Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

I must say that for 89 minutes we looked champions-in-waiting. I expected Pellegrini to play the usual 4-2-2-2, and I thought we'd struggle, but he didn't, and for the first time he actually shaped his team to suit a particular match and particular opposition. The back four needs to tighten up and improve because they don't seem to play the ball but just stand around hoping for offside, so that we are suckers for any angled high ball in - it doesn't have to be a good one-, but I thought we actually coped increasingly well as the game progressed. At 1-1 I thought City had got a result which could be decisive, and that Pellegrini had made an important point to Mourinho and Chelsea. I think that's their best performance this season by some way and we had the better of it. And then, the old Joe Hart appears on the scene - who remembers the same blunder at Kolo's expense against Blackburn in September 2010? - to ruin an excellent performance, throw the point his team mates had worked so hard for and make a free gift of two more points to Chelsea. I bet the others - Pellegrini included - could have wept.

It was not Pellegrini's fault we lost today. He was not out-thought by Mourinho. He got the tactics spot on. He was let down by Clichy (first goal) and Hart (second goal). He was right to bring off Nasri and Aguero as they both looked knackered.

Proper small time of him not to shake Jose's hand. That's a Fergie/Wenger/Jose thing to do.

Have a word, Khaldoon.<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:01 pm --<br /><br />Proper small time of him not to shake Jose's hand. That's a Fergie/Wenger/Jose thing to do.

Have a word, Khaldoon.

In the transfer window just gone it was obvious that:
We needed a quality left back. Did we go out and get one? No.
It was obvious we needed a quality CB. Did we go out and get one? No.
We let both Barry & Kolo go for 'financial reasons'.
We went for a cheap and cheerful option with Demichellis.
This is not the managers fault.
You reap what you sow...

TGR said:
In the transfer window just gone it was obvious that:
We needed a quality left back. Did we go out and get one? No.
It was obvious we needed a quality CB. Did we go out and get one? No.
We let both Barry & Kolo go for 'financial reasons'.
We went for a cheap and cheerful option with Demichellis.
This is not the managers fault.
You reap what you sow...

Totally agree with this.

BlueTG said:
Juries still out

We all slag Moyes off and laugh but we sit a mere two points above them

Plus he had a tougher beginning of season than us.

Not outdone tactically but psychologically yes - weak manager weak defence - doesn´t drop people and makes poor subs. Added to that we have no leaders on the pitch - result as today/Villa/Cardiff
We really are lacking a mean streak

generally speaking successful managers are also lucky fuckers

tbh i don't know too much about mp but i know about madrids highest points total ever not winning the league and malaga's champs league exit last season

it seems everytime we make a mistake we concede a goal

i hope he ain't just an unlucky bleeder :)

So far he definitely looks like a downgrade on Mancini.
He has turned the best defence in the league into an open gate and he really isn't very good with the tactical changes.

wouldn't be upset if he was shown the door at the end of the season tbh, I think he will be as well.Just don't get why some people think he`s so great ? certainly isn't an upgrade on Mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.