Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before the premier league fixtures were very kind to Pelle.

To be outside the top four at this stage having spent 100 mill adding to the squad is scandalous.

He needs to make some swift improvements to come close to convincing me.

Milner should be starting every game at the mo - at least you know you'll get 110 %.

I'd be playing him in the centre alongside Yaya and ferdi and start playing 433

Danamy said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Danamy said:
What I'm finding hard to get my head around and I've said this a number of times already this season is his persistence with 4-4-2?

He favoured 4-2-3-1 with Malaga, we have the personnel here to play that system, so why the change?

I only watched a couple of Malaga games when it became clear he would be coming to us. They played 442 on both occasions. We've also heard Pep say he admires the fact the he has played 442 for 10 years.

Better get used to it. I bet every prem manager is boning up on how to over run our 2 man midfield.

I disagree:

malaga-vs-fcb-130113.jpg

JDqtqgd.jpg

Like this?

Manchester-City-formation-tactics.png

I can only comment on what I saw but for what it's worth I think your tactic can only be better than what we've seen so far. I don't think Fernandinho is up to it though.

Jumanji said:
Didsbury Dave said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Said my piece on gmr..not repeating it on here.
What a complete and utter mess the club have made.fuck all to do with previous regime but pellegtini imo
Is well out of his depth.
Hart..drop him asap.
Dzeko..sell him asap.

Dont mind losing but the lack of desire tonight is frightening it reaaly is..not to worry hey cos the players will get there cuddles..players step over the line but the manager picks the team..tactics and dress it up all you like ..he got it wrong.
Knew it was you as soon as you came on gmr, fella. Just listened in the car. Nice rant. Thought you were going to do yourself a mischief ;-)

Wasn't lack of desire for me tonight, although there were some bad errors made. It was a systemic fault which was obvious from five minutes in. Silva should have been on for Nasri to keep the ball, negredo should have been on for dzeko to give us an outlet ball when they did press us, and Milner should have been on for navas or Sergio to shore up the midfield.

I've never seen a game where the changes were so obvious from so early on.

I think the manager took that pragmatic 'I will give it until 60 minutes to improve" stance and in this instance it was a bad call. When he finally did make those changes we started to play.

I'm not panicking but I hope he's learnt a few lessons tonight: hart needs dropping,silva is miles better than Nasri , negredo is a much better option than dzeko and the fernandinho/ yaya central partnership is not looking like its going to work consistently. Ultimately, when the dust settles its not a game we needed to win, and the are probably the best side I have ever seen in the flesh.

But we could have made it such a different game.
That wouldn't have helped much. We'd still be outnumbered against Bayern's midfield 4 (Muller false 9).

Pellegrini in the post match said Silva couldn't play more than 20.

Negredo for Dzeko is an interesting...even keeping the 442 because Negredo would drop deep and Harry the opposition unlike Dzeko. He would have also held the ball better.

Perhaps the 442 could have worked if Negredo started and Hart didn't ruin the game.
I take all those points, mate. And I also agree that despite their possession, hart gifted them the lead and the impetus. To change negredo for dzeko early would, in some ways, be an acceptance that their pressing and possession game means we would be forced to go long at times. But his holdup and link play would have potentially got silva in the game and got us more possession.

It's easy in hindsight I know, and you could argue that we start the second half a fair bit better than the first. Also, the subs were being readied at 1-0 but suddenly they scored, kept the ball for about 150 passesthen scored again, and suddenly the game was lost and the clock had marched on ten minutes.

NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.
Bayern are on a different planet to Utd.

But Utd would have given a better account against them than we did tonight

We bottled it again! Inevitable until we get some wins under our belt at this level

The players were a disgrace today but Pellegrini is in no light here, he got it massively wrong going 2 in midfield against Bayern's 3, plus playing Dzeko over Negredo, why?

If it wasn't for United's start, Pellegrini would be getting battered by the media in this country!

BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the
I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.

The early goal changed the complexion of the contest for me. It gave Bayern that extra yard in their head's so to speak. Their ball retention was unbelievable after that. At one point it looked like a carbon copy of Mourinho's early Classico's against Pep.

I realise that a lot will be made of the fact we didn't play with an extra man in midfield, but people are kidding themselves if they think it would've changed the result. Bayern were two steps above us in their play tonight.

Rubbish mate. He's spent 80 million so they shouldn't be so far ahead of us. They certainly weren't two years ago when Mancini was in charge. All your crap about us needing this guy to take the next step in Europe was embarrassing at the time even more so after the start he's made to the season!! Tonight was a lesson but minimum we could have matched their effort and formation he couldn't even get us to achieve that.

Despite my frustration with the officials and in particular the linesman where we were sat, it didn't make a blind bit of difference. We got a right taytering tonight no question about it. They were a different class, a great side.

It was completely obvious to everybody sat where I am we needed the extra man in midfield, their one touch passing was sublime at times and they very rarely gave he ball away. even on the rare occasion they made a mistake we couldn't get anywhere near them.

The jury is out for me on the manager, we are shipping goals at the moment and he needs to sort it quickly before we find ourselves off the pace in the league. On tonight's evidence we are nowhere near good enough for the Chumps league.

NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:

United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.
isco, pepe, but pellers is a cl master

onceabluealways said:
I've said it before the premier league fixtures were very kind to Pelle.

To be outside the top four at this stage having spent 100 mill adding to the squad is scandalous.

He needs to make some swift improvements to come close to convincing me.

Milner should be starting every game at the mo - at least you know you'll get 110 %.

I'd be playing him in the centre alongside Yaya and ferdi and start playing 433
Half a new team, and a new manager and you are expecting us to click straight away

Ignore tonight. If your goalkeeper concedes a ridiculous goal against the best team in the world after 5 minutes, you will get thrashed. Our task is to win the League and get out of our Group. I believe we will do both

We need to show some desire for the game week after week after week

And We will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.