Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR said:
OB1 said:
hilts said:
What do you expect him to say?

Indeed. I suspect the guy is a bit bemused by what has happened away from home: it is generally moments rather than overall performance that keeps costing us; which makes it much harder to identify and solve the problem.

OB1:

When in a hole - stop digging!

I need to put my shovel away in a minute but I stand by the opinion that MP is entitled to be somewhat perplexed tonight. His team have outplayed their opponents in the last four away league games but lost three of them. The winning goals for the opponents in the last two defeats were directly attributable to calamatous "individual" errors by players who were nowhere near today's starting line-up. Today the opponets get a goal thanks to a bad refereeing decision, having at that point presented no real threat and presenting very little thereafter; whilst Pelle's team racked up 24 shots at goal in the game.

Strewth, I'm definitely perplexed by that but I don't have to find the solution, he does.

cookster said:
TGR said:
Marvin said:
It's very easy for so called supporters to pile the pressure on in the aftermath of a defeat, but a manager isn't always to be blamed for a bad result

There are specific reasons for the defeats at Cardiff, Villa, Chelsea and Sunderland, and I'm sure there are some things that Pellegrini should have done differently, but I can't really blame him today for the poor result no more than I can blame Mourinho and AVB for their poor recent results

You'd do better looking at a particular tactic that you don't like and raising a question of why we're doing that.

Two or three games in I was very criticial of Pellegrini because I thought our entire game plan was totally awry at Cardiff and at home to Hull. We looked a shadow of the team we were.

Today we played poorly, but I'm confident that given the opportunity of playing a strong team we'll be challenging for the title in May.

I genuinely and honestly hope you are right Marvin come May. However I have to say on what we have seen so far away from home and the repeated mistakes I really am starting to lose hope.
I genuinely do hope that you are right and that I am wrong.

Marvin was quoting Manure would crumble all last season. Blind faith!
takes a rag to remember that ;-)

Blue2112 said:
cookster said:
Marvin said:
That's because it's a stupid question

There's not an exact science to winning a game, and it depends on your team imposing their game on the opposition

Don't think anyone can disagree with the manager's own summary

You really are a grade A weapon Marvin.

You have the cheek to say "it's a stupid question" and "there's no science" then quote a formula "your team imposing their game on the opposition" . Irony of a bellend!

Marvin why the fuck was it a stupid question I asked of Billy. He said he had faith in MP to get it right and I asked him genuinely no piss taking why he believed that and he answered albeit without giving me his reasons? Maybe we should just resort back to slagging each other off then instead, but Billy knows me well enough not to resort to that.
Because you can't really explain what's gone wrong in the handful of away defeats we've had, I can't other than point at bad luck and injuries to Kompany and Hart's absence. We've played well in these games

As I said before, football isn't an exact science and your are looking for a bacterium and an anti-biotic

I doubt if you asked Pellegrini he could explain what is the cause of the away defeats, or if there is a connection between any of them. It's all taken in a momentum of its own now, and City are known as a soft-touch away from home

Clueless manager

Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.