Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't expecting us to win the Champions League but I was expecting us to be more competitive. There is still time for Pellegrini to rectify the problems and we can still qualify out of the group.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
jimharri said:
I'd have chosen Mourinho over MP any day of the week. Yes; he's a ****.

A **** who knows how to win trophies, including two CL titles with two different clubs.

Not suggesting they didn't want JM but they have both been incredibly effusive about Pellegrini, praising his sophisticated tactics, no nonsence press interviews and so on. After this it would be normal to have doubts.

I'm a long long long way from thinking the club have made a mistake in appointing Pellegrini. Tonight we saw how far off the best team in Europe we are. Sobering ? Definitely. But nothing else.
A long long long way you say?

Completely unacceptable from Pellegrini.

I'm not saying that had we played the right formation and personnel tonight that we would have won that game, but at least it may have given us a chance. However we lost that game when the team sheet was handed in before the match, or even for the past few days if he's been preparing them to play this formation in training. Dreadful dreadful coaching. I don't know whether to be angry with him or feel sorry for him. I certainly felt sorry for the lads on the pitch because what could they do?

With the ball Bayern played a 3-7 / 3-2-5 formation; the two centre-halves split and Lahm sat between them, the two full back pushed forward and Schweinsteiger Müller Kroos Robben and Ribery interchanged around the midfield - they didn't play with a striker:
------------------------Neuer---------------------
----------Boateng-----Lahm-----Dante----------
Rafinha--------------------------------------Alaba
Robben--Kroos--Schweinsteiger--Muller--Ribery

And we played 442, giving them between 2 and 4 free men with all the time and space in the world. You could have got a kid from the local primary school to work out that was wrong. Yet it took him until the 70th minute to change it.

Awful

Unacceptable

Yes, they are the best team in the world; yes, they are on another plant to us...but that makes it worse! The space they had for 70minutes was criminal!

I really want to give Pellegrini some time and see him trough his time with us without calling for his head - and I won't - but I'm sure as fuck don't want to see that level of tactical ineptness from him again!

-5/10!

The result tonight was totally his doing, the team looked clueless from the start like they did not have a clue what was going on, it was a shambles from the kick off, we have some excellent players in that team

He has got a few games to turn it around, and they are all difficult games he better get his finger out and start working for his money

rastus said:
cookster said:
“I think the three substitutes did very well and we changed a little more than that. In the last 15/20 minutes we were better,” the boss stated.

Well why didn't you make them earlier FFS
Why didnt he start like that given our recent results/ performances
He said Silva couldn't play more than 20 minutes and he was the main game changer when he came on.

I still think if Pellers thought this, even Milner or Garcia for Dzeko could have helped...but not like Silva.

Ducado said:
The result tonight was totally his doing, the team looked clueless from the start like they did not have a clue what was going on, it was a shambles from the kick off, we have some excellent players in that team

He has got a few games to turn it around, and they are all difficult games he better get his finger out and start working for his money

If it doesn't work out What then ? Have a punt on di canio

Caveman said:
Completely unacceptable from Pellegrini.

I'm not saying that had we played the right formation and personnel tonight that we would have won that game, but at least it may have given us a chance. However we lost that game when the team sheet was handed in before the match, or even for the past few days if he's been preparing them to play this formation in training. Dreadful dreadful coaching. I don't know whether to be angry with him or feel sorry for him. I certainly felt sorry for the lads on the pitch because what could they do?

With the ball Bayern played a 3-7 / 3-2-5 formation; the two centre-halves split and Lahm sat between them, the two full back pushed forward and Schweinsteiger Müller Kroos Robben and Ribery interchanged around the midfield - they didn't play with a striker:
------------------------Neuer---------------------
----------Boateng-----Lahm-----Dante----------
Rafinha--------------------------------------Alaba
Robben--Kroos--Schweinsteiger--Muller--Ribery

And we played 442, giving them between 2 and 4 free men with all the time and space in the world. You could have got a kid from the local primary school to work out that was wrong. Yet it took him until the 70th minute to change it.

Awful

Unacceptable

Yes, they are the best team in the world; yes, they are on another plant to us...but that makes it worse! The space they had for 70minutes was criminal!

I really want to give Pellegrini some time and see him trough his time with us without calling for his head - and I won't - but I'm sure as fuck don't want to see that level of tactical ineptness from him again!

-5/10!
Funny your name suits your post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.