Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
NipHolmes said:
Alex why are you talking about the team like this?

You have a gripe with manager and players. Why? Because they outlived Mancini? The same great manager that wasn't even an option for PSG who went with untested Blanc, and he's gone on to lead Galatasaray, massive.

Bayern slaughtered Barca 7-0, won a treble and strengthened. Their team is used to each other and they are a well balanced and cohesive unit. We are 12 months playing together off even competing evenly with them. Imo we need a true LW like Arda Turan. That aside I'm proud of City because so far we have blown hot and cold but still performed well. You can see what's starting to form and we will only get better.

Up to you what you say but I really do suggest gaining some perspective and having more optimism. You almost seem eager for us to fail to be deemed correct in your stance on manager and 'weak players'. Once we progress from CL groups then that's that. After that it's only fair to judge the league campaign once the outcome is clearer.

It's premature anf awfully negative at best. We win Pilzen and the two games v CSKA and we have 12 pts regardless of Bayern away. Had you offered me that in the summer I'd have bitten your hand off.

Ah, the support the team card.
Sorry Nip but a brain fart is a brain fart and Pellegrini had one last night.
For sure we probably wouldn't have won if we had tried something different, but it's looking to me that the new Emperor's clothes are becoming less opaque every day. Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

You know what's hilarious. The fact that the 'support your team' card was rammed down my bloody neck for last season.

The difference is last season was the same set of players in the first eleven the majority of the time. Now it's a team with at least two new players and a completely different emphasis of attack and formation. Right now we have to support the team.

Ancelotti isn't ripping up trees with Real. Jose with Chelsea and Moyes with United. Should they all sack their managers or should they wait until at least Xmas to make a better informed decision/opinion?

Imho I would have gone all out for Jose. Imo he's the dogs bollocks and I feel we HAVE what we wants in a team. We have a tight backline (last two seasons), a solid midfield with powerful players and we have potent offensive options. Instead the club wanted a more harmonious manager and Pellegrini is a quality manager anyway. Not Jose level but the level below for sure.

I had people calling me all things under the sun for rating Wenger over Mancini. Imo he would have been even more ideal than Jose but totally opposite of what we are now. His team now top the table and are better performing than their talent level. Who looks daft now (TCM?).

I can't believe people are calling for Pellegrini's head already. We had all this shit the other week after the goalless draw at Stoke. No doubt he could have set the team up differently last night and we might have put in a better performance but let's not forget that we were playing the treble-winning European champions who were insanely good last season and have since inherited Guardiola as manager. Fuck me, Bayern did Barca 7-0 over 2 legs last season so they were making mugs of better sides than us even before Pep pitched up there.

As I said, there are some things Pellegrini ought to have done differently last night but to say he's out of his depth and hasn't got a clue is complete bollocks. This is a coach that has gained a fantastic reputation in Spain down the years and based on all those plaudits I for one have faith that he'll come good. Of course, I appreciate that the nature of the game these days means he hasn't got a great deal of time to iron out any flaws but I'm fucked if I'm chucking in the towel yet.

M18CTID said:
I can't believe people are calling for Pellegrini's head already. We had all this shit the other week after the goalless draw at Stoke. No doubt he could have set the team up differently last night and we might have put in a better performance but let's not forget that we were playing the treble-winning European champions who were insanely good last season and have since inherited Guardiola as manager. Fuck me, Bayern did Barca 7-0 over 2 legs last season so they were making mugs of better sides than us even before Pep pitched up there.

As I said, there are some things Pellegrini ought to have done differently last night but to say he's out of his depth and hasn't got a clue is complete bollocks. This is a coach that has gained a fantastic reputation in Spain down the years and based on all those plaudits I for one have faith that he'll come good. Of course, I appreciate that the nature of the game these days means he hasn't got a great deal of time to iron out any flaws but I'm fucked if I'm chucking in the towel yet.
Well said mate.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
M18CTID said:

Well said mate.

