Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The spanish mafia are quiet in all this.

I would love to know what they are thinking.

They will be held accountable as well should this all go tits up!

But this seems to be want you want, mate?

Despite the standard lip-service, we're all blues etc, wanting the best for the team...

The majority of your comments appear to carry a stench of still wanting to be proved right, and your bitterness Mancini was sacked.

There is certainly a lack of respect with how you preface Soriano and Begiristain.

Why would you expect a public utterance from a technical director and a bean counter?

The buck always stops with the manager, as it rightly did for Mancini, and will be for everyone who follows him, like him or not.

Wrong on just so many fronts!

SHB is a genuine blue - through and through. Like all of us on here he only wants what is best for the club and the team.
'Lack of Respect' for Soriano and Begiristain. Grow up! This is an Internet football forum after we have suffered one of the most comprehensive defeats in modern times.
The buck just doesn't stop with the manager now at MCFC. The DoF has to carry a large slice of responsibility for either success or failure on the pitch. Pelle is only the puppet. The DoF is the puppet master.
If you have not noticed the natives are restless. Very restless.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancity1 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Manuel has clearly not seen enough of Dzeko to realise Negredo should be starting in the majority of games now, certainly last night.

Don't think the result would have been much different last night if Mancini had held the reigns.

But I must admit to being a little concerned that Pellegrini would not rectify the glaring mis-matches as the game played out. Mancini was dogmatic, but he was quick to change things if needs be.

I watched Bayern against Arsenal at the Emirates last season and it was pretty much the same, completely schooled 'em.

What he needs to do now is keep an unchanged team for a few weeks, barring injury, and allow his ideas to be implemented.

It's a worrying state of play when I feel we are one good win or one bad win away from whatever direction the season will go.

Under Mancini I think we would have been played off the park with us keeping the defensive side of our game a bit more structured but when you look purely on the goals they were individual and team errors and when the keeper stops the shots Joe let in the others around him grow in confidence.

I am concerned about VK though , he ran alot more than he usually did last night and he didn't need to , I guess it was his way of joining in the ring a ring a rosy set up of Bayern's.

That's not leadership in fact its the opposite of leadership.

Despite their credentials and experience players look to leaders for inspiration and it can come in many forms.

VK hasn't shown it in the past two games at all.

We could rebound from setbacks in games gone by , we haven't this season at all and haven't looked like it.

Imagine what pressure will fall on VK and some of the other players if we fall behind against Everton.

We will be at our worst moments since the early days of the Hughes era I would suggest only with a side this time who have experienced success at the club.

Its times like these when true leadership is shown and whether you leaders have it or not.

Good post, we do lack a backbone in times of crisis on the field. We have yet to learn the art of hanging tough, or even damage limitation.

It's another tactical discussion, but Robben's comments tell you all you need to do to beat this City team.

Defend right from the front UP TO THE GOALKEEPER. Same with Dortmund last year, MAKE US kick the ball long from the goalkeeper.

Time and again, it happened last night. It allows well disciplined teams, whatever level (See where I am going, Sunderland, Everton etc) to jam in the full backs.

How many times did Neuer kick out of his hands last night?

This is the problem as I see it, it’s quite obvious what the problems are but how we resolve them I am just hoping that the shockwaves from last night reverberate throughout the whole of the club, and they wake up to the glaringly obvious problems

M24 Citizen said:
VK has been phenomenal since he came back. He made one mistake against Villa not anticipating the ball drop. VK would get in any team, including Bayerns. I feel he is a class above all our players, mostly down to his mental attitude, he has a true winner's mentality. There's not much you can do when your players are being dazzled by the opposition and run rings round.

I think Nastasic's form has dropped considerably in the last few games though, he has had some mares. Played bad against Villa and last night backed off way too much (lead to Robben's goal). You can't back off players like that as they will just take the piss. How many times do you see Kompany backing off players? Not often and not for long!

Bang on ... criticism of Vinny is wildly misplaced. Nasty does however look a yard off where he is when he's at his best, which is where he needs to be in games like last night.

