Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
blue underpants said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
blue underpants said:
I have had a think about my history of MCFC and you are correct, getting rid of Joe Mercer was the biggest bollock ever dropped, Getting rid of Mancini was 2nd
Yes you're right. Appointing John Benson didn't set us back 30 years, did it?
Bloody hell GDM i have to go to bed in a bit and you have brought up John Benson, i will be having nightmares
You forced me :-)

BobKowalski said:
For me it was when Txiki had lunch with Pellers agent and offered his client the City managers job.
We have found the genesis of the....err.....second biggest mistake in City's history.

Alan Ball and a transistor radio anyone?

Appointing Pellers doesn't get into the first few volumes of 'Biggest Mistakes in City's History' let alone second.

And I still have a strong suspicion that Pellers has been told to set us up and play a certain way as there is no other explanation for lining up the way we did tonight. God knows what the players thought as they trooped onto the pitch to face certain death. And as much as I am a fan of Micah to pitch him in to that game with that set up for his first outing...well it just defied logic.

Anyway enough for tonight.

BobKowalski said:
Well give Pellers credit where its due...by all accounts he pretty much nailed the pre match press conference. Playing two up top with Dzeko alongside him was a strong tactical move and it had the hacks pretty much beaten before the PC even kicked off. Good to see the club playing to Pellers strengths and general no nonsense attitude. Surprised it didn't merit a thread on here to be honest.
lol.

blue underpants said:
Yes you're right. Appointing John Benson didn't set us back 30 years, did it?
Bloody hell GDM i have to go to bed in a bit and you have brought up John Benson, i will be having nightmares
You forced me :-)
Im going bed for a nightmare, im tired and emotional.....and full as a skunk

BobKowalski said:
BobKowalski said:
For me it was when Txiki had lunch with Pellers agent and offered his client the City managers job.
We have found the genesis of the....err.....second biggest mistake in City's history.

Appointing Pellers doesn't get into the first few volumes of 'Biggest Mistakes in City's History' let alone second.

And I still have a strong suspicion that Pellers has been told to set us up and play a certain way as there is no other explanation for lining up the way we did tonight. God knows what the players thought as they trooped onto the pitch to face certain death. And as much as I am a fan of Micah to pitch him in to that game with that set up for his first outing...well it just defied logic.

can,t disagree with any of that

celticfc482 said:
Give the man a chance, tonight was a disaster but now its all about how he reacts to it. Mancini did the same thing every game no matter what happened, he didn't change or try and improve. Now we need to see what Pellegrini does in the future, if he does start with more mids or adapts his tactics. its only early and bayern are the best in Europe.
Are you on drugs? Mancini played 3 centre mids when we won the FA Cup, only 2 when we won the league, toyed with 3 at the back last year.

One of his biggest strengths was making substitutions to change the shape, often leading to Yaya being pushed forward, a la Newcastle away in the title winning season.

Slag Mancini all you want, but to say he always played the same shape and never changed is just absolute bullshit.

Pellegrini has been in charge for 9 games. We've been absolutely awful in 5 of them. The first time he has changed the shape of the team is after 75 minutes tonight when he brought Silva on when we were 3-0 down at home.

Too set in his ways, too old fashioned, too nice.

This is only my second post on here, but I thought starting with, and pursuing an attacking formation would have worked had it not been for individual errors, and there's not many teams who would have started with 2 up front against the best team in the world, and only been 1-0 at half time. If Yaya hadn't been brought down by Jerome "stole a living off city" Boateng then 3-3 might have been a likely result.

Losing at home like that is unforgivable and insulting to home fans. He knew how good Bayern and how relentless Pep's sides operate. He should have played bunker. 4-5-1. Say all you want about Mancini's Europe record but he had a 20 game unbeaten run. A home record to build success on in Europe. Like Mancini build the title success on a 100% home record. Been obliterated in one game. I also dont think he will fix the PL away problem before Christmas.

Just got back home from game and need my sleep so not read any other posts but I assume there has been more whiny shite than Travis album form certain supporters?

Anyhow, Pellegrini has to take some blame tonight for sticking with his 4-2-2-2 approach. I am still very much of the mind that the guy needs time but i hope that he is big enough, smart enough and not too long in the tooth to adopt 4-3-3. Pep and Bayern demonstrated why I favour that approach far better than my prose can.

Goodnight.

BobKowalski said:
BobKowalski said:

Micah was good tonight considering. Yes he screwed up the pretend offside trap he was setting for Alaba, but besides that he tried to tackle, used his leaping, strenght and aggressivenes as best possible against a machine. It very well might have been worse with Zaba. Ribbery and Robben are a handful no matter the opposition. The best way to shut them down, is to hold possession and deny it to their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.