Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all. Got a spring in my step today. Amazing what a good solid away performance can do to calm some concerns however still a long way to go.
Moving onto Sunday,any news on Silva? If fit who will he replace?
Delighted for VK last night and the manager but obviously not getting to carried away as it was only Plzen however we can only try to beat what is put in front of us.
Think Sunday is going to be electric and as the 12th man thread says we need to lift the team.

I was actually completely taken by surprise by Plzen. I'd read that they would attack and try to win, but the extent to which they did was breathtaking. They were a lot better than I expected, though, of course, there are sterner tests ahead. Nevertheless they are a team we had to beat, and we did, quite emphatically. Apart from one save by Joe and the ensuing "scramble" I don't think we had any real problems in the first half, and we really should have scored. The second half took me back to our title winning season, when we frequently put together a patch of 20 minutes or so of quite irresistible football which sowed the game up.

As for Pellegrini, he got the win we needed and deserves credit for it. I think Mancini would have done the same, but that really isn't the issue. On Saturday I said a win in the CL and a win and a draw in the PL would help to suggest that we were back on track - so everything rests on the derby!

TGR said:
FantasyIreland said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I think Mancini would have done the same, but that really isn't the issue.

Its not,he's history,so why bring it up?

Move on,its not healthy.

Because he felt like it. Why is even the mention of the name M A N C I N I such a problem to some people on here?

You don't really need that explaining, do you?

For the record, it's not a problem for me. I was a confirmed outer for the last two months of his tenure but a big fan and staunch defender for much of it. Be nice if we could all stop arguing about him but that seems a fanciful idea.

OB1 said:
For the record, it's not a problem for me. I was a confirmed outer for the last two months of his tenure but a big fan and staunch defender for much of it. Be nice if we could all stop arguing about him but that seems a fanciful idea.

I think some of the mods quite like us all arguing about it, or one in particular at least.

OB1 said:
TGR said:
FantasyIreland said:
Its not,he's history,so why bring it up?

Move on,its not healthy.

Because he felt like it. Why is even the mention of the name M A N C I N I such a problem to some people on here?

You don't really need that explaining, do you?

Your brother's German mate was ripping into RM on Talkshite this morning. Has he still got contacts at the club?

The second half last night was what I think we were all expecting to see from a Pellegrini team. Granted the quality of the opposition may not have been the highest but we struggled against Hull at home, who possibly aren't a great deal better.

It was a very important 3 points as it means that if we beat Plzen and Moscow at home, we should only need to find 1 more point from 3 games to qualify. If that point comes in Moscow then we should be home and dry.

A great performance, we went and attacked and put out a team to stamp our authority. I stand by the fact that the managers confidence and knowledge of the Champions League counts for a lot. He knew we could beat them and made the players believe. He didn't tinker with formations or put out a defensive lineup, he didn't try three at the back. I know people hate the mention of Mancini but Pellegrini has been brought in to address our European form and so he will no doubt pop up in conversation, I have said previously I think Mancini put a lot of pressure on himself to perform in Europe, he was sacked from Inter for poor performances, the first season we did everything right and ultimately were unlucky. I think last season he mixed it up too much. Away at Ajax the side he put out was dreadful. He almost tried too much. But the draw was tough. Moving on, Pellegrini has taken the pressure off us completely. We play Bayern knowing that anything above a loss is a great result and it is a real test against a class side, the best in Europe most probably. Pellegrini knows their system and players well and indeed Guardiolas. Got a lot of confidence in him taking us forward when the players gel. Moving into the derby we will get a good idea of how he sets us up and what sort of mentality he has for the game. Given ours and the rags wins in Europe it means no matter what the result is the pressure will not build. I was hoping the rags would struggle and if we beat them Moyes would be in for a really rough ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.