Where's hgblue ... i need him to remind me of just how bad a fuck up it was for Txiki not to pay the money for Marquinhos, Pepe, or A N Other world class centre half this summer ... :)

BillyShears said:
M24 Citizen said:
VK has been phenomenal since he came back. He made one mistake against Villa not anticipating the ball drop. VK would get in any team, including Bayerns. I feel he is a class above all our players, mostly down to his mental attitude, he has a true winner's mentality. There's not much you can do when your players are being dazzled by the opposition and run rings round.

I think Nastasic's form has dropped considerably in the last few games though, he has had some mares. Played bad against Villa and last night backed off way too much (lead to Robben's goal). You can't back off players like that as they will just take the piss. How many times do you see Kompany backing off players? Not often and not for long!

Bang on ... criticism of Vinny is wildly misplaced. Nasty does however look a yard off where he is when he's at his best, which is where he needs to be in games like last night.

Where's hgblue ... i need him to remind me of just how bad a fuck up it was for Txiki not to pay the money for Marquinhos, Pepe, or A N Other world class centre half this summer ... :)
I will tell you what you are increasingly looking correct on: we have 4 squad fullbacks and no top drawer ones. Not that the fullbacks were hugely at fault last night: they kept getting isolated because of bayern's midfield dominance. But it's an area, both sides, where every player has a weakness.

GaudinoMotors said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I really don't think he knows what he's doing.
He doesn't seem to know which is his best starting eleven for any given game, his tactics are hard to comprehend, his substitutions often invoke mass head scratching, he has spent a lot of money on a team that simply isn't gelling, our defence leaks like a fucking colander, and in my opinion we have gone backwards from last season.
I would gladly give a manager with a coherent plan all the time in the world to get things right, but frankly I don't see any signs that he has one, and that is worrying.

Totally understandable - although, in his defence I would say - perhaps what appears to be indecision and lack of coherence - is down to fact he is still assessing the players. Not just in terms of their technical abilities but also their mental capacities and decision making during matches.

If Pellers hasn't yet filly assessed the players at his disposal after 9 competitive matches and a full pre season which included a further 9 or 10 games then he has no business managing at this level.

Leaving aside the long term aim of having us play the 'City Way' and the issue of exactly how much input Pellers has over the starting formation and set up in pursuit of the long term aim there is still the short term to concern ourselves with and that is recognisable advancement and success on the pitch.

The money spent on the squad this summer was spent with the intention of winning trophies and playing 'attractive football'. Pellers said that the trophy target of 5 in 5 seasons was not a problem - his exact words 'is that all? - and that we have the best squad in the league a statement that most neutral commentators agree with. Pellers twin aim is to start laying down the foundations of the 'City Way' and minimum keep us as competitive as the past two seasons and kick the squad on to reach higher standards than previously.

I'll admit that I was surprised that the 'City Way' turned out to be a pretty bog standard 442 but that can work against teams with a weak midfield especially if they match up like for like. That it doesn't work against teams who put more men in the midfield and press is self evident in the league and for teams just as good, if not better than us, then you get what we had last night. Carnage. I have not seen a worse tactical display since Hughes went to Spurs and lost 3-0 in his last season. I have said several times that Pellers in game management is beyond poor. You might as well have a reanimated corpse (or worse Mark Hughes) on the bench he is that ineffective when it goes wrong. He subs by numbers and if say Silva only has 20 mins in him then by god he will wait for that 20 mins to arrive before making the pre planned move. There is no imagination, tactical finesse or the balls to gamble and do something different in an attempt to shake the pattern of the game up. But then I am not sure F&T want their Head Coach doing any of this even if he was capable of doing it.

I'm actually bored of laying into Pellers. I wasn't convinced before he arrived and I am less than convinced now. The only aspect that annoyed me was all that media bollocks about him being an upgrade and his tactical genius being second to none. Personally we would have been better off employing 'none'.

I honestly don't know where it goes from here. Micah mentioned tired legs which after all that bollocks about our intense pre season and how much fitter, faster, stronger we now are was a bit rich. But then I think Micah was having a bit of a dig. Micah has been getting a bit snarky in his comments recently so it makes you wonder. And talking of Micah why we pitched him into that game of all games is beyond me. He has had no gametime with Navas to speak of so attempting to forge an understanding in that game of all games defied all reason.

Guess only thing to do is buckle up and hang on. Its going to be a bumpy ride this season.

