Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
But we could have made it such a different game.

I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.

The early goal changed the complexion of the contest for me. It gave Bayern that extra yard in their head's so to speak. Their ball retention was unbelievable after that. At one point it looked like a carbon copy of Mourinho's early Classico's against Pep.

I realise that a lot will be made of the fact we didn't play with an extra man in midfield, but people are kidding themselves if they think it would've changed the result. Bayern were two steps above us in their play tonight.

Bayern were phenomenal but I didn't expect the gap to be so wide, nor did Robben.

Pellegrini very slow to react to tactical mistakes.

Not going well so far. Early days.

Gelsons Dad said:
Danamy said:
What I'm finding hard to get my head around and I've said this a number of times already this season is his persistence with 4-4-2?

He favoured 4-2-3-1 with Malaga, we have the personnel here to play that system, so why the change?

I only watched a couple of Malaga games when it became clear he would be coming to us. They played 442 on both occasions. We've also heard Pep say he admires the fact the he has played 442 for 10 years.

Better get used to it. I bet every prem manager is boning up on how to over run our 2 man midfield.

I disagree:

malaga-vs-fcb-130113.jpg

JDqtqgd.jpg

Like this?

Manchester-City-formation-tactics.png

Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,
We dominated them because they're highly overrated.

Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Didsbury Dave said:

United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --<br /><br />
bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
But we could have made it such a different game.

I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.
I'm just disappointed that we didn't give ourselves a chance and yet again we bottled it in Europe

The start of the 2nd half showed that we could compete and that Pellegrini was probably very very disappointed with our workrate in the 1st half. We were all over them for the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half, but the early goal in each half killed us

They are the best team I have seen, but they didn't have to do much to beat us. We folded again

Had enough of Dzeko. He's not good enough, and he's not hungry enough so let's just drop him and play Negredo and use Lopes as back up. If he sulks then he sulks. But he can't be trusted

We can't waste more of this season

I was glad I went tonight just to see their players. I can say that I have seen one of the great teams, but true to City in Europe they didn't have to do anything special to win

Where would you put Robben in the standings of World players? Better than Ronaldo in my eyes, because he always delivers in the biggest of games

BillyShears said:
I see the luddites are still banging the "grit and determination" drum.
Bore off will you. You're neither interesting enough nor important enough to be giving it the big one in this thread after the bullshit you talked for three and half years.

You certainly won't get me giving it the "Pellegrini OUT" shit none stop for years on end. But soup it up any way you want, try and play the Bayern are too good for us card, but that tonight was tactical ineptness. That's what many are concerned about, not whether we're going to see you a bit upset, but concerned about that level of coaching for our club.

Blue Smarties said:
Well, well, well, where's this heading then? After the Stoke game we were told to wait a few weeks and we'll see a click. I am not sold on this 'wait until it clicks', so far I'm seeing an old man who doesn't have the balls to make big decisions and panders to players when they need to be told they're playing shit. Sacking Mancini was the worst decision our club has made in recent years.

100% agree. Don't know why pellegrini didn't react when it was clear they had the ball all the time. He needs to be ruthless if it isn't going well not dither. It was only 1-0 at halftime why couldn't we take off dzeko for Milner then but nasri as the extra midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.