Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
Jumanji said:
Marvin said:
It should be pointed out that 2 seasons ago City beat Villareal 3-0 away from home
To be fair, that Villarreal side was so injury ravished, they barely fielded any starters. They even had to play youth players.

They almost embarrassed us at home, let's not forget, had it not been for that last minute Aguero goal.

This was the most convincing CL performance we've ever had.

Ravished? I say.

And today we beat a pub team. 3-0 away from home is 3 fucking 0. Christ on a bike there is a serious bout of Mancini Derangement Syndrome (MDS) that afflicts enough people for it to classed as a pandemic. I've got to ask. Did he fuck your wife? Girlfriend? Dog? What is the root cause of MDS? The way he wore a scarf? Winning the PL the way we did make you pee your pants? Do you have weekly meetings where you stand up and say "Hi, my name is (whatever) and I have MDS?"

Its a worry to be honest.
I saw a lot of people on here saying how Plzen were no mugs and how they had beat Napoli 5-0 and 2-2 draw on San Siro. Now thta we beat them they suck and people seem reluctant to give credit to ourselves.

I fear if we concede as many free-kicks and set-pieces situations as we did in that opening half, it won't matter against United.

They have van Persie with that flat delivery and another component to factor in will be Fellaini, who caught us on our toes last year at home.

Sounds like Clichy is really struggling and that means Kolarov once again. I think Plzen actually ran out of steam pretty quickly and we again looked overrun in the centre of the pitch.

A really positive aspect for me was Nasri, that was his best game in a City shirt and he showed plenty of desire to get on the ball.

That's the player I thought we were buying and he deserves to start ahead of Silva, regardless of whether he is fit to return.

I've been pretty confident on the last few occasions we have gone in to a game against United. Can't say the same this time around. We've looked stretched against even sub-standard opposition?

Prestwich_Blue said:
The second half last night was what I think we were all expecting to see from a Pellegrini team.

As many people have been saying, expecting to see everything from day one consistently was always going to be a tall order. As I said last night in the matchday thread, encouraging signs of improvement in what we saw in the 2nd half. Having Vinny back helped.

One thing which I think we very noticeable was that players' heads didn't go down when they made mistakes. Confidence is the word I'm looking for. In particular Nasri and Dzeko, two players who I've criticised in the recent past, looked hungry for the ball and hungry to work. Dzeko in particular - it was noticeable him encouraging from the front, applauding the players around him getting them motivated.

It's early days but for me Pellegrini's man management is what is going to get the best out of players like that. Encouraging signs last night. If they take that attitude into the derby then we won't lose.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:13 pm --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I fear if we concede as many free-kicks and set-pieces situations as we did in that opening half, it won't matter against United.

They have van Persie with that flat delivery and another component to factor in will be Fellaini, who caught us on our toes last year at home.

Sounds like Clichy is really struggling and that means Kolarov once again. I think Plzen actually ran out of steam pretty quickly and we again looked overrun in the centre of the pitch.

A really positive aspect for me was Nasri, that was his best game in a City shirt and he showed plenty of desire to get on the ball.

That's the player I thought we were buying and he deserves to start ahead of Silva, regardless of whether he is fit to return.

I've been pretty confident on the last few occasions we have gone in to a game against United. Can't say the same this time around. We've looked stretched against even sub-standard opposition?

I thought the ref gave them far too many soft free kicks to be honest. And their players seemed happy to hit the deck like they were in the penalty area pretty much anywhere on the pitch.

What have you heard about Clichy? Are they saying he's definitely out?

Agree about Nasri. I'm sanguine about the derby if I'm honest. The onus will be on us to impose ourselves on the match. I think Moyes will pay us the kind of respect Ferguson did at our place in the title deciding derby. It's a game he simply won't want to lose.

Moyes has a horrendous record in derby games, particularly away so hopefully that continues! Pellegrini I think won one, lost one and drew one in his time at River Plate v Boca Juniors and I think Barca won both clasico's when he was Real manager, that ultimately was the difference on winning or losing the league. I think there will be a result in this game, I would say both sides look weak defensively and it will need more control in midfield from us. The rags will be happy to sit back and hit us on the counter which I think we are better prepared for with Fernandinho's mobility. They will have to consider Navas' pace which is something they haven't had to worry about previously. I would play the same side as we did last night, I hope they play the same too because that will lead to an open game and I think we will cause them more problems than they will us.

