Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

It's not MPs fault we keep making individual mistakes. Hart needs competition in January

cant blame Pellers today for that. The team worked hard after chelski went for it in the opening half. We fought our way back in to again throw it away with one big clanger that again involved Joe.

The defensive/goalkeeping element of our game is costing us dear at the moment and we now only sit a mere 2 points ahead of the scum, yet we have all been gloating at the frailties of their squad and tactical ineptitude of gollum

at the minute it does not look good even though there is a long way to go

I thought tactically that was an excellent performance. To go to Chelsea and outplay them was a remarkable achievement. No manager can allow for catastrophic goalkeeping like that.

TGR said:
marcoboogers said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
Not outdone tactically but psychologically yes - weak manager weak defence - doesn´t drop people and makes poor subs. Added to that we have no leaders on the pitch - result as today/Villa/Cardiff
We really are lacking a mean streak

Who from today would u have not played?

Demichellis had a decent game - however to start him today in his first game was very high risk.
Garcia - I shall say no more.
Clichey over Kolarov ?
To bring on Navas as a sub at that point in the game - discuss:
Do you want me to go on?

No I think you've been on enough already.

Just wanted to say this.

I thought we were brilliant today and should have won the game and I think we are improving game on game. Plus it is great football to watch.But its the 2nd time this season we have somehow managed to lose when 3 pts were there for the taking and even worse by making the same mistake twice.

My point is that, like every sport at the top level , football is mental as well as physical. I don't recall Utd under GPC or Chelsea with Mourinho ever giving away a game like that once, never mind twice within a small space of time. Look at how many times the rags won late on or when they were playing shit.

The top (top) managers are not only tactically aware but also instill a winning mentality into their players. The most successful are the ones who, when the going gets tough in the last few minutes of important games, come on top, because the players have the mindest of the manager.

Thought for the most part he's done well and our attack is clicking it's just the defense have gone mental.

Clichy was a great defender but over the summer he's forgotten how to play or Barry did a lot more than we realised. Garcia and Demichellis did alright I felt though long term Garcia should go. Always been a big fan of Kolarov but I understood why Pelle thought Clichy would be the better player for this match, no one could have predicted just how badly out of form he is.

And I can't really blame him for our Keeper situation either, Hart has been shit for a while now but I guess the thinking was that it must be Mancinis fault, not Harts. Hopefully Pants see's his chance against Newcastle and Pelle can play the 'form' card.

BL2blue said:
Just wanted to say this.

I thought we were brilliant today and should have won the game and I think we are improving game on game. Plus it is great football to watch.But its the 2nd time this season we have somehow managed to lose when 3 pts were there for the taking and even worse by making the same mistake twice.

My point is that, like every sport at the top level , football is mental as well as physical. I don't recall Utd under GPC or Chelsea with Mourinho ever giving away a game like that once, never mind twice within a small space of time. Look at how many times the rags won late on or when they were playing shit.

The top (top) managers are not only tactically aware but also instill a winning mentality into their players. The most successful are the ones who, when the going gets tough in the last few minutes of important games, come on top, because the players have the mindest of the manager.

FFS you cannot blame that abhoration on the manager in any shape or form.

Not a proven natural born winner - sometimes and somehow this transmits itself to players. Then doubts set in. MP now understands fully the size of his task. He will have to achieve more than he has in his whole career put together to be seen as a success. 5 trophies , 5 years - that´s his mandate

At 60 he has it all to do imho
I sincerely wish him all the luck in the world as I do not hanker for Bob - my position has been consistent from day one - not convinced and maybe even a dud

Still not convinced wirh mp...

We are far worse defensively...completely open. Poor as a team and individuals look like they have regressed as well....nasty, zabba, hart clichy all look shadows of their former selves.

We look ok going forward but still think we,are under par from what we are capable of. Not convinced about navas at all....

Mp and the men in charge failed to address whst wecall knew; that we needed cover for vk...infact they sold a very decent option on kolo and then mp comes out this week and basically says richards will not be used there.......that is very poor from mp in my opinion....

He needs to work on the defensive tactics cause we are wide open....the individual errors dont help but as a unit the defense is shocking

Best team lost today, simple as that. I don't think that any blame can be attributed to the manager, apart from that he should have taken off Toure with 15 minutes to go, as he barely got above walking pace for the last 20 minutes of the game (always tends to happen when he plays the advanced roll in midfield from the kick-off). I personally wouldn't have took Nasri off when he did, but it is an understandable substitution to make.

Joe Hart - Needs to be dropped. Can only assume that he needs a rest to get his head straight.
Unfortunately he has cost us at least two wins (possibly 3) so far this season.
With Pants starting in the cup game on Wednesday this will give him and the defence a game to bed in before the next league game.

Nastasić - Needs to be dropped!!! Although the goal was Harts fault, a defender who is not as gormless and with more concentration would still not have headed that ball. He must have seen Hart for the split second that a decent (not necessarily top class) defender would have needed to rethink his actions before still going on to provide the assist for Torres.
He needs to be dropped, or 'rested' as much for his own good as the teams. Consistently giving away fouls leading to goals for the opposition, or making bad errors (or contributing to them). If this carries on it may ruin a promising career.
Unfortunately Lescott appears about as popular as a leper at the moment, which I appreciate makes this one harder at the moment.

Clichy - God knows what happened to him today, but as stated elsewhere he was stuck with the left backs from before he got him and most fans/pundits would expect him to be better defensively than today for 90% of games.

Demichelis - Thought he had a promising game to be honest, considering his lack of fitness and match practice. Will make a good partner for Kompany when he is fit.

The worrying thing is, we have the better team and better manager, and at times have played FANTASTIC football (including today).....yet we are only two points ahead of that shower of **** who made Stoke look like Real Madrid on Saturday. Confused? I know I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.