Indeed

NipHolmes said:
BlueAnorak said:
NipHolmes said:

You have a gripe with manager and players. Why? Because they outlived Mancini? The same great manager that wasn't even an option for PSG who went with untested Blanc, and he's gone on to lead Galatasaray, massive.

Bayern slaughtered Barca 7-0, won a treble and strengthened. Their team is used to each other and they are a well balanced and cohesive unit. We are 12 months playing together off even competing evenly with them. Imo we need a true LW like Arda Turan. That aside I'm proud of City because so far we have blown hot and cold but still performed well. You can see what's starting to form and we will only get better.

Up to you what you say but I really do suggest gaining some perspective and having more optimism. You almost seem eager for us to fail to be deemed correct in your stance on manager and 'weak players'. Once we progress from CL groups then that's that. After that it's only fair to judge the league campaign once the outcome is clearer.

It's premature anf awfully negative at best. We win Pilzen and the two games v CSKA and we have 12 pts regardless of Bayern away. Had you offered me that in the summer I'd have bitten your hand off.

For sure we probably wouldn't have won if we had tried something different, but it's looking to me that the new Emperor's clothes are becoming less opaque every day. Scolari at Chelsea all over again.

You know what's hilarious. The fact that the 'support your team' card was rammed down my bloody neck for last season.

The difference is last season was the same set of players in the first eleven the majority of the time. Now it's a team with at least two new players and a completely different emphasis of attack and formation. Right now we have to support the team.

Ancelotti isn't ripping up trees with Real. Jose with Chelsea and Moyes with United. Should they all sack their managers or should they wait until at least Xmas to make a better informed decision/opinion?

Imho I would have gone all out for Jose. Imo he's the dogs bollocks and I feel we HAVE what we wants in a team. We have a tight backline (last two seasons), a solid midfield with powerful players and we have potent offensive options. Instead the club wanted a more harmonious manager and Pellegrini is a quality manager anyway. Not Jose level but the level below for sure.

I had people calling me all things under the sun for rating Wenger over Mancini. Imo he would have been even more ideal than Jose but totally opposite of what we are now. His team now top the table and are better performing than their talent level. Who looks daft now (TCM?).
You
Wengers won fuck all for 8 years
And i expect that trend to continue
And you really think mourinho would of been a yes man to the spanish pair?
As i told you back then it was always the chavs,we were never in for him.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
NipHolmes said:

Nip-As I have said and said last night...This isn't about Mancini anymore but IMO the club has made a huge error in the appointment of Pellegrini.I will be proven right or wrong in the coming weeks/months
Just an opinion but I want to be proven wrong. No improvement at all at the moment.CSKA will be so fired up for it against us.
We have a lot of weak players.Mentally weak.
They shit out after that first goal went in.I do not mind being beaten but being beaten with a lack of desire,effort is pretty fucking galling mate.
Saturday is another day.I want a reaction.Silva,Milner to start for me.
Why did he just not start with the same team that had beaten united???

Because it's clear that rotation is a bug issue. Moyes, Jose, Benitez and Wenger have all been hammered for it last season or this one.

I'm old school. Imo you start with the best team possible each game, fitness depending. RVP, Ronaldo, Messi etc all seem to prosper being played week in week out. For me Thats the way to go but sports science disagrees with me and burnout and injury inssies play a part.

I rate Dzeko, I think he's got a great shot and eye for goal but as far as I'm concerned he's not good enough to shoe in the team. Negredo and Aguero should be our first choice pairing.

I am keen on the club selling Dzeko in Jan and Kolarov or Clichy (Kolarov mainly) and buying Baines. Imo he would be vital for us. Yaya takes right foot free kicks and Baines left foot. We also then have a vital outlet on the left. He could even be utilised as a winger. I don like Turan too but he will cost more and isn't premierleague proven.

Back to topic. CSKA can be fired up, bell they can be doused in petrol and set alight and they still won't be hot enough to deny us group qualification imho. God forbid we do fail again then it's more than manager who need looking at and some key players should be shown the door too.

