Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueinsa said:
As for Silva, if he only had 20 mins in him then surely its not the right game for him to make his comeback in?
Obviously not. Assists, hits the bar, and held the ball in his cameo....

Jumanji said:
blueinsa said:
As for Silva, if he only had 20 mins in him then surely its not the right game for him to make his comeback in?
Obviously not. Assists, hits the bar, and held the ball in his cameo....

I say it because of the absolute quality of the opposition and knowing you need everyone at it for 90 mins and 100% fighting fit.

Merlins quality is not for debate, his fitness last night and the decision to not bolster the midfield earlier and use the excuse that he only had 20 mins in him whist we had other options on the bench most certainly is.

Alex why are you talking about the team like this?

You have a gripe with manager and players. Why? Because they outlived Mancini? The same great manager that wasn't even an option for PSG who went with untested Blanc, and he's gone on to lead Galatasaray, massive.

Bayern slaughtered Barca 7-0, won a treble and strengthened. Their team is used to each other and they are a well balanced and cohesive unit. We are 12 months playing together off even competing evenly with them. Imo we need a true LW like Arda Turan. That aside I'm proud of City because so far we have blown hot and cold but still performed well. You can see what's starting to form and we will only get better.

Up to you what you say but I really do suggest gaining some perspective and having more optimism. You almost seem eager for us to fail to be deemed correct in your stance on manager and 'weak players'. Once we progress from CL groups then that's that. After that it's only fair to judge the league campaign once the outcome is clearer.

It's premature anf awfully negative at best. We win Pilzen and the two games v CSKA and we have 12 pts regardless of Bayern away. Had you offered me that in the summer I'd have bitten your hand off.

Berkovic_blue said:
NipHolmes said:
ballinio said:
Think you got it,sooner he`s gone the better, a Mr nice guy who the players are taking the piss out of .

96 pts in debut season at Madrid.

He a NEW Mr Nice Guy. Don't think he knows his best formation or starting eleven yet and already clowns like you writing him off.

Fuck this. I'm logging off. Absolutely pathetic on here recently. Hang your fucking heads in shame some of you and get ask for some perspective from Santa on your Xmas lists.

He should do, he plays the same one every game

The TEAMS best formation.

His favoured formation is 4-2-2-2 but it's not imo the best for us and 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-2-1 is.

NipHolmes said:

You have a gripe with manager and players. Why? Because they outlived Mancini? The same great manager that wasn't even an option for PSG who went with untested Blanc, and he's gone on to lead Galatasaray, massive.

Bayern slaughtered Barca 7-0, won a treble and strengthened. Their team is used to each other and they are a well balanced and cohesive unit. We are 12 months playing together off even competing evenly with them. Imo we need a true LW like Arda Turan. That aside I'm proud of City because so far we have blown hot and cold but still performed well. You can see what's starting to form and we will only get better.

Up to you what you say but I really do suggest gaining some perspective and having more optimism. You almost seem eager for us to fail to be deemed correct in your stance on manager and 'weak players'. Once we progress from CL groups then that's that. After that it's only fair to judge the league campaign once the outcome is clearer.

It's premature anf awfully negative at best. We win Pilzen and the two games v CSKA and we have 12 pts regardless of Bayern away. Had you offered me that in the summer I'd have bitten your hand off.

Ah, the support the team card.
Sorry Nip but a brain fart is a brain fart and Pellegrini had one last night.
For sure we probably wouldn't have won if we had tried something different, but it's looking to me that the new Emperor's clothes are becoming less opaque every day. Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

BlueAnorak said:
Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

Now you know me ... I think we're going to win the league this season with Pellegrini in charge. But i'm curious ... lets say your prognosis is correct ... what then ? Mancini isn't coming back. When I look around Europe I don't see a litany of managers who will be available. Strikes me we've made a call on a manager and we need to (and will IMO) give him two seasons.

BillyShears said:
BlueAnorak said:
Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

Now you know me ... I think we're going to win the league this season with Pellegrini in charge. But i'm curious ... lets say your prognosis is correct ... what then ? Mancini isn't coming back. When I look around Europe I don't see a litany of managers who will be available. Strikes me we've made a call on a manager and we need to (and will IMO) give him two seasons.
better than the two minutes you gave Mancini Billy ;-)

NipHolmes said:

Nip-As I have said and said last night...This isn't about Mancini anymore but IMO the club has made a huge error in the appointment of Pellegrini.I will be proven right or wrong in the coming weeks/months
Just an opinion but I want to be proven wrong. No improvement at all at the moment.CSKA will be so fired up for it against us.
We have a lot of weak players.Mentally weak.
They shit out after that first goal went in.I do not mind being beaten but being beaten with a lack of desire,effort is pretty fucking galling mate.
Saturday is another day.I want a reaction.Silva,Milner to start for me.
Why did he just not start with the same team that had beaten united???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.