Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be a minority on here saying this but fair play to Pellegrini last night for trying to take on Bayern the way we did. The European Champions who are arguably the best club side in the world came to our back yard and our manager believed that our team, playing our way could beat them. There is no doubt that Pellers should have made the change to put 3 in the middle earlier but if we want to dominate Europe then we have to play our way against our opponents, especially at home. Bayern, Barca and Madrid all have their styles of football which has brought them success and made them feared across Europe. Sometimes their style doesn't work, (look at Barca Vs Bayern last year) but the majority of the time it does. That is the level we are aiming to be. With hindsight we should have realised that we are not yet at that stage and should have lined up to frustrate Bayern. But I for one am glad we have a gaffer who believes our team can take on the best.

Pellegrini has to learn from this though. If we were playing Bayern or another major team away then I would fully expect him to take a more cautious approach. But last night was a chance to see if we could take on the big boys and sadly we came short.

The thing what stood out for me in the match was that despite getting completely outplayed, if Joe Hart hadn't made a f*** up AGAIN then we would have gone in 0-0 at half time. And despite the 4-2-2-2 not working first half, I though we were the better team second half until they scored their 2nd. On a more positive note despite getting well beaten we could have even snatched a point. Yaya would have scored if he had not been took out, Silva hit the bar from the resulting free kick and Negrado missed a good header.

I think Pellegrini needs to learn from this game though. We are not quite there yet in terms of performances and he needs to be more tactically astute especially in our away games and against the better sides. I still fully respect what Pellegrini and our club are trying to do though. They are trying to give us a philosophy so we can match the Barca's, and Bayern's etc. Whether or not 4-2-2-2 is the right formation only time will tell. But the fact we are committed to reaching that level is very promising. Many teams win the CL and are nothing special look at Porto and Chelsea. They are teams who won it but you would be happy to be drawn against. The level we are aiming at is much higher than that.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Ardwick Green Blue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Doubtless those he has no repartee with.

Which sacked manager was Swales talking about when he came out with that comment as I can't remember.
Mel Machin.

He was a bit inconsequential even by the low standards of Swales appointees.

Going back to Pellegrini, if he could crack a few jokes or do a funny dance at press conferences then perhaps he would create a rapport with us fans.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
...or you could just climb out of Billy's orifice and take a reality check.

He takes the cheque before he climbs in my orifice. Thankfully he takes cheques ...

LoveCity said:
TGR said:
Shaelumstash said:

Sahel,
I said Hiddink also 2 pages ago but Danamy appears to ignore such answers for some unknown reason?

Maybe because Hiddink isn't anything special and his decent 6 month stint at Chelsea is his only real success (FA Cup) of note for over a decade? And did you watch his Anzhi team? I did a few times... they were slow and turgid and with a bottomless wallet finished 3rd in the Russian league and failed to qualify for the Champions League. Pellegrini has been a more impressive coach in the last 10 years. Grass is greener syndrome is in effect...
Over the last decade he has achieved the following:
Got South Korea to the World Cup Semi final.
Won his 4th, 5th and 6th Dutch title with PSV making him the most decorated Dutch manager in history.
Got PSV to the 2005 CL Semi final, only going out on away goals to AC Milan.
Got Russia to the Euro's semi final.
Qualified Australia for their first World Cup in 32 years.
Took Anzi to the semi finals of the EL, the best European performance in their history.
Won the FA Cup with Chelsea.
Took Chelsea to the CL semi finals, and only lost out to a controversial 94th minute goal to Barcelona. They went out on away goals.
Lost only one match in charge of Chelsea.

But aside from his achievments, he's not abraisive, he's not a pushover. He's experienced at dealing with big players. Adaptable to a variety of systems. Great record in Europe and England. 2 year deal he's be absolutely ideal until we can go all out for Klopp or Pep.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
No so much real as surreal ... count yourself lucky you didn't pick random usernames from this thread and then search their posts for words like stability and patience ... now that is some funny weird bizarre silly ironic shit!

I feel the need to go off for a search and see if I'm still in touch with reality?

...or you could just climb out of Billy's orifice and take a reality check.
This isn't about some facile settling of old scores and point scoring.
It is about what is best for Manchester City Football Club.
And right now that isn't having a clueless gaffer who looks increasingly lost with every passing game.

The post of the evening!

Danamy said:
The crazy, ironic, bizarre, stupid, silly........just pick a word.......thing about it all is the people that were crying out for stability last season for the club are now wanting the managers head within one and a half months of the season?

That's what I'm finding hard to get my head around, is this shit real?
He wont get sacked yet it would be too embarrassing for the club , they`ll wait until we finish 6th or 7th at the end of the season then he`ll be gone, that's if we manage 6th or 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.