Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimfv1 said:
This Michael Cox article is basically just what a few of the posters on here have been saying, and is also the reason we have changed managers, to try to get through to the players that they have to be "switched on" throughout the whole game. Even though the finger can be pointed at Hart and Vinny, I actually think that the more culpable players are Yaya, Nasri and Dzeko. When the ball is lost through a misplaced pass or an interception or (especially in our case) either a poorly executed corner or an attack which breaks down, then some players switch off until possession is regained.

When this changes then the away form will improve.
Nasri? Please, put on your glasses and stop watching 2012 City. Nasri is one of the few players who is always switched on, both offensively and defensively.

Yaya when he gets gassed maybe. Dzeko is a striker, you should expect the least defending from him. SImply pugt, Komps can not have a brain fart like he did on the last goal. That is the mental error we are talking about. Or Zab losing the same man on 2 cornerkicks (actually, this I blame on the other defenders that allowed Zab to defend a guy that was clearly superior athletically on 2 plays). Nasty sticking out a foot on a harmless play e.t.c. These are the mental errors or Hart letting one thru his hands. We don't make this mental errors and we are top of the league right now with 5 wins and a draw.

The mental side of the game cannot be underestimated.

If you are not switched on for the full game results like those we witnessed against Villa and Cardiff will not be isolated ones.

You have to treat every game no matter the opposition with the same high degree of intensity and must win at all costs approach.

We have good players but both collectively and individually they don't possess a killer instinct.

They have to learn that near enough is not good enough and until they do they will continue to underachieve and cause us fits of panic throughout most games many of which should be victories of the type Arsenal had over Napoli which was never in doubt from the moment they took the lead after 7 minutes.

mancity1 said:
The mental side of the game cannot be underestimated.

If you are not switched on for the full game results like those we witnessed against Villa and Cardiff will not be isolated ones.

You have to treat every game no matter the opposition with the same high degree of intensity and must win at all costs approach.

We have good players but both collectively and individually they don't possess a killer instinct.

They have to learn that near enough is not good enough and until they do they will continue to underachieve and cause us fits of panic throughout most games many of which should be victories of the type Arsenal had over Napoli which was never in doubt from the moment they took the lead after 7 minutes.

Which is why Cardiff and Villa weren't 'freak' results, because we lapsed into our comfort zone thinking we were home and dry after we scored, and once you do that, anyone who's played the game at a decent level will tell you it's almost impossible to raise it again. If our players had that killer instinct we would have buried Villa by half time, and it frustrates the hell out of me. The only bright side is that the manager has now seen it with his own eyes and is on the case, so I don't expect to see a repeat performance anytime soon. We shall see.

I think one of our biggest weaknesses is that when we concede a goal, often against the run of play, we have a habit of conceding a 2nd soon after.
That cannot be due to complacency, since the 1st goal should have knocked that on the head. It seems to be a combination of tactics, pushing too many forward too quickly and mentality, almost accepting our fate. We often don't seem capable of rebounding after conceding a shock goal.

When we scored our 2nd against Villa I hoped we'd corrected that weakness, only to be proved wrong.

Said a couple of weeks ago I was concerned about MP's rigidity with playing 4-4-2 and inability to change systems when required.

Now I'm utterly perplexed.

Truly shocking stuff tonight, however good Bayern are we've made it easy for them.

It is beyond me why you would play a 2-man midfield against Bayern. Result will be chasing shadows.

Mancini made this same damn mistake.

Naïve.

Needs to be sacked before xmas he's that fucking bad. Two strikers against Bayern = getting overrun in midfield and he waits until 70 minutes and 3 goals down to fix it. Hope our owners "engineer" his P45 because he is not good enough.

Rammy Blue said:
Said a couple of weeks ago I was concerned about MP's rigidity with playing 4-4-2 and inability to change systems when required.

Now I'm utterly perplexed.

Truly shocking stuff tonight, however good Bayern are we've made it easy for them.
Agree mate

I can see why in some games you sacrifice tactical advantage to develop a style of play but tonight has been shocking management, almost negligent.

And all he has succeeded in doing is destroying our confidence and seeing us humiliated.

Genuinely perplexed at it (and angry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.