Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mammutly said:
Garcia and Fernandinho are both technically good, but limited players. They read the game well and because of that they are good at breaking up opposition moves. What they both lack is creativity.

Garcia is never going to be a superstar and neither is Fernandinho. But they are both decent players who can carry at a limited role in the team very well.
I can't believe you are bracketing those two together. Fernandinho is mobile, a battler and a good passer. I think he can show a lot more drive when released from the holding role too. Imagine having yaya alongside you like he did against Cardiff, hull and stoke. You wouldn't know what he was going to do next. Drop deep for the ball, drive 50 yards forward, pass backwards, pass long. It would be a nightmare for a midfielder at a new club. That's why he suddenly looked more composed and assured on Sunday, with yaya sitting 15 yards ahead of him.

Garcia isn't a patch on him in this league because he can't run.

Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:
Garcia and Fernandinho are both technically good, but limited players. They read the game well and because of that they are good at breaking up opposition moves. What they both lack is creativity.

Garcia is never going to be a superstar and neither is Fernandinho. But they are both decent players who can carry at a limited role in the team very well.
I can't believe you are bracketing those two together. Fernandinho is mobile, a battler and a good passer. I think he can show a lot more drive when released from the holding role too. Imagine having yaya alongside you like he did against Cardiff, hull and stoke. You wouldn't know what he was going to do next. Drop deep for the ball, drive 50 yards forward, pass backwards, pass long. It would be a nightmare for a midfielder at a new club. That's why he suddenly looked more composed and assured on Sunday, with yaya sitting 15 yards ahead of him.

Fernandinho is going to face physical challenges week in and week out now. He is pushed off the ball too easily and lacks the technical ability to create space for himself. That was very evident on Sunday. His talents are in quick passes and interceptions, not battles. Garcia is the physically stronger, if less mobile of the two, but I would say that there isn't much to choose between them in terms of overall ability and value to the squad.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:

Fernandinho is going to face physical challenges week in and week out now. He is pushed off the ball too easily and lacks the technical ability to create space for himself. That was very evident on Sunday. His talents are in quick passes and interceptions, not battles. Garcia is the physically stronger, if less mobile of the two, but I would say that there isn't much to choose between them in terms of overall ability and value to the squad.

Do you watch football after drinking large amounts of alcohol

Fernandinho lacks technical ability and there isn't much between him and GARCIA? Heard it all now. Talk about going to great lengths to try and justify your premature opinions of a player. He showed yesterday he is a superior and more intelligent player than Fellaini, who is just a bully with decent footballing skills. He's been a defensive beast in our last two games with tackles (8) and interceptions (10) galore across the two games. He reads the play very, very well and has made some very crucial interceptions that can be quickly forgotten with the speed of the game. It's all about getting the balance right and we're starting to now.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:

Well we will have a better idea of this by the end of the season but I honestly think you are grossly undervaluing one and overvaluing another player here.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:

you got to be having a laugh? Fernandinho was great on sunday and is going to be a very important player for us this season!

uwe rosler 28 said:
mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:

you got to be having a laugh? Fernandinho was great on sunday and is going to be a very important player for us this season!

Fernandinho had a good game on Sunday, but he wasn't great. Time will tell, but for me he looks on course to be a Garcia level player - able to do a decent job in the right game, but no matchwinner.

mammutly said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
mammutly said:

Fernandinho had a good game on Sunday, but he wasn't great. Time will tell, but for me he looks on course to be a Garcia level player - able to do a decent job in the right game, but no matchwinner.

What do you mean by match winner

mammutly said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
mammutly said:

Important cog in the machine, he'll let Yaya go about his business as we've seen the last two games, that makes him a match winner in my book.

mammutly said:
Didsbury Dave said:
mammutly said:

Mate, that's scary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.