I am backing Hart and I rate him but somethings seriously wrong with him. He should choose his GK coach and work on weaknesses because of he's not careful he will be dropped in Jan and I genuinely believe this will happen. You look at our team and he's the major weakness right now and it's easy to fix. Their will be a spare Gk from Madrid soon, Begovic has a replacement already, Cesar needs a club and there are more options even after that. Hart Google not have timed this bad form any worse. Even Costel can nudge him out the way. If he cant handle it then he has to go because his of weak mentally. De Gea came on leaps and bounds for being dropped for Lindergaard and schooled in training. Seems to me Hart thinks he's the finished article and as a professional that's a cardinal sin, you can always play better and be fitter, always.

We played the reigning champions of Europe, now managed by the coach our hierarchy hoped would have been coaching City this season, and we got massacred, made to look like a bunch of schoolboys who had unexpectedly found themselves playing against real men, and given a real lesson they'll never forget. The team had a bad night collectively; Joe had the worst game he's ever had (and hopefully will ever have), Micah, Gael and the two CB's found any cross field ball too mysterious to deal with, our midfield four in permanent shock at being faced - again permanently - by five red shirts, so that they chased the ball like monkeys after a balloon as it moved from one "spare" opponent to another and then on to the destroyers in chief, Ribery and Robben. Sergio and Edin ran miles with no hope of ever getting the ball as our outnumbered midfield, always under pressure from the famous five, were reduced to playing a bad, long ball game, with all composure gone. Still, we can blame Edin, we can always blame Edin - some things never change.

But our worst performer was not on the pitch, but in the dugout - or rather the comfy seats which have taken its place. The man who is not Pep Guardiola. The man who improves every team he takes over. The man who gets the best out of every group of players he coaches. The man who plays exciting, attacking, possession football. The man who understands European football and will make City a real force in Europe. And, of course, the man who will always have a Plan B. Now, we on bluemoon are not football sophisticates but simple fans, yet even before the slaughter began, before a ball was kicked, even we feared that giving Munich a man advantage in the middle of the field was going to end in tears. After 10 minutes these fears were confirmed. For the next 35 minutes we wondered when the change would come. At half time it surely must, we were only 1-0 down, thank God! Half time came and went but we ploughed on with Plan A. Then it was 2-0. And 3-0. Two like for like changes and a third...And we actually had our first shot at goal - in the 78th minute. We did get a goal back, but only after Schweinsteiger and Robben had left the fray. How we had laughed at claims that United had dominated the last half hour against us! No point dominating a game you're losing 4-0 we jibed. Well, last night we got a kick with ten minutes left when we were 3-0 down. Looked OK in the last ten minutes, might even have given them a game if we'd played like that for 90 minutes, but at that stage it was way too little, way too late. And the manager's verdict? We played very badly: they played very well! Why hadn't he changed the shape of the team at any stage? Here his reply became totally incoherent and rambling - "We play a different way..." and then some incomprehensible nonsense!

The cookie monster said:
NipHolmes said:
BlueAnorak said:

You
Wengers won fuck all for 8 years
And i expect that trend to continue
And you really think mourinho would of been a yes man to the spanish pair?
As i told you back then it was always the chavs,we were never in for him.

I tried educating you about this last season and it was a brick wall.

Again, Arsenal bought a new stadium and gambled on a smaller budget until it was paid off. Chelsea and City came along (the latter becoming the major problem) and that's made them struggle as Kroenke does not want to spend. Usmanov does but is being kept out.

That is the sole reason. PSG want Wenger. Madrid wanted Wenger. There's a reason Mancini wasn't wanted by them.......... Galatasafuckingray.......

M18CTID said:

Juande Ramos and Phil Scholari both came with fantastic reputations, it means nothing. As I said on here before a ball was even kicked, we will win fuck all with Pellegrini. We will see some entertaining games though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.