Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
FantasyIreland said:
Vinny is the foundation of our team,he's the platform for others to play and excel,its worrying that without him we are so less effective.

Obviously we are not a one man team,however,we are a more limited and less confident one when he isn't on the pitch.This isn't a sudden finding,it was evident in each of his previous abscences and i'm unsure it has been properly addressed.

Tbf fella, show me a side anywhere that can lose its talisman and not feel it?

If you dont miss them, they cant be that special in the first place and Vinny is very special.

I understand losing your talisman(excellent description....) would be detrimental to any side,however,he seems to be our heart beat,we just aren't the same team without him.

Anywhere else on the pitch we can afford to lose a player,we lose Vinny and were in the shite......that isn't right.

FantasyIreland said:
blueinsa said:
FantasyIreland said:
Vinny is the foundation of our team,he's the platform for others to play and excel,its worrying that without him we are so less effective.

Obviously we are not a one man team,however,we are a more limited and less confident one when he isn't on the pitch.This isn't a sudden finding,it was evident in each of his previous abscences and i'm unsure it has been properly addressed.

If you dont miss them, they cant be that special in the first place and Vinny is very special.

I understand losing your talisman(excellent description....) would be detrimental to any side,however,he seems to be our heart beat,we just aren't the same team without him.

Anywhere else on the pitch we can afford to lose a player,we lose Vinny and were in the shite......that isn't right.

Actually, strictly speaking that's not true. Although when we lose Vinny for a prolonged period of time there is a slight drop off in results - the reality is that the drop off isn't huge.

Performances are a different thing ... but lets face it we dropped 3 points while Vinny was out. It's hardly the stuff of a monumental collapse ... and in that time we also had at various points Micah, Nasty, and Clichy out helping unsettle the back four further. Plus our newest defender out in Demichelis. It was the perfect storm injury wise but it's over now.

We are a different side without Vinny there's no denying that though ...

If you put down the difference between our best and our worst as the absence of VK that has to go down as a collective failure in recruiting over the past 5 years. Obviously there is more to it but we do seem to be unhealthily reliant on one player who isn't the most reliable in terms of his fitness.

moomba said:
If you put down the difference between our best and our worst as the absence of VK that has to go down as a collective failure in recruiting over the past 5 years. Obviously there is more to it but we do seem to be unhealthily reliant on one player who isn't the most reliable in terms of his fitness.

Every club goes through recruitment failures ... however at centre half I'd say we failed this summer, because going back to last season and before having Kolo, Lescott, and Nasty, along with Vinny and Micah was enough. It's the loss of Kolo and the subsequent heel dragging in replacing him that isn't good enough IMO.

However for me Vinny is a special player. People will laugh but defensively he is as important as someone like Xavi is for Barcelona in midfield. You always feel the loss of special players.

I thought at Stoke we were just poor and the not having VK was a weak excuse....

However...Seeing the difference the other night,he is clearly a hugely influential member of the team. He seems to give a lot of other players so much confidence.
Yaya looked to push forward a lot more as well which was a huge difference to what we had been seeing recently.
I'm quietly confident going into the weekend

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Morning all.

Quick question..How much is it worth to the club to get out of the group stage?
10? 20 million???

Morning mate. there was a thread just the other day listing prize and tv monies. It very much depends on how you qualify, e.g. 6 wins means top money, less + less obviously.

It is considerable though I know that much.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am --<br /><br />

So you should be, we are the best fucking side in the world! ;-)

blueinsa said:
Morning all.

10? 20 million???

Morning mate. there was a thread just the other day listing prize and tv monies. It very much depends on how you qualify, e.g. 6 wins means top money, less + less obviously.

It is considerable though I know that much.

-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am --

Cheers blueinsa

blueinsa said:
Morning all.

10? 20 million???

It is considerable though I know that much.

-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:44 am --

Cheers blueinsa

have a gander here mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/finance/news/newsid=1975196.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.com/uefa/management/fin ... 75196.html</a>

BillyShears said:
FantasyIreland said:
blueinsa said:

ility and influence
Actually, strictly speaking that's not true. Although when we lose Vinny for a prolonged period of time there is a slight drop off in results - the reality is that the drop off isn't huge.

Performances are a different thing ... but lets face it we dropped 3 points while Vinny was out. It's hardly the stuff of a monumental collapse ... and in that time we also had at various points Micah, Nasty, and Clichy out helping unsettle the back four further. Plus our newest defender out in Demichelis. It was the perfect storm injury wise but it's over now.

We are a different side without Vinny there's no denying that though ...

While this is all true not sure where people think we would find somebody with Kompanys' ability and influence who would be happy not to be a first choice, unless you're thinking of Nastasic not playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.