Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grieffymcfcctid said:
he needs to sort it out, he was given the job to improve us an so far we havent, poor start to the season, only good game we have had was against united, still a long way to go yet though!! not a sprint its a marathon

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:46 am --

Shaelumstash said:
I'd give Pellegrini 6 games. If he stubbornly / naively sticks with the same tactics and there's no improvement, I'd fuck him off. We simply cannot afford to finish outside the top 4, which will happen if we don't improve.

Hiddink is without a club, he'd be an ideal appointment for us. Either caretaker until the summer and break the bank for Klopp. Or for 2 years until Pep is ready. There, I've said it, give me as much abuse as you want.
i agree, he NEEDS to improve quickly if he wants to keep his job, united have had there worse start in 20 something years an have played liverpool chelsea an us an we are only 3 points in front, says it all really!

Me too.

BillyShears said:
M24 Citizen said:
VK has been phenomenal since he came back. He made one mistake against Villa not anticipating the ball drop. VK would get in any team, including Bayerns. I feel he is a class above all our players, mostly down to his mental attitude, he has a true winner's mentality. There's not much you can do when your players are being dazzled by the opposition and run rings round.

I think Nastasic's form has dropped considerably in the last few games though, he has had some mares. Played bad against Villa and last night backed off way too much (lead to Robben's goal). You can't back off players like that as they will just take the piss. How many times do you see Kompany backing off players? Not often and not for long!

Bang on ... criticism of Vinny is wildly misplaced. Nasty does however look a yard off where he is when he's at his best, which is where he needs to be in games like last night.

Where's hgblue ... i need him to remind me of just how bad a fuck up it was for Txiki not to pay the money for Marquinhos, Pepe, or A N Other world class centre half this summer ... :)

Still here, watching my worst fears materialise before my eyes.....

Much too soon to talk about about getting rid. There's still all to play for as far as the season is concerned. And who would we get as a replacement?

But it was almost frightening they way that he failed to respond to their overwhelming midfield dominance. His body language, the way he sits impassively in the dug out doesn't bother me one iota. It was the lack of action. And when it came, it was much too little too late.

Talk about giving a penny for someone's thoughts. I'd have paid a lot more to understand what he was thinking after 10mins, 20mins, half time. Did he think that things would change round if we carried on with the same set up, hope for the best? Did he genuinely think he didn't have any better options?

hgblue said:
Still here, watching my worst fears materialise before my eyes.....

Are we being relegated to League Two again whilst the rags do the treble ... ;)

Ducado said:
We have run of 6 tough games coming up, it's make or break time for him

I have it on good authority that we'll take 16 points from the next six games ;).

What I don't understand is why Pellegrini almost seems afraid of pissing his players off by making subs. It's impossible that he didn't see our midfield getting overrun yesterday, and its rather incredible how it took up to 70+ minutes for the formation change which should really have come at halftime, if not earlier. If he gets the starting formation wrong its still forgivable, but when he doesn't make the right changes when he knows he has to then there is definitely room for criticism there.

It's not like I'm expecting Pellegrini to get every single thing right but for a manager of his repute, capability and experience, he's clearly underperforming.

bluemc1 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I really don't think he knows what he's doing.
He doesn't seem to know which is his best starting eleven for any given game, his tactics are hard to comprehend, his substitutions often invoke mass head scratching, he has spent a lot of money on a team that simply isn't gelling, our defence leaks like a fucking colander, and in my opinion we have gone backwards from last season.
I would gladly give a manager with a coherent plan all the time in the world to get things right, but frankly I don't see any signs that he has one, and that is worrying.

Totally understandable - although, in his defence I would say - perhaps what appears to be indecision and lack of coherence - is down to fact he is still assessing the players. Not just in terms of their technical abilities but also their mental capacities and decision making during matches.

Easy to feel the way you have described but I'd give him until the end of November until I can or cannot say I have confidence in him getting it right.

the post off NJ is exactly how i feel, we have looked so open all season and 4 I'm midfield was getting overrun by fuxkin Hull at times, i was crying out for 4-5-1 v United as i was terrified about the same happening but ok we won, i still wanted it last night and when i saw the team and line up my head dropped, The ONE and only time 4-4-2 has looked ok this year was v United and that was with the 2 up top Negredo and Aqureo so what does he do plays fxxkin Dzeko, im not blaming Dzeko its just the decision to do that baffles me, also its like ok ive tried 4-4-2 but we haven't kicked the ball so lets make a bleeding change, 40,000 people last night were screaming for him to do so but the 1 man in charge cant see it, this along with the fact Pellegrini said he watched every City game last year and has still played Garcia at CH is why i am also worried

sorry i will add he didnt learn his lesson about not being able to get away without your best team away in the prem v Stoke and left Aqureo out V Villa, PLEASE dont say he had a knock, hes ok to start v the euro champions on wednesday but is unable to take to the field v Villa yeah ok, why did RVP have a great season and score all those goals ? cos he played every fxxking game, does everyone think Real Madrid would have beaten Copenhagen last night without Ronaldo ? yes, but did he Play ? yes

Ducado said:
We have run of 6 tough games coming up, it's make or break time for him

Yep - it most certainly is. And just how confident are we that he will make it?
Its not for me to say as I am a long in the tooth gnarled old timer who defaults to negative
due to history and experience down the years. However on recent showings I think our
season will be over come the end of the said 6 games.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
M24 Citizen said:
VK has been phenomenal since he came back. He made one mistake against Villa not anticipating the ball drop. VK would get in any team, including Bayerns. I feel he is a class above all our players, mostly down to his mental attitude, he has a true winner's mentality. There's not much you can do when your players are being dazzled by the opposition and run rings round.

I think Nastasic's form has dropped considerably in the last few games though, he has had some mares. Played bad against Villa and last night backed off way too much (lead to Robben's goal). You can't back off players like that as they will just take the piss. How many times do you see Kompany backing off players? Not often and not for long!

Bang on ... criticism of Vinny is wildly misplaced. Nasty does however look a yard off where he is when he's at his best, which is where he needs to be in games like last night.

Where's hgblue ... i need him to remind me of just how bad a fuck up it was for Txiki not to pay the money for Marquinhos, Pepe, or A N Other world class centre half this summer ... :)
I will tell you what you are increasingly looking correct on: we have 4 squad fullbacks and no top drawer ones. Not that the fullbacks were hugely at fault last night: they kept getting isolated because of bayern's midfield dominance. But it's an area, both sides, where every player has a weakness.

Had that conversation, about Billy's view on the fullbacks, in the car on the way to the game. I'm not for giving up on Micah / Zabba yet but a new left back is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.