Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wayne71 said:
M18CTID said:
I can't believe people are calling for Pellegrini's head already. We had all this shit the other week after the goalless draw at Stoke. No doubt he could have set the team up differently last night and we might have put in a better performance but let's not forget that we were playing the treble-winning European champions who were insanely good last season and have since inherited Guardiola as manager. Fuck me, Bayern did Barca 7-0 over 2 legs last season so they were making mugs of better sides than us even before Pep pitched up there.

As I said, there are some things Pellegrini ought to have done differently last night but to say he's out of his depth and hasn't got a clue is complete bollocks. This is a coach that has gained a fantastic reputation in Spain down the years and based on all those plaudits I for one have faith that he'll come good. Of course, I appreciate that the nature of the game these days means he hasn't got a great deal of time to iron out any flaws but I'm fucked if I'm chucking in the towel yet.

Juande Ramos and Phil Scholari both came with fantastic reputations, it means nothing. As I said on here before a ball was even kicked, we will win fuck all with Pellegrini. We will see some entertaining games though.

For every Ramos and Scolari there's an Ancelotti or Hiddink.

M18CTID said:
I can't believe people are calling for Pellegrini's head already. We had all this shit the other week after the goalless draw at Stoke. No doubt he could have set the team up differently last night and we might have put in a better performance but let's not forget that we were playing the treble-winning European champions who were insanely good last season and have since inherited Guardiola as manager. Fuck me, Bayern did Barca 7-0 over 2 legs last season so they were making mugs of better sides than us even before Pep pitched up there.

As I said, there are some things Pellegrini ought to have done differently last night but to say he's out of his depth and hasn't got a clue is complete bollocks. This is a coach that has gained a fantastic reputation in Spain down the years and based on all those plaudits I for one have faith that he'll come good. Of course, I appreciate that the nature of the game these days means he hasn't got a great deal of time to iron out any flaws but I'm fucked if I'm chucking in the towel yet.

the opposition is to an extent irrelevant, we are lauded as one of the top clubs in europe but we couldnt compete, we should not be losing in that manner to any team, no matter how good, they are the benchmark for us and we were shown to be severely lacking.

the reason fans are calling for his head is because it's quite obvious he is not the man for the job. no so much that he is out of his depth, he may well be a good coach but not for us.

he has won nothing, his greatest achievement is to get malaga out of the group stages in the champions league, that is hardly a successful record.

why would he suddenly bring success to city having failed to do so everywhere else he has managed ? what has changed ? nothing.

consider the signings, and dont give me any flannel about taking time to settle, fernandinho is brazillian, always a mistake to sign one of them. navas is fast but cant go past anyone, and too lightweight. jovetic is decent skill wise but too lightweight, have seen him in italy many times. negredo looks good. thats 3 out of 4 who have not enhanced the team, in fact they have taken us backwards as they have not effectively replaced the players they were brought in to replace and that is the fault of the manager.

so we are tactically unaware, with poor signings, that's down to the manager, no one else. that's why he carries the can for failure to acheive, perhaps give him a little more time, it's only fair, you never know but he is going to find it very tough indeed to make a success out of city.

I'm sure it has already been mentioned but Pelligrini did not have a good night last night. I'm not fan of 4-4-2 at the best of times and certainly in games last night it is asking for trouble. It reminded me of Moyes doing the same thing against us whilst we romped all over them; I pissed myself at his stupidity...

That said, we were up against the best team in Europe by an absolute mile.If that Barca team of a couple of years ago was the best ever, then this Bayern side has to be pretty close, especially now they are playing the old Barca 6 second rule too. We'll still qualify from the group but I hope Pelligrini learned something last night.

M18CTID said:

Stop talking sense.

NipHolmes said:
The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
You know what's hilarious. The fact that the 'support your team' card was rammed down my bloody neck for last season.

The difference is last season was the same set of players in the first eleven the majority of the time. Now it's a team with at least two new players and a completely different emphasis of attack and formation. Right now we have to support the team.

Ancelotti isn't ripping up trees with Real. Jose with Chelsea and Moyes with United. Should they all sack their managers or should they wait until at least Xmas to make a better informed decision/opinion?

Imho I would have gone all out for Jose. Imo he's the dogs bollocks and I feel we HAVE what we wants in a team. We have a tight backline (last two seasons), a solid midfield with powerful players and we have potent offensive options. Instead the club wanted a more harmonious manager and Pellegrini is a quality manager anyway. Not Jose level but the level below for sure.

I had people calling me all things under the sun for rating Wenger over Mancini. Imo he would have been even more ideal than Jose but totally opposite of what we are now. His team now top the table and are better performing than their talent level. Who looks daft now (TCM?).
You
Wengers won fuck all for 8 years
And i expect that trend to continue
And you really think mourinho would of been a yes man to the spanish pair?
As i told you back then it was always the chavs,we were never in for him.

I tried educating you about this last season and it was a brick wall.

Again, Arsenal bought a new stadium and gambled on a smaller budget until it was paid off. Chelsea and City came along (the latter becoming the major problem) and that's made them struggle as Kroenke does not want to spend. Usmanov does but is being kept out.

That is the sole reason. PSG want Wenger. Madrid wanted Wenger. There's a reason Mancini wasn't wanted by them.......... Galatasafuckingray.......

I guess Frank Ricard wasnt wanted by anyone either when he went to Galatasary aft building the barca side
Winning two la liga's,Champions league etc etc

You bring Mancini up in all your post,he's gone mate let it go.

