Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at our respective fixtures, it would be disappointing if we are behind them after 5 games.

it's important because it's our first game against a team at our level under Pelle.

If he wins it will be a confidence boost as the players will continue to believe they haven't lost anything with Mancini going, as he was very good in derby games.

If we win well and comfortably it will inspire confidence and I believe will send us on a run that could see us even beat Bayern at home.

If we draw there'll be nerves and Moyes will take a confidence boost as he needs to prove himself.

A United win will be a big setback as they'll start to believe Moyes has the talent to manage them and the best outcome for us is their players losing faith in him and thus not performing as they should.

NQCitizen said:
If it's 7 points from 5 that will be a terrible start and would make it very hard to mount a title challenge.

Even 10 from 5 leaves huge question marks over our away form.

No team this year has had a perfect start,questions can be levelled at all.

That's what is going to make this season so competitive and unpredictable.

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
If it's 7 points from 5 that will be a terrible start and would make it very hard to mount a title challenge.

Even 10 from 5 leaves huge question marks over our away form.

No team this year has had a perfect start,questions can be levelled at all.

That's what is going to make this season so competitive and unpredictable.

Yes that is true. Spurs will be very interesting, a collection of Europe's young starlets signed and a boss you could argue to be currently the league's best.

hgblue said:
Chippy_boy said:
moomba said:

I think the thread ran its course days before the game to be honest.

A win on Sunday won't prove he's the man for us. Neither would a loss prove that he's not.

I think I posted a while ago in this thread, beat the rags and I dont think we can have too many complaints about the start of the new regime.

I don't think tomorrow means anything really. Yes for me it's one of the most important games of the season (more so than the away leg because there's no shame in losing that one). So I am desperate for us to win.

But when you think of the frankly pretty poor City sides that have won this fixture in the past, it's hard to conclude that a win means anything other than the cards fell kindly for us on the day. Likewise if we lose. We really shouldn't be drawing any conclusions 5 games in.

It's all about performance level for me mate, which is why I've been so concerned after the last few games. If we lose we lose, wouldn't be the first derby I've ever seen us lose, and won't be the last. But, we need to play with passion, commitment and with a bit of tactical nous, and if we do they'll be no over reaction from me to a defeat.

nor me. if we play like we did v stoke etc though we are doomed .

Our performance versus Hull is looking a little better after they went to Newcastle and scored 3.

One thing I have noticed is that teams like Hull and particularly Southampton are very fit and can play with a high intensity for 90 mins.

Sometimes a lesser team and keep a better team quiet for the opening hour through intense effort, but get picked off in the last half an hour when their energy levels drop.

Perhaps the fitness of teams is levelling the Premiership out?

There are exceptions: Fulham for one judging off their lazy performance at Stamford Bridge in what for them is a Derby

Marvin said:
Our performance versus Hull is looking a little better after they went to Newcastle and scored 3.

One thing I have noticed is that teams like Hull and particularly Southampton are very fit and can play with a high intensity for 90 mins.

Sometimes a lesser team and keep a better team quiet for the opening hour through intense effort, but get picked off in the last half an hour when their energy levels drop.

Perhaps the fitness of teams is levelling the Premiership out?

There are exceptions: Fulham for one judging off their lazy performance at Stamford Bridge in what for them is a Derby
They are always like that at the start of the season (Hull etc) but tail off by November

blueinsa said:
Pablo1 said:
blueinsa said:
Amazing how quickly this thread died down following just 90 mins of football.
Haha! Welcome to the fickle world of the average football supporter!
I'm sure we'll be back to normal if things don't go to plan on Sunday :-)

You can take that to the bank mate.

havent heard that talk since the 70,s fella.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.