Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BillyShears said:
PhuketBlue said:
They can't keep getting lucky against us though and if Pellegrini picks a full strength team, we should win comfortably.

Yeah, we will. Because as you say the away performances have been on an upward curve from when the season started, and certainly in our last five away games we've been largely the dominant side playing the best football and creating the most chances.

Now we just need to start turning those improved performances into better results. Starting from today hopefully.

citytill1die84 said:
PhuketBlue said:
BillyShears said:
Sure, if you only read results, don't watch games, and don't even take into account the match statistics. Then he should be worried about our away form.

For anyone who's bothered to watch our last 5 away games ... yeah, form can kiss my arse. Good to see you covering yours though ... ;)

I have watched all our away games in the league this year and though our performances haven't been improving the results still leave a lot to be desired. A bit like our last few games against Sunderland actually. They can't keep getting lucky against us though and if Pellegrini picks a full strength team, we should win comfortably.

If he picks a full strength team? What else is he gunna do play the under 21s? He just needs to tell the players to keep scoring goals because Sunderland will not get more than 1 imo.

Well he may decide to rotate a few players so the likes of Milner and Dzeko get starts.

Poyet as manager or not I expect to see a tight Sunderland protecting the point, looking to counter or score from set piece so Gardener will be a big threat as he's a great FK taker.

Should be a win, I'm going for 3-1. I believe we should play Navas and Milner and use Navas as a sub for late impact.

Read Guidetti will be travelling with the first team. Nothing would please me more today than us being 2-0 up (for example) and bringing him on to see him score a debut goal.

In regards to Spurs and Arsenal, I for one have absolute confidence we will be beating both of them. I look forward to a Kompany and DeMichellis backline, I think that will steady us.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 am --<br /><br />
PhuketBlue said:
citytill1die84 said:
PhuketBlue said:
I have watched all our away games in the league this year and though our performances haven't been improving the results still leave a lot to be desired. A bit like our last few games against Sunderland actually. They can't keep getting lucky against us though and if Pellegrini picks a full strength team, we should win comfortably.

If he picks a full strength team? What else is he gunna do play the under 21s? He just needs to tell the players to keep scoring goals because Sunderland will not get more than 1 imo.

Well he may decide to rotate a few players so the likes of Milner and Dzeko get starts.

I've always stuck up for Edin, always. There'd be no Aguuuuueeeeeerrrrrrrroooooo without Dzeko. But he keeps on talking and what he needs to realise is it's a team game. Sometimes you play sometimes you don't, what matters is the result and we are likely to get a result when Negredo starts. Dzeko failed to make a partnership with Aguero, he doesn't do enough link up play and he fails to use his strength like he does for Bosnia (v Brazil for example). Milner gets a go but Dzeko drops for his comments, if he carries them on I hope we sell in Jan. Replace him with El Shaarawy hopefully.

NipHolmes said:
Poyet as manager or not I expect to see a tight Sunderland protecting the point, looking to counter or score from set piece so Gardener will be a big threat as he's a great FK taker.

Should be a win, I'm going for 3-1. I believe we should play Navas and Milner and use Navas as a sub for late impact.

Read Guidetti will be travelling with the first team. Nothing would please me more today than us being 2-0 up (for example) and bringing him on to see him score a debut goal.

In regards to Spurs and Arsenal, I for one have absolute confidence we will be beating both of them. I look forward to a Kompany and DeMichellis backline, I think that will steady us.

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:40 am --

PhuketBlue said:
citytill1die84 said:

I've always stuck up for Edin, always. There'd be no Aguuuuueeeeeerrrrrrrroooooo without Dzeko. But he keeps on talking and what he needs to realise is it's a team game. Sometimes you play sometimes you don't, what matters is the result and we are likely to get a result when Negredo starts. Dzeko failed to make a partnership with Aguero, he doesn't do enough link up play and he fails to use his strength like he does for Bosnia (v Brazil for example). Milner gets a go but Dzeko drops for his comments, if he carries them on I hope we sell in Jan. Replace him with El Shaarawy hopefully.

What comments ?

Dzeko believes his performances when he has been offered an opportunity to shine justify a longer run in the side, but with Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo providing stiff competition he is often left frustrated.

The 27-year-old is prepared to remain patient, as he is tied to a contract until 2015, but admits there is no way of knowing what his long-term future will hold.

"It could be better on both sides, for me and the team, definitely," Dzeko told the Daily Mirror when asked for his assessment of the 2013/14 campaign for himself and City.

"There are a lot of players and everyone has to get a chance to play, so maybe that's why. Who knows?

"But I need to play more than I am. I've only started four games in the Premier League. But if you put me in there for 90 minutes, everything is possible.

"The first game of the season I played well, I just didn't score. The second game I scored, then the manager changed me. I don't know why.

"Then in the third game he changed me at half-time. Again, I don't know why. The team played badly in the first-half, for sure, but it's always on the strikers if it doesn't go well.

"So I think I could definitely have played more than I have done. It's difficult because you don't have a run of games, then you come into the team after maybe four games and sometimes you want to do well, but you can't do it.

"I'm still here and I still have 18 months left on my contract. But you never know what can happen in the future."
Edin Dzeko
"For three games in the Premier League I didn't play at all. That never happened last season. I didn't go three games without any minutes.

"There's Champions League and Capital One Cup also, but that's not enough for me.

"It's important to hear from the manager when you're not playing. Why are you not playing? What do you have to do better to play? So we're talking about that.

"For every striker it's important to play 90 minutes, not 45, then 50, then maybe 15, you know? But I'm still here and I still have 18 months left on my contract. But you never know what can happen in the future."

NipHolmes said:
Dzeko believes his performances when he has been offered an opportunity to shine justify a longer run in the side, but with Sergio Aguero and Alvaro Negredo providing stiff competition he is often left frustrated.

The 27-year-old is prepared to remain patient, as he is tied to a contract until 2015, but admits there is no way of knowing what his long-term future will hold.

"It could be better on both sides, for me and the team, definitely," Dzeko told the Daily Mirror when asked for his assessment of the 2013/14 campaign for himself and City.

"There are a lot of players and everyone has to get a chance to play, so maybe that's why. Who knows?

"But I need to play more than I am. I've only started four games in the Premier League. But if you put me in there for 90 minutes, everything is possible.

"The first game of the season I played well, I just didn't score. The second game I scored, then the manager changed me. I don't know why.

"Then in the third game he changed me at half-time. Again, I don't know why. The team played badly in the first-half, for sure, but it's always on the strikers if it doesn't go well.

"So I think I could definitely have played more than I have done. It's difficult because you don't have a run of games, then you come into the team after maybe four games and sometimes you want to do well, but you can't do it.

"I'm still here and I still have 18 months left on my contract. But you never know what can happen in the future."
Edin Dzeko
"For three games in the Premier League I didn't play at all. That never happened last season. I didn't go three games without any minutes.

"There's Champions League and Capital One Cup also, but that's not enough for me.

"It's important to hear from the manager when you're not playing. Why are you not playing? What do you have to do better to play? So we're talking about that.

"For every striker it's important to play 90 minutes, not 45, then 50, then maybe 15, you know? But I'm still here and I still have 18 months left on my contract. But you never know what can happen in the future."

Bye bye Dzeko!

I think dzekos comments aren't a surprise but neither is that fact that he played less.he doesn't have the same ability and skill as Negredo or Aguero. He might score goals but he is very lazy and frustrating to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.