Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
The cookie monster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Interestingly, we are 4th favourites to win it at 14/1.

We've been abt 8/1 -10/1 for the last couple of years
3rd favs at the start

Now we are not far off double those odds
15/1 biggest abt even aft a good opening win

Could be worth a punt.

Save your money on that one cookie. 15/1 sounds about right.
Am already on Barca & Bayern
Just under 2/1 for either of them to win
You just never know with us though if we really turn it on.

So the odds suggest we have little chance of winning, but should be one of the 4 semi finalists. I'd take that all day long. Would still be happy at this point to just get out of the group though!

Think that's very generous too. Don't think we're the 4th best team in this competition yet.

I have just looked at the last few pages which are all about Champions League prospects/players and wonder why are all these comments in the ''discuss Pellegrini'' topic.

Yaya_Tony said:
OB1 said:
FFS, Pellegrini quite clearly stated in his post match interview on Sky that we were not prioritising the UCL over the Prem.
Doesn't that go against what he said the other day after the Stoke match about CL being the target or something? Supposed to be working so not got the time to look for quotes.

Aren't we all working!

I didn't hear him pre-match.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am --<br /><br />
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Whilst you can never predict cup competitions, I don't even think we are that far away. This squad is already close to the top ones in Europe. We are still behind Barca, Real Madrid and Bayern but we are in that "marzipan" group just behind them. If we maintain this core and add (or develop!) a couple more world class players then we just need to be blended properly into a unit to have a real chance.

I don't think it's beyond us to win it in the next 3-4 years.
Dave..morning fella..would you put dortmund..psg in that marzipan group?
Personally I dont think we are anywhere close to that yet but time will tell.

Yes I would. But I think we would have absolutely nothing to fear if drawn against either team. In fact I'd fancy us to beat them.

If we get blended as a unit properly, like Bayern are, then I think we would even go head to head with the best teams in Europe.

We have the quality in the squad to achieve big things if the manager can do his job well.

Getting to be serious contenders for the UCL within next few years should not be beyond us.

Regarding the mythical quote where Pellegrini is supposed to have said that the CL was the priority. Nobody other than the Daily Mail ran the quote to my knowledge - which suggests they either made it up, or did some editing gymnastics to put two quotes together to make it sound like something it wasn't. I always expected that after the game Pellegrini would clear it up and he did. The CL isn't the priority. Challenging on two fronts is.

BillyShears said:
Regarding the mythical quote where Pellegrini is supposed to have said that the CL was the priority. Nobody other than the Daily Mail ran the quote to my knowledge - which suggests they either made it up, or did some editing gymnastics to put two quotes together to make it sound like something it wasn't. I always expected that after the game Pellegrini would clear it up and he did. The CL isn't the priority. Challenging on two fronts is.

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?? The knee jerkers will find something else to get their knickers in a twist about soon enough...

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
BillyShears said:

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?? The knee jerkers will find something else to get their knickers in a twist about soon enough...

I reckon if we get dicked in the derby that ought to do it....

BillyShears said:

I'd put my money that he was asked "How important is the Champions League" and he replied "It is most important". He has that same verbal tic Mancini did, using "important" too much.

It's a ludicrous concept that we'd prioritise the Champs League, which is a cup competition and subject to one bad decision/sending odd/injury crisis, over the league.

Without doubt he will be trying to do as well as he can in both.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

I'd put my money that he was asked "How important is the Champions League" and he replied "It is most important". He has that same verbal tic Mancini did, using "important" too much.

It's a ludicrous concept that we'd prioritise the Champs League, which is a cup competition and subject to one bad decision/sending odd/injury crisis, over the league.

Of course he will. Welcome to the thread btw ;). Left Billy to take all the flak while we were playing shite I notice ;).

hgblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:

Of course he will. Welcome to the thread btw ;). Left Billy to take all the flak while we were playing shite I notice ;).

A victory has held off certain factions and allowed a decent football discussion to break out.

I've served my time advocating Mancini's removal, fella. I'm fucked if I'm going to carry on fighting a war which has already been won ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.