Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jake28 said:
CityForever45 said:
What' s to discuss ? Nothing ! He is a mediocre manager that should have never been hired to replace a legend like Mancini. But the ones to blame are the Spanish duo, this club has gone downhill since they joined.

In Txiki and Ferran we trust...Saw that line daily on here throughout the summer. They are only here to line their own pockets,like most of the playing staff. All this to replace a manager who actually really cared.
Do be fair everyone at the club is only their to line their own pocket. Only person I see not is Kiddo.<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:41 pm --<br /><br />
jake28 said:
CityForever45 said:
What' s to discuss ? Nothing ! He is a mediocre manager that should have never been hired to replace a legend like Mancini. But the ones to blame are the Spanish duo, this club has gone downhill since they joined.

In Txiki and Ferran we trust...Saw that line daily on here throughout the summer. They are only here to line their own pockets,like most of the playing staff. All this to replace a manager who actually really cared.
Do be fair everyone at the club is only their to line their own pocket. Only person I see not is Kiddo.

jimharri said:
taconinja said:
MCC said:
To be fair they both wanted mourinho iirc.
I may be mistaken about Billy, but my recollection is that Dave and I wanted Mourinho. Honestly it's notable as we don't tend to agree. Billy doesn't like Mourinho at all if I remember correctly.
I'd have chosen Mourinho over MP any day of the week. Yes; he's a ****.

A **** who knows how to win trophies, including two CL titles with two different clubs.

Not suggesting they didn't want JM but they have both been incredibly effusive about Pellegrini, praising his sophisticated tactics, no nonsence press interviews and so on. After this it would be normal to have doubts.

robbieh said:
jimharri said:
taconinja said:
I may be mistaken about Billy, but my recollection is that Dave and I wanted Mourinho. Honestly it's notable as we don't tend to agree. Billy doesn't like Mourinho at all if I remember correctly.

A **** who knows how to win trophies, including two CL titles with two different clubs.

Not suggesting they didn't want JM but they have both been incredibly effusive about Pellegrini, praising his sophisticated tactics, no nonsence press interviews and so on. After this it would be normal to have doubts.

I'm a long long long way from thinking the club have made a mistake in appointing Pellegrini. Tonight we saw how far off the best team in Europe we are. Sobering ? Definitely. But nothing else.

Just listened to his answer to Geoff Shreeves pointed 'why didn't you change the tactics' question.

Utter waffle.

The South Stand isn't exactly a haven for intellectuals or football geniuses, but the main topic of conversation inside the first twenty minute was that we needed another man in midfield because we were obviously set up wrong. But the change didn't come.

Concerned.

I didn't expect any points tonight but I didn't expect a humiliation either.
My opinion of MP hasn't changed from preseason. I hope it does soon or this season will be a write off.

I don't lay any blame at his door though. Our problem is further up and started when we won the league.

After 25 minutes I said to my mate and the bloke next to me that we had to bring an extra midfielder on or we'd get battered. It took Pellegrini 75 minutes and we were 3-0 down and dead and buried.

The most worrying thing for me is that Guardiola said in his pre-match interview that he "admires" that all of Pellegrini's teams play in exactly the same shape for the last 10 years. The guy seems incapable of change, and it hands a huge advantage to our opposition in the lead up to games.

Of course he needs time, but the more I see from him and the more I learn about him, the more I think he is completely out of his depth. As another has said, he's a South American Kevin Keegan. Nice guy but astonishingly naive.

BillyShears said:
robbieh said:
jimharri said:

I'm a long long long way from thinking the club have made a mistake in appointing Pellegrini. Tonight we saw how far off the best team in Europe we are. Sobering ? Definitely. But nothing else.
I have to be fair in my assessment that if you or I (and a lot of others here) had seen the sheer tactical inflexibility last season, one of us at least would have had a stroke. And we can't assign it to a learning curve. The manager is intimately familiar with Guardiola and his style.

Fucking joke!!

I'm sick to death of this thread, lock the fucking thing.

We have just been beaten by a team who thrashed Barcelona 7-0 on aggregate last season, they are the fucking champions of Europe, they made us look shit yeah but that was more about our tactics. Yeah it was down to the manager but ffs it's going to take time. I'm fully behind Pellegrini and he needs time to adapt his team, the best make mistakes, he will learn.

Grow the fuck up!!!

cookster said:
“I think the three substitutes did very well and we changed a little more than that. In the last 15/20 minutes we were better,” the boss stated.

Well why didn't you make them earlier FFS
Why didnt he start like that given our recent results/ performances

I'm pretty sure we just played the team that reached three of the last four Champions League finals.

I'm also pretty sure they are managed by the guy who took Barca to two finals in which he pretty much humiliated Man United.

We were well beaten today, but it's not as if we were played off the park by a League One side is it?

Let's see where we are by Xmas - once the league has settled and we've played a few easier CL games, I'm confident we'll look back at this result as a blip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.