Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
Amazing how quickly this thread died down following just 90 mins of football.
Haha! Welcome to the fickle world of the average football supporter!
I'm sure we'll be back to normal if things don't go to plan on Sunday :-)

Pablo1 said:
blueinsa said:
Haha! Welcome to the fickle world of the average football supporter!
I'm sure we'll be back to normal if things don't go to plan on Sunday :-)

You can take that to the bank mate.

blueinsa said:

I think the thread ran its course days before the game to be honest.

A win on Sunday won't prove he's the man for us. Neither would a loss prove that he's not.

I think I posted a while ago in this thread, beat the rags and I dont think we can have too many complaints about the start of the new regime.

moomba said:
blueinsa said:

A win on Sunday won't prove he's the man for us. Neither would a loss prove that he's not.

I think I posted a while ago in this thread, beat the rags and I dont think we can have too many complaints about the start of the new regime.

You are still entitled to have concerns about how we defended against Cardiff and how we played against Stoke irrespective of how Sunday goes.

10 points from 5 games is par for us IMO given who we had to play but even though its in the past if we are to be serious contenders in the premiership we have to learn quickly how to adjust from poor performances like this and ensure they are kept to a minimum because we will play much better and not be on the right end of the scoreline in the games to come.

Results will go our way if we provide consistently high level of work rate and commitment and create the chances we know we can in each and every game.

Just watched Chelsea and to say their performance was underwhelming, well , is understated.
Time for Manuel to grab this squad by the scruff of the neck, shake it up, and win this fucking title in style.

moomba said:
blueinsa said:

I don't think tomorrow means anything really. Yes for me it's one of the most important games of the season (more so than the away leg because there's no shame in losing that one). So I am desperate for us to win.

But when you think of the frankly pretty poor City sides that have won this fixture in the past, it's hard to conclude that a win means anything other than the cards fell kindly for us on the day. Likewise if we lose. We really shouldn't be drawing any conclusions 5 games in.

Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

I don't think tomorrow means anything really. Yes for me it's one of the most important games of the season (more so than the away leg because there's no shame in losing that one). So I am desperate for us to win.

But when you think of the frankly pretty poor City sides that have won this fixture in the past, it's hard to conclude that a win means anything other than the cards fell kindly for us on the day. Likewise if we lose. We really shouldn't be drawing any conclusions 5 games in.

It's all about performance level for me mate, which is why I've been so concerned after the last few games. If we lose we lose, wouldn't be the first derby I've ever seen us lose, and won't be the last. But, we need to play with passion, commitment and with a bit of tactical nous, and if we do they'll be no over reaction from me to a defeat.

Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

It's not so much beating the rags, it's having 10 points from 5 in the league and 3 from 1 in the champions league. I reckon thats a pretty decent start, but less than that is a bit disappointing.

It's not even a case of drawing conclusions other than how good (or otherwise) our start to the season has been.

moomba said:
Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:

It's not so much beating the rags, it's having 10 points from 5 in the league and 3 from 1 in the champions league. I reckon thats a pretty decent start, but less than that is a bit disappointing.

It's not even a case of drawing conclusions other than how good (or otherwise) our start to the season has been.

Exactly. It's all about points. And what do points make ..... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.