Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Morning all.

Quick question..How much is it worth to the club to get out of the group stage?
10? 20 million???

It's €3.5m for making R16. But with the potential for making more if you reach the QF (€3.9m), SF (4.9m), runner up (€6.5m) or winning (€10.5m).? Winning it gets you into the super cup which is worth at least €2.2m (€3m if you win it).

There is more to it though, you get €1m for a win in the group stages and €500k for a draw so by making it to the group stages we will do better than say last season. Also half the TV pool is divvied up between the English clubs based on the percentage of games played. So the more games you play the higher percentage of the pool you get (last year the pool was around €70m).

So pretty hard to put a number on it.

moomba said:
Morning all.

10? 20 million???

It's €3.5m for making R16. But with the potential for making more if you reach the QF (€3.9m), SF (4.9m), runner up (€6.5m) or winning (€10.5m).? Winning it gets you into the super cup which is worth at least €2.2m (€3m if you win it).

There is more to it though, you get €1m for a win in the group stages and €500k for a draw so by making it to the group stages we will do better than say last season. Also half the TV pool is divvied up between the English clubs based on the percentage of games played. So the more games you play the higher percentage of the pool you get.

thanks a lot

moomba said:
Morning all.

10? 20 million???

There is more to it though, you get €1m for a win in the group stages and €500k for a draw so by making it to the group stages we will do better than say last season. Also half the TV pool is divvied up between the English clubs based on the percentage of games played. So the more games you play the higher percentage of the pool you get.

thanks a lot

As moomba says, its not straightforward but we made just under 19m Euros last year and that not even getting out of the group.

blueinsa said:
moomba said:

thanks a lot

As moomba says, its not straightforward but we made just under 19m Euros last year and that not even getting out of the group.

That was just the TV pool money. With bonuses and the group stage fee we ended up with just under €29m. Munich got €55m for winning the lot.

Whilst we don't know the details it is quite likely that there are bonuses built into our sponsorship deals for progressing in the CL winning the PL etc.

The flip side is of course that there are probably also player bonuses that can be triggered !

So in a nutshell anyone outside the club can only guess what progress in the CL is really worth

As City is a brand vehicle for Abu Dhabi, the additional worldwide exposure gained by Champions League success is worth much more than the cash generated alone. As the club develops it's sponsorship and commercial deals there are big financial benefits there too. Also throw in the worldwide recruitment of fans who are a potential ongoing revenue stream in future, and you can see why this club needs to start to do well in the CL.

I think The Sheikh wants us to win the thing in the next few years.

Didsbury Dave said:
As City is a brand vehicle for Abu Dhabi, the additional worldwide exposure gained by Champions League success is worth much more than the cash generated alone. As the club develops it's sponsorship and commercial deals there are big financial benefits there too. Also throw in the worldwide recruitment of fans who are a potential ongoing revenue stream in future, and you can see why this club needs to start to do well in the CL.

I bloody hope that's what he wants.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Whilst you can never predict cup competitions, I don't even think we are that far away. This squad is already close to the top ones in Europe. We are still behind Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern but we are in that "marzipan" group just behind them. If we maintain this core and add (or develop!) a couple more world class players then we just need to be blended properly into a unit to have a real chance.

I don't think it's beyond us to win it in the next 3-4 years.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Whilst you can never predict cup competitions, I don't even think we are that far away. This squad is already close to the top ones in Europe. We are still behind Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern but we are in that "marzipan" group just behind them. If we maintain this core and add (or develop!) a couple more world class players then we just need to be blended properly into a unit to have a real chance.

Agreed with everything here. If Chelsea can win a CL, so can we... We almost have a squad to compete with those other clubs but you always need a little bit of luck on the way, like any cup competition.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Dave..morning fella..would you put dortmund..psg in that marzipan group?
Personally I dont think we are anywhere close to that yet but time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.