Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
The only thing that will "pacify" us is a decent performance on the pitch tomorrow

As Captain Mainwaring once famously said

Fine words butter no parsnips

Maybe corporal Jones' "Don't panic!" or private Frazer's "We're doomed!" could apply in equal measure.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
I think Demichelis will bring steel and leadership.

I think he may also be worth a DM spot if not at CB where he can lead like Lahm and slot back when needed. Allows Vinnie to go up and play footy occasionally, but I think how Bayern worked with Lahm in "DM" really was interesting and effective on wednesday.

Use of Lahm in Busquets role as almost a third CB was impressive; a Pep trademark. Be interesting to see if Lahm stays in that role or Martinez takes it on and Lahm goes back to FB.

It's an approach that needs excellent attacking FB's.

OB1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

I think he may also be worth a DM spot if not at CB where he can lead like Lahm and slot back when needed. Allows Vinnie to go up and play footy occasionally, but I think how Bayern worked with Lahm in "DM" really was interesting and effective on wednesday.

Use of Lahm in Busquets role as almost a third CB was impressive; a Pep trademark. Be interesting to see if Lahm stays in that role or Martinez takes it on and Lahm goes back to FB.

I think it can be adapted, and that's the next step.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
OB1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It's an idea I like. I also like the fact that Pep is happy to play with one DM.

OB1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
OB1 said:

It's an idea I like. I also like the fact that Pep is happy to play with one DM.

Anybody would be happy to play with one defensive midfielder with a team / squad like Bayern's.

Vienna_70 said:
OB1 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Anybody would be happy to play with one defensive midfielder with a team / squad like Bayern's.

Or Barca's but I think we ought to be able to play that way against most of the Premier League.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Don't see it myself. I thought he was brought in as a bit part player ala Vieira style.

Gaylord du Bois said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Don't see it myself. I thought he was brought in as a bit part player ala Vieira style.

and indeed, against what should be cannon fodder in the league he shouldn't be needed, but if like Villa we should sure it up, or if like Bayern we need that experience and extra steel in midfield/defence then it would be a good option imo.

This post should probably have gone on the post match thread, but seeing as the quirks of my rota system at work has meant 72 hours in a week and very little time for Bluemoon I thought it would be better off in here. Also, the comments were originally intended as a pm for one poster in particular, but I thought it was worth sharing.

My (almost) son in law works as a Customs Officer at Manchester Airport. He told me that at this time of year it's a common sight to see Europe's best fly in and pass through. This time though with Bayern it was different. He told me that the room fell silent as they came through and the hairs on his neck stood up. He said it was more than arrogance, more than looking like winners, more than self belief. Everyone noticed. A Collegue of his (apparently a knowledgable Bolton fan) later remarked; "City are going to get absolutely twatted when they meet this lot".

I have managed today on my day off to catch up with this thread. I agree with the concensus of Forum opinion. We were blitzed and outclassed. Mr P got his tactics totally wrong and he then sat there and did piss all why we got embarrased - which is the most common theme running through almost everyone else's posts.

Just like a large number of City Posters I thought that Mr M should have had another Season.

The above logic, says that its far to early to judge Mr P on one bad day at the Office. He hasn't become a bad Manager overnight.

You also need to remember what the Customs people saw as the opposition sauntered through the Airport.

Ah well, the big day is here.

I hope we see some encouraging signs from MP today, even though it's Everton I'll be disappointed if he trots out the same 4-4-2.

Obviously expect us to win but I want to see that he is prepared to start looking at other options for when we need them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.