NipHolmes said:
wayne71 said:
M18CTID said:

Juande Ramos and Phil Scholari both came with fantastic reputations, it means nothing. As I said on here before a ball was even kicked, we will win fuck all with Pellegrini. We will see some entertaining games though.

Just began October and his demise has already been predicted. Unbelievable.

Some really pessimistic people on here.

I wonder people say to their kids "Listen I know you're 8 but there's no point in you trying, you're clearly on a road to nowhere, especially with these Chinese being able to play 3 instruments and speak 4 languages, may as well pack it in trying".

October. October. October. Not even 3 full months in the job not has he got a fully fit squad and two of his 5 signings are coming back from injury yet people are already confident he's not for us. What a fucking joke.

NipHolmes said:
NipHolmes said:
wayne71 said:

I wonder people say to their kids "Listen I know you're 8 but there's no point in you trying, you're clearly on a road to nowhere, especially with these Chinese being able to play 3 instruments and speak 4 languages, may as well pack it in trying".

October. October. October. Not even 3 full months in the job not has he got a fully fit squad and two of his 5 signings are coming back from injury yet people are already confident he's not for us. What a fucking joke.

I personally would give him time but -

People who say he won't get better - awful, disgraceful

People who say he will obviously improve and be great for us -
Well reasoned and correct

... surely it's the same blind optimism/pessimism either way? He will get better is no more valid an argument than he won't.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
We played the reigning champions of Europe, now managed by the coach our hierarchy hoped would have been coaching City this season, and we got massacred, made to look like a bunch of schoolboys who had unexpectedly found themselves playing against real men, and given a real lesson they'll never forget. The team had a bad night collectively; Joe had the worst game he's ever had (and hopefully will ever have), Micah, Gael and the two CB's found any cross field ball too mysterious to deal with, our midfield four in permanent shock at being faced - again permanently - by five red shirts, so that they chased the ball like monkeys after a balloon as it moved from one "spare" opponent to another and then on to the destroyers in chief, Ribery and Robben. Sergio and Edin ran miles with no hope of ever getting the ball as our outnumbered midfield, always under pressure from the famous five, were reduced to playing a bad, long ball game, with all composure gone. Still, we can blame Edin, we can always blame Edin - some things never change.

But our worst performer was not on the pitch, but in the dugout - or rather the comfy seats which have taken its place. The man who is not Pep Guardiola. The man who improves every team he takes over. The man who gets the best out of every group of players he coaches. The man who plays exciting, attacking, possession football. The man who understands European football and will make City a real force in Europe. And, of course, the man who will always have a Plan B. Now, we on bluemoon are not football sophisticates but simple fans, yet even before the slaughter began, before a ball was kicked, even we feared that giving Munich a man advantage in the middle of the field was going to end in tears. After 10 minutes these fears were confirmed. For the next 35 minutes we wondered when the change would come. At half time it surely must, we were only 1-0 down, thank God! Half time came and went but we ploughed on with Plan A. Then it was 2-0. And 3-0. Two like for like changes and a third...And we actually had our first shot at goal - in the 78th minute. We did get a goal back, but only after Schweinsteiger and Robben had left the fray. How we had laughed at claims that United had dominated the last half hour against us! No point dominating a game you're losing 4-0 we jibed. Well, last night we got a kick with ten minutes left when we were 3-0 down. Looked OK in the last ten minutes, might even have given them a game if we'd played like that for 90 minutes, but at that stage it was way too little, way too late. And the manager's verdict? We played very badly: they played very well! Why hadn't he changed the shape of the team at any stage? Here his reply became totally incoherent and rambling - "We play a different way..." and then some incomprehensible nonsense!

the truth and from the heart

NipHolmes said:

I and a few others said it before he was even appointed, nothing to do with him only being in the job a few months. Nothings changed in 3 months for me, he is as I expected. We would have pissed the league this year had we stuck with Mancini.

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
BlueAnorak said:
Ah, the support the team card.
Sorry Nip but a brain fart is a brain fart and Pellegrini had one last night.
For sure we probably wouldn't have won if we had tried something different, but it's looking to me that the new Emperor's clothes are becoming less opaque every day. Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

You know what's hilarious. The fact that the 'support your team' card was rammed down my bloody neck for last season.

The difference is last season was the same set of players in the first eleven the majority of the time. Now it's a team with at least two new players and a completely different emphasis of attack and formation. Right now we have to support the team.

Ancelotti isn't ripping up trees with Real. Jose with Chelsea and Moyes with United. Should they all sack their managers or should they wait until at least Xmas to make a better informed decision/opinion?

Imho I would have gone all out for Jose. Imo he's the dogs bollocks and I feel we HAVE what we wants in a team. We have a tight backline (last two seasons), a solid midfield with powerful players and we have potent offensive options. Instead the club wanted a more harmonious manager and Pellegrini is a quality manager anyway. Not Jose level but the level below for sure.

I had people calling me all things under the sun for rating Wenger over Mancini. Imo he would have been even more ideal than Jose but totally opposite of what we are now. His team now top the table and are better performing than their talent level. Who looks daft now (TCM?).
You
Wengers won fuck all for 8 years
And i expect that trend to continue
And you really think mourinho would of been a yes man to the spanish pair?
As i told you back then it was always the chavs,we were never in for him.
Arsenal are top only because of an underachieving Manchester City snatching two defeats from the jaws of victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.