I'd give Pellegrini 6 games. If he stubbornly / naively sticks with the same tactics and there's no improvement, I'd fuck him off. We simply cannot afford to finish outside the top 4, which will happen if we don't improve.

Hiddink is without a club, he'd be an ideal appointment for us. Either caretaker until the summer and break the bank for Klopp. Or for 2 years until Pep is ready. There, I've said it, give me as much abuse as you want.

he needs to sort it out, he was given the job to improve us an so far we havent, poor start to the season, only good game we have had was against united, still a long way to go yet though!! not a sprint its a marathon<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 am --<br /><br />
Shaelumstash said:
I'd give Pellegrini 6 games. If he stubbornly / naively sticks with the same tactics and there's no improvement, I'd fuck him off. We simply cannot afford to finish outside the top 4, which will happen if we don't improve.

Hiddink is without a club, he'd be an ideal appointment for us. Either caretaker until the summer and break the bank for Klopp. Or for 2 years until Pep is ready. There, I've said it, give me as much abuse as you want.
i agree, he NEEDS to improve quickly if he wants to keep his job, united have had there worse start in 20 something years an have played liverpool chelsea an us an we are only 3 points in front, says it all really!

Didsbury Dave said:
I will tell you what you are increasingly looking correct on: we have 4 squad fullbacks and no top drawer ones. Not that the fullbacks were hugely at fault last night: they kept getting isolated because of bayern's midfield dominance. But it's an area, both sides, where every player has a weakness.

I think they were massively culpable last night ... both of them. Provided fuck all going forwards and were both defensively overawed and panicked far too quickly.

Even more so than in Mancini's day, to play our current 4222 system the two full backs need to be complete. I'd seriously be considering Baines in January. Can play in CL too ... and is head and shoulders better than both Clichy and Kolarov. On the other side one of Zaba or Micah needs to be sacrificed to bring in a player with quality in his end product.

As I said to Lucky Toma - rightly or wrongly I think our squad will get gutted next summer with the only suriving players form the title winning team being Silva, Kompany, Yaya, and Aguero.

Shaelumstash said:

No abuse from me fella

TGR said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The spanish mafia are quiet in all this.

I would love to know what they are thinking.

They will be held accountable as well should this all go tits up!

But this seems to be want you want, mate?

Despite the standard lip-service, we're all blues etc, wanting the best for the team...

The majority of your comments appear to carry a stench of still wanting to be proved right, and your bitterness Mancini was sacked.

There is certainly a lack of respect with how you preface Soriano and Begiristain.

Why would you expect a public utterance from a technical director and a bean counter?

The buck always stops with the manager, as it rightly did for Mancini, and will be for everyone who follows him, like him or not.

Wrong on just so many fronts!

SHB is a genuine blue - through and through. Like all of us on here he only wants what is best for the club and the team.
'Lack of Respect' for Soriano and Begiristain. Grow up! This is an Internet football forum after we have suffered one of the most comprehensive defeats in modern times.
The buck just doesn't stop with the manager now at MCFC. The DoF has to carry a large slice of responsibility for either success or failure on the pitch. Pelle is only the puppet. The DoF is the puppet master.
If you have not noticed the natives are restless. Very restless.

Er, I have exchanged posts with SHB for long enough, and I'm sure he doesn't need others defending his blue credentials, which is why my opening gambit came with a question mark!

In terms of lack of respect, why don't we take a pop at Khaldoon and our owner, also?

I'll tell you why, because we don't want to be seen to bite the hand that feeds us.

They calls the shots and they mandated Soriano and Begiristain to do their bidding.

I'll tell you what is a lack of respect, calling Pellegrini a puppet.

A man far too long in the tooth and fielding offers from the likes of Barca, Chelsea and PSG.

How is he expected to succeed when some of our fans hold such a low opinion of him before he's had time to get his feet properly under the desk.

Not a pop at anyone in particular, but it increasingly seems as though Pellegrini's standing in the game counts for very little, and on a hiding to nothing.

It's always feast or famine on here. People are kidding themselves if they think any other English team would have got the better of Bayern last night.

We are slowly having our eyes opened to real football, after decades of dross.

Beat Everton Saturday and things will be back on an even keel.

Unless there are actually blues out there who think we have a shot at the Champions League this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.