Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cibaman said:
We're not prioritising winning the CL over winning the PL. We're prioritising a respectable CL campaign, qualifying from the group, over dropping a few early season league points.
So Europe over the league, then. Sorry just don't agree at all. The league is our bread and butter no matter what imho.

If Vinny really is the catalyst for us playing well, reliance on one (much as I love him, injury prone) player isn't very holistic.

Newcastle raised my hopes for the season after all we were told over summer. The next few games have been frustrating, to say the least. Tuesday was brilliant. Carry that to Sunday please lads. Then keep it up until the end of the season.

Yaya_Tony said:
cibaman said:
We're not prioritising winning the CL over winning the PL.

As fans, this all day long mate but as a board, charged with not only success on the pitch but also off it, commercially, the CL is where it is at.

Its also the major draw when it comes to recruiting the type of players we want going forward.

*Sorry for the poor edit, my post is in reply to Yaya.*

OB1 said:
FFS, Pellegrini quite clearly stated in his post match interview on Sky that we were not prioritising the UCL over the Prem.

Not seen it mate but thanks for that.

With a squad like ours its also correct as we are strong enough to go for everything.

OB1 said:
FFS, Pellegrini quite clearly stated in his post match interview on Sky that we were not prioritising the UCL over the Prem.

Yes but we won and played well. Gotta find something to woman about. ;)

Yaya_Tony said:
If Vinny really is the catalyst for us playing well, reliance on one (much as I love him, injury prone) player isn't very holistic.

Holistic? I have no idea why you are attempting to take the piss out of our club by using that term?

Relying on the hope one player,who is hugely influential and does make the difference,stays fit and plays every game,is simply bad planning and failing to prepare,nothing more.

Vinny makes us tick,he makes others play because of his reassuring presence and also his athleticism and ability on the ball.

We are a shadow of ourselves without the Skipper,the evidence is overwhelming.Perhaps Demichelis may provide a similar presence,i'm very hopeful!

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:

Yes but we won and played well. Gotta find something to woman about. ;)

Haters-gonna-hate.jpg

FantasyIreland said:
Yaya_Tony said:

Holistic? I have no idea why you are attempting to take the piss out of our club by using that term?

Relying on the hope one player,who is hugely influential and does make the difference,stays fit and plays every game,is simply bad planning and failing to prepare,nothing more.

Vinny makes us tick,he makes others play because of his reassuring presence and also his athleticism and ability on the ball.

We are a shadow of ourselves without the Skipper,the evidence is overwhelming.Perhaps Demichelis may provide a similar presence,i'm very hopeful!

It isn't a case of reliance, it is early in Pellegrini's career at City and Kompany is a born leader on the pitch who can get the whole defence playing the way Pellegrini wants and pass the messages through the side. His impact on the side is massive. I think Demichelis will provide a similar presence as he has played under Pellegrini both at River Plate and Malaga and will be able to feed his methods through the side as well. When making such dramatic changes to the sides way of playing under Mancini it was always going to require key players to ensure tactics were being followed. When Kompany got injured Pellegrini had to just settle things down somewhat and now the captain is back he has our main leader on the pitch to ensure his instructions feed through the players. Given time if Kompany were to get injured again later down the line the impact wouldnt be so great. But when you have a class player like Kompany he is always going to be missed!

Vinny is the foundation of our team,he's the platform for others to play and excel,its worrying that without him we are so less effective.

Obviously we are not a one man team,however,we are a more limited and less confident one when he isn't on the pitch.This isn't a sudden finding,it was evident in each of his previous abscences and i'm unsure it has been properly addressed.

FantasyIreland said:
Vinny is the foundation of our team,he's the platform for others to play and excel,its worrying that without him we are so less effective.

Obviously we are not a one man team,however,we are a more limited and less confident one when he isn't on the pitch.This isn't a sudden finding,it was evident in each of his previous abscences and i'm unsure it has been properly addressed.

Tbf fella, show me a side anywhere that can lose its talisman and not feel it?

If you dont miss them, they cant be that special in the first place and Vinny is very special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.