Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
We've beaten a United team in the past which included the likes of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez.

As Mancini would testify, it's all about fine margins and a little luck.

For me, Pellegrini needs this win more than Moyes does.
Maybe marginally, but mainly because we are at home.

If he doesn't sort out the back of our midfield we will get a hiding. Imagine Rooney running into all that space, yaya isolated, kompany back pedalling, kolorov plodding back after a failed cross.

I'm desperate for him to change formation but my instincts tell me he won't. I think he's married himself to this 4222, it could be too top heavy for united.

Pellegrini's record against United and Moyes:

P6 W2 D4 L0 GS: 4 GC: 2 GD: +2.

I think it's more down to Moyes today how this pans out. If he tries to do his Everton tactics in a big game they may sneak a result but lose respect from their fans and players and if he goes for it then it could end up 4-3 either way or 6-1 again.

The key to our past derby successes has been dominating the midfield, I hope Pelle has noticed this.

P.s. we all know Fellaini is just going to kick and elbow the shit out of us and get away with it today.

His system was more apparent in this game. Notice Negredo floating out wide and creating that 3rd goal, width creating all the goals today IIRC. Even the corner was created from committed wide play.

Delighted with the result but still scratching my head why at the 55 minute mark he basically told us to sit back letting the rags attack us for 30 mins when we really could have gone for the throat.

RandomJ said:
Delighted with the result but still scratching my head why at the 55 minute mark he basically told us to sit back letting the rags attack us for 30 mins when we really could have gone for the throat.

Give over ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.