NoahCity said:
BobKowalski said:
Jumanji said:
To be fair, that Villarreal side was so injury ravished, they barely fielded any starters. They even had to play youth players.

They almost embarrassed us at home, let's not forget, had it not been for that last minute Aguero goal.

Ravished? I say.

And today we beat a pub team. 3-0 away from home is 3 fucking 0. Christ on a bike there is a serious bout of Mancini Derangement Syndrome (MDS) that afflicts enough people for it to classed as a pandemic. I've got to ask. Did he fuck your wife? Girlfriend? Dog? What is the root cause of MDS? The way he wore a scarf? Winning the PL the way we did make you pee your pants? Do you have weekly meetings where you stand up and say "Hi, my name is (whatever) and I have MDS?"

I saw a lot of people on here saying how Plzen were no mugs and how they had beat Napoli 5-0 and 2-2 draw on San Siro. Now thta we beat them they suck and people seem reluctant to give credit to ourselves.

I can see Plzen causing problems for CSKA.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
TGR said:
Because he felt like it. Why is even the mention of the name M A N C I N I such a problem to some people on here?

You don't really need that explaining, do you?

For the record, it's not a problem for me. I was a confirmed outer for the last two months of his tenure but a big fan and staunch defender for much of it. Be nice if we could all stop arguing about him but that seems a fanciful idea.

Your brother's German mate was ripping into RM on Talkshite this morning. Has he still got contacts at the club?

He played with Vinnie, Micah, Hart. I'm pretty sure he got on well with Chappy and was generally good at networking with people at the club (e.g. used to lift share with Gary Cook sometimes) so I'd be surprised if he hasn't. If Our Kid goes for a drink with him, I may hear something.

NoahCity said:
BobKowalski said:
Jumanji said:

Ravished? I say.

I agree. 2nd half was like seeing an old friend that had gone missing for a while. Yaya pushing forward, sharp passing/interchange round the box, good movement. Irrespective of the opposition 3-0 away from home in the CL is good in any ones book. It was good when we beat Villarreal 3-0 and it was good last night.

The issue is that people have become so emotionally invested in Pellegrini that any mention of anything positive about , or that happened under, Mancini, it is immediately attacked or denigrated as the poster did about the Villarreal game. Yes they were injury hit if I recall and yes VP were comfortably several levels below us and that was obvious after 5 minutes. But we still had to beat both sides and in each case the job was done with relative efficiency. There is no need, apart from rampant insecurity, to keep rubbishing the past 3 years in order to make Pellers look better.

BobKowalski said:
NoahCity said:
BobKowalski said:
Ravished? I say.

I agree. 2nd half was like seeing an old friend that had gone missing for a while. Yaya pushing forward, sharp passing/interchange round the box, good movement. Irrespective of the opposition 3-0 away from home in the CL is good in any ones book. It was good when we beat Villarreal 3-0 and it was good last night.

The issue is that people have become so emotionally invested in Pellegrini that any mention of anything positive about , or that happened under, Mancini, it is immediately attacked or denigrated as the poster did about the Villarreal game. Yes they were injury hit if I recall and yes VP were comfortably several levels below us and that was obvious after 5 minutes. But we still had to beat both sides and in each case the job was done with relative efficiency. There is no need, apart from rampant insecurity, to keep rubbishing the past 3 years in order to make Pellers look better.

Nail.
On.
Head.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Against United I'd play Silva and Nasri and drop Dzeko. Might sound harsh on Dzeko, but we need to dominate possession against them twats or we may come unstuck.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Not just Fellaini. The rags are in effect an upmarket version of Stoke. Last night's team contained no less than 8 players standing 6ft 2' or taller........De Gea, Smalling, Vidic, Camelgob, Fellaini, Valencia, Carrick and Van Rapist. Like you say, if we concede free kicks against that lot, and especially the vicious flat ones they whip in, we'll get had for breakfast. That said, I thought the referee last night verged on the ridiculous, blowing up for every innocuous touch. Hopefully Webb will be a little less whistle happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.