Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaylord du Bois said:
BillyShears said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
A small but necessary edit Billy.
I won't start ripping my knickers off until we've done the likes of Bayern in a similar fashion.

Having done the reigning premier league champions you've now set the bar at the reigning european champions. You've not left yourself much room to manoeuvre if we do them too ... :)
Why would I need to be manoeuvring if we did them?

You tell me buddy. You're the one who's can't get their knickers off after a rag drubbing and is holding out until we do the European champions.

BillyShears said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
BillyShears said:
Having done the reigning premier league champions you've now set the bar at the reigning european champions. You've not left yourself much room to manoeuvre if we do them too ... :)

You tell me buddy. You're the one who's can't get their knickers off after a rag drubbing and is holding out until we do the European champions.
I made an apology to you on here tonight, hope he can keep it up.

All this talk of tactices etc is lovely but the point you are all missing is that we actually wanted it today. We wanted it fucking badly.

Play with that level of intensity, energy and tenacity across the team and tactics dont / wont mean shit.

Compare and contrast to the Wigan cup final.

A universe of difference.

Stoned Rose said:
All this talk of tactices etc is lovely but the point you are all missing is that we actually wanted it today. We wanted it fucking badly.

Play with that level of intensity, energy and tenacity across the team and tactics dont / wont mean shit.

Compare it to a week ago against Stoke. I agree with your point though. We know we have the right players it really is up to them to produce it consistently.

BillyShears said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
BillyShears said:

Fuck me.I see you've had your face in the Boudreaux today 'buddy'.

Stoned Rose said:

Since this thread's about Pellegrini I'm going to go with ... man management and motivation for top marks!

Stoned Rose said:

While I agree mostly, you're missing the point too.

This was a derby, the players were fuelled up. They were always going want it badly, etc.

They won't for matches against likes of Stokes, Fulhams or Norwiches. And that's where tactics will come to play massively.

Bayern beat Schalke 4-0 away at the weekend!! That's Draxler's team. One of the best players in Europe.

Anything we get out of the Bayern game is a bonus. Could have done with playing them last when they are already qualified.

10 points from 5 games, and an away win in the Champions League during a period in which we lost our Captain and defensive deputies. A good start and we can look forward to Wigan now, and then Villa away at the weekend.

Tim to relax and enjoy the aftermath of the Derby win after all the pre-Derby nerves and concern after the opening games.

Those who criticised, myself included did it out of concern, but it seems the team is in good hands. Still got to show more consistency and nail the away form, but I have confidence in what Pellegrini is trying to do. In hindsight I think I was worried about what we were losing from our game play with our "vacant" midfield strategy, and forgetting that there are other positives. Missing Kompany was a huge factor too. He gives the team confidence and sets up our play.

Alakagom said:
Stoned Rose said:

While I agree mostly, you're missing the point too.

This was a derby, the players were fuelled up. They were always going want it badly, etc.

They won't for matches against likes of Stokes, Fulhams or Norwiches. And that's where tactics will come to play massively.

I smell a little something with the use of that word in your first post!!

BillyShears said:
Stoned Rose said:

Since this thread's about Pellegrini I'm going to go with ... man management and motivation for top marks!
If he can get it against the "lesser teams" I might even become a fan boy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.