance like this it annoys me we don't grasp it with both hands. we've fucked about since may 2012.

FFPR fucked us mate and our owners wishes of doing things the "right way".

We should have just instantly stuck 2 fingers up at FFPR and carried on spending. We're despised anyway for being oil-rich City but I can see that Sheikh Mansour wants to change perception but I just think they've been slightly naive as the media will continue to slate us due to their love of the rags.

de niro said:

cue the deluded.
Not to mention missin out on targets in the summer and not really bothering to go after targets the previous summer

Undermining Mancini by bringing in the Spaniards fucked us. Who the fuck got in Khaldoon's ear and convinced him we needed a director of football ?

Everybody in the game thought we'd dominate for years to come after winning the league and while blues were more cautious i don't think even our most pessimistic fan would've predicted the debacle of a season that followed and the incomprehensible appointment of Pellers.

Our window of opportunity was there, everything was in place for us to kick on and look what we did.

Cups for cock ups ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.