Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
I'm not so sure ... maybe we wouldn't have been overrun so much - but fuck it ... sometimes you have to hold your hands up ... we could've played with six in midfield tonight and we'd have still gotten our arses handed to us. Bayern were fucking spectacular. Bang up for it ... and the early goal was really all they needed to make it impossible for us.

That's not say that Pellegrini didn't fuck up ... he should've changed things at half time ... but really, even if he had, Bayern had another gear. Of that I'm sure.
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

I'm not heartbroken but I want to see the manager respond to this.

The early goal changed the complexion of the contest for me. It gave Bayern that extra yard in their head's so to speak. Their ball retention was unbelievable after that. At one point it looked like a carbon copy of Mourinho's early Classico's against Pep.

I realise that a lot will be made of the fact we didn't play with an extra man in midfield, but people are kidding themselves if they think it would've changed the result. Bayern were two steps above us in their play tonight.

Spot on.

Imo they could have given us 12 men and let us have a 4-3-2-2 and we would still have lost. They were simply that good. They have balance in abundance, way more than the great Barca side we have seen and still compete (with a weak backline).

Bayern were phenomenal. They exposed us imo. Fair play to them, I diff my cap and wish them we even though I dislike them as a club I still respect them. Pep will come out of this smelling of roses, great timing for a new job by going to the only club in the world with a better squad than Barca

rastus said:
NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

United aren't the target for me mate. Bayern are. The best should always be.

We beat Unites but not 'fodder'.

Pellegrini imo is getting the crashcourse in English football.

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

-- Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:33 pm --

bondsman said:
It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Same United that won last season's league?

Hyperbole.
isco, pepe, but pellers is a cl master

Incorrect. Not the same united no fergie no rvp, vidic and Ferdinand a year older. No scholes. So no dd not the same at all mate.

NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:
All this talk about ditching 442 is wide of the mark for me. That system, or a slight variant with fernandinho deep, totally dominated man united 10 days ago.

But we need to cut our cloth In certain games just to give our attackers a platform. Tonight was one of those games,

I wanted Jose but mainly change. I think Pellegrini will be goos for us but only if HE adapts.

As for the fool who said our summer buys are poor. GTFOOH. We had the best window in Europe bar Madrid!

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:

It dominated the worst utd side for 20 years who also lost at home to west brom. That puts that win in context. We couldn't compete tonight and he didn't even now how to give is a chance to do so.

Hyperbole.
I agree that bayern are the target, and despite them outclassing us tonight, I still believe that man for man we aren't far away. But boy are they a unified team, something we have to become.

I still think we will do. But we do need to get the blend right.

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Oh, they were good, mate. Really fucking good. Best team I've ever seen in the flesh. As you say, the early goal was disastrous. The crowd went flat, our heads went down, we let them impose themselves all over us. Players started making mistakes, we gave them acres of room in the wide areas.

The early goal changed the complexion of the contest for me. It gave Bayern that extra yard in their head's so to speak. Their ball retention was unbelievable after that. At one point it looked like a carbon copy of Mourinho's early Classico's against Pep.

I realise that a lot will be made of the fact we didn't play with an extra man in midfield, but people are kidding themselves if they think it would've changed the result. Bayern were two steps above us in their play tonight.

Spot on.

Imo they could have given us 12 men and let us have a 4-3-2-2 and we would still have lost. They were simply that good. They have balance in abundance, way more than the great Barca side we have seen and still compete (with a weak backline).

Bayern were phenomenal. They exposed us imo. Fair play to them, I diff my cap and wish them we even though I dislike them as a club I still respect them. Pep will come out of this smelling of roses, great timing for a new job by going to the only club in the world with a better squad than Barca
Phew thats ok then

A thoroughly disappointing and unenjoyable night, where we were totally played off the park by a truly imperious team.

We were playing like a Championship team for much of that game in terms of the style of football, which is baffling and frustrating in equal measure.

Driving away from the ground me and my mate couldn't think of a single City player who played well who was on the pitch for more than 25 minutes.

Still far, far too early to judge Pellegrini though.

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Spot on.

You three Mancini outers in unison surprise surprise. Have any of you ever played I wonder cos some of the drivel you come out with makes me question if the three of you could fill a postage stamp with footballing knowledge

NipHolmes said:
BillyShears said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Spot on.

But I still can't forgive City conceding soft goals in Europe

You can't give teams like that anything but we play like mugs in Europe

We have a team of bottlers. ANd they'll keep bottling it until they convince themselves they belong

It's like a weightlifter who fails at his maximum lift. It's negative reinforcement and every time we play a big game in Europe we play with indecision and doubt clouding everything we do

We wont see progress in Europe until we somehow eke our way out of the Group and then the next step will be beating a Barcelona. When we do that then we will compete effectively

It's not Mancini or Pellegrini tactics. It's demons in heads

gordondaviesmoustache said:
A thoroughly disappointing and unenjoyable night, where we were totally played off the park by a truly imperious team.

We were playing like a Championship team for much of that game in terms of the style of football, which is baffling and frustrating in equal measure.

Driving away from the ground me and my mate couldn't think of a single City player who played well who was on the pitch for more than 25 minutes.

Still far, far too early to judge Pellegrini though.
Bayern didn't have to break sweat and yet another big game in Europe sees City play way below par.

It seems to get worse rather than better

Yet maybe we have a lifeline, because going off the scoreline in Russia, CSKA Moscow don't sound too great

Surely we can beat them?

Didsbury Dave said:
NipHolmes said:
Didsbury Dave said:

bondsman said:

Hyperbole.
I agree that bayern are the target, and despite them outclassing us tonight, I still believe that man for man we aren't far away. But boy are they a unified team, something we have to become.

I still think we will do. But we do need to get the blend right.

With the greatest respect mate, we are a million miles behind the likes of